Wishful Thinking...
(03-17-2014, 10:17 PM)LewStonewar Wrote: What I want to happen....Penny will get a movie in Bulgaria or something and have to go away for 3 months during the hiatus. Not a good movie....Roland Emmerich probably.
I want Penny to have a trip!

And hopefully come back with a better boyfriend. Almost anyone would be better than Leonard. And watching him suffer would be wonderful.
The following 4 users Like devilbk's post:
  • Jislane35, queenoftheDales, Gamma, Nutz
Favourite euphemisms in TBBT (50-125 sec), plus insight into younger Mary's life. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mp6GIrVGvQY
The following 1 user Likes ricardo shillyshally's post:
  • Toad
Is it indicative; in TBBT we only ever see one parent, of each character, (except Raj's, but they're disembodied!). I'd like to know more about Sheldon's father. We have scant info, Mary may have selective memory! Based on his offspring, he must have been a tall, attractive man, owned a car, and had a stash of strawberry wine! He even taught Sheldon about sports, in an attempt to help him fit in! What was he really like? And then there's Penny's mother?
The following 1 user Likes ricardo shillyshally's post:
  • Jislane35
[Image: BBT_pilot.png]
The following 3 users Like ricardo shillyshally's post:
  • queenoftheDales, Jislane35, Tuesday Pajamas
It does seem there's some unwritten internal logic to sitcoms. Anything that happens outside that logic, always turns out to be a dream/fantasy sequence,and the plot returns to some sort of reality. I wish sometimes when something like this happens, they just go with it. [Image: i-believe-one-day-4d7a968bb636e25818ff2a3941db08c1.gif]
The following 4 users Like ricardo shillyshally's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, Jislane35, Wisp, FranEssi
If I could make changes, it would mostly be about Penny. 'Coz the writers could have had written so much about her. I would've also focused on her life outside of hanging out with the boys. I wanna see her drive to auditions and memorize scripts and deliver them in front of a panel. I wanna see her doing acting classes and their class productions. While trying to land a role, I'd like her to try different types of jobs and maybe even more businesses, like the Penny Blossoms. I wouldn't want her to just get stuck waitressing at TCF for ten frigging years. And, of course, I wouldn't make her stay in that unhealthy relationship that, as Sheldon would say, was doomed right from the start.
(04-18-2014, 01:27 AM)Jomi25 Wrote: If I could make changes, it would mostly be about Penny. 'Coz the writers could have had written so much about her. I would've also focused on her life outside of hanging out with the boys. I wanna see her drive to auditions and memorize scripts and deliver them in front of a panel. I wanna see her doing acting classes and their class productions. While trying to land a role, I'd like her to try different types of jobs and maybe even more businesses, like the Penny Blossoms. I wouldn't want her to just get stuck waitressing at TCF for ten frigging years. And, of course, I wouldn't make her stay in that unhealthy relationship that, as Sheldon would say, was doomed right from the start.

Amen and Hallelujah!
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 3 users Like Nutz's post:
  • devilbk, Jislane35, Jomi25
I get a vague sense that what I was hoping for out of Big Bang was a human version of 3rd Rock from the Sun. Something slightly surreal that shed light on a variety of humanity's foibles through the characters' interactions with/observations upon the world.
Principally of course through Sheldon, who would move throughout the pointless tawdriness like an oriental prince through a pit of pig swill.
What they did instead was dunk the prince's face in the swill over and over again whilst chanting to the gormless peasants that milled to watch; "See! He's human, he's human! He's flawed! Just like you and you and you....and you sir, eating the groats out of the gutters, he's LESS than you because he THINKS he's so great, whereas you KNOW you're a colossal arsebiscuit..." etc

Sheldon was akin to the Dick character, who although pompous and occasionally mildly ludicrous, had a wholly justifiable arrogance and inherent dignity. His moments of weakness, moreover, worked with the character rather than diminished it.

Now, for whatever reason (and we have several...generally centering around neutering Sheldon in a paradoxical effort at making him "shipworthy") they've decided to turn Dick into Harry. But not lovable Harry, who was (similar to Vintage Sheldon) protected by his innocence, but just an idiotic, obtuse, floundering house-pet.

And Penny, well, good grief...she's turned into some sort of pointless, sarcastic, weary, dime-a-dozen sitcom blonde. Penny used to subvert that caricature, now she's the bloody poster boy for it.

I'd hoped for even ONE scene like this for Penny;

"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 8 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Jislane35, Jomi25, Tuesday Pajamas, lewstonewar, queenoftheDales, Toad, ricardo shillyshally, Wisp
That is amazing! Big Grin Beautiful!

TPTB won't even give Penny a job, let alone respect her enough to give her something like this. Wow!
The following 3 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, Jislane35, Jomi25
(04-21-2014, 05:39 PM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: That is amazing! Big Grin Beautiful!

TPTB won't even give Penny a job, let alone respect her enough to give her something like this. Wow!

The only dream that Penny is now permitted to have is Leonard. And that's not a dream at all.
The following 4 users Like devilbk's post:
  • Jislane35, lewstonewar, Berliner, Jomi25