Wishful Thinking...
(01-21-2014, 03:57 PM)WITCHDOCTOR FANTASTIC Wrote: Oh, the amount of tricks they missed... I totally agree that they could have got away with some weird-ass shit. With the old writing, anyway. I wouldn't trust them with a bit of mild cosplaying nowadays. My favourite episodes are the ones that are self-contained and don't involve "We're geeky losers, we need girls" angst, or, as it is now, "we're geeky losers, we've got girls now, oh what emotional whiplash, day in day out" angst. The show needs some escapism from itself.

I think the reason why I have taken a serious liking to Community lately is because of the fabulously executed AU/just plain surreal episodes:
  • A labyrinth of blanket forts
  • Spaghetti Western Paintball Tournaments. A FIST FULL OF PAINTBALLS. ORGASM.
  • Zombie-making Taco Meat
  • Bottle Episode
  • Christmas Stop Motion Episode
Also A LOT of crossdressing. That's always a yes for me, providing said crossdresser pulls it off.
I can watch about 17 in a row and not get tired because some episodes are like a completely different show.
I could go on... I think I've got a crush on the whole show.

The moments in TBBT where the characters have self-doubt are often a tad unsatisfying to me, as the characters still seem bothered by themselves at the end of the episode, e.g. when Penny shouts at Leonard about his Time Machine. Although she apologises and was just mad, I still get the impression that she'll never truly "get it" and that will perpetually bother Leonard. In Community there are moments when someone has a moment of self-doubt, but they are reassured, and so am I, that they are fine how they are. TBBT has become increasingly ambiguous with its message; I'm no longer sure whether they care about their characters or not.

True, but in the old episodes Penny said they have no shields you know like in Star Trek (when dealing with Alicia) she got the Napkin for Sheldon, maybe not understanding, but knowing he saw himself as Spock, and she stood up for Sheldon and his WOW things were stolen. She did have moments (maybe not in the time machine episode) where she maybe didn't completely understand, but it was enough that she supported them (unlike now)
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 4 users Like Nutz's post:
  • queenoftheDales, Jislane35, Wisp, lewstonewar
Wishful thinking - Use a time machine and stop Howard and Raj from setting up Sheldon and Yoko.
The following 5 users Like FlyingMonkey's post:
  • Jislane35, queenoftheDales, Toad, CassandraElise, Wisp
(02-08-2014, 08:11 AM)FlyingMonkey Wrote: Wishful thinking - Use a time machine and stop Howard and Raj from setting up Sheldon and Yoko.

I'm not against romance but it REALLY shouldn't be the only answer for character development. What about family? An emotional loss of a friend/relative? Friendship? Self-sacrifice? Acceptance? Respect? Platonic love? All of these things CAN show growth for a character!

Another thing does Amy even care about Sheldon's intelligence anymore? Or having her encourage him to put more focus into winning the Nobel Prize because she believes in him and wants to see him happy? If she was more supportive and accepting of him and showed more love to him then I might've liked her.

But you know what maybe she just wants him to be more happy through her and admire her instead of making him feel grateful for who he is/what he represents as a scientist and his one dream:/
The following 5 users Like Jislane35's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, queenoftheDales, Toad, Trust No One, Wisp
(02-08-2014, 08:26 AM)Jislane35 Wrote: I'm not against romance but it REALLY shouldn't be the only answer for character development. What about family? An emotional loss of a friend/relative? Friendship? Self-sacrifice? Acceptance? Respect? Platonic love? All of these things CAN show growth for a character!

Another thing does Amy even care about Sheldon's intelligence anymore? Or having her encourage him to put more focus into winning the Nobel Prize because she believes in him and wants to see him happy? If she was more supportive and accepting of him and showed more love to him then I might've liked her.

But you know what maybe she just wants him to be more happy through her and admire her instead of making him feel grateful for who he is/what he represents as a scientist and his one dream:/

Sadly this is not the Hollywood and TV from the 80's Jislane. We are in The Jersey Shore and Kardashian times now. Sad
The following 1 user Likes Trust No One's post:
  • Jislane35
I'm just jumping in with this; old media, we were just passive observers, modern media is more interactive. Will there be a time when dependant upon your preferences, you can watch the show you like. Films and programmes have been made with alternate endings. In the future, will viewer preference dictate that programme producers create a number of different potential scenarios, maybe multiple possibilities from any given juncture.[Image: the-big-bang-theory-1.jpg]
The following 4 users Like ricardo shillyshally's post:
  • Toad, queenoftheDales, Nutz, FranEssi
That is the face of a man contemplating acid baths and chainsaws. Seriously. Scary!Serial Killer!Sheldon.

(Also, Pilot, your vision of the future sounds very like the ideas Peter Hamilton tends to come up with in some of his writing. He has some fabulous futurist ideas, shame he spoils them with the utterly appalling writing of his female characters. The male characters just tend to be bastards, but the women... oy.)

...actually, I'm wondering if Sheldon is contemplating whipping the cover off that cake stand, and one swift push... Death by Chocolate.
The following 2 users Like SpaceAnJL's post:
  • Jislane35, ricardo shillyshally
(03-16-2014, 03:57 AM)SpaceAnJL Wrote: That is the face of a man contemplating acid baths and chainsaws. Seriously. Scary!Serial Killer!Sheldon.

(Also, Pilot, your vision of the future sounds very like the ideas Peter Hamilton tends to come up with in some of his writing. He has some fabulous futurist ideas, shame he spoils them with the utterly appalling writing of his female characters. The male characters just tend to be bastards, but the women... oy.)

...actually, I'm wondering if Sheldon is contemplating whipping the cover off that cake stand, and one swift push... Death by Chocolate.

Can't you see it's love at first sight? OMG I wonder when they'll have sex!! Squeal!
The following 1 user Likes FlyingMonkey's post:
  • Jislane35
[quote='SpaceAnJL' Death by Chocolate.
[/quote] That would be an interesting plot deviation, I can imagine it now!(although I think Amy would enjoy it too much!). I really wish I could read more Sci-Fi, but I've realised that I only like it, if it has some semblance of realism to it,(perversely!). Yes I wonder what Sheldon is really thinking, the eyes do hint at dark thoughts!
The following 1 user Likes ricardo shillyshally's post:
  • Jislane35
What I want to happen....Penny will get a movie in Bulgaria or something and have to go away for 3 months during the hiatus. Not a good movie....Roland Emmerich probably.
I want Penny to have a trip!
The following 5 users Like lewstonewar's post:
  • queenoftheDales, Tuesday Pajamas, Jislane35, devilbk, CassandraElise
(03-17-2014, 10:17 PM)LewStonewar Wrote: What I want to happen....Penny will get a movie in Bulgaria or something and have to go away for 3 months during the hiatus. Not a good movie....Roland Emmerich probably.
I want Penny to have a trip!

Be nice to see Penny earn some money but I fear the writers are just going to make her financially dependant on Leonard.
The following 2 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Jislane35, lewstonewar