Shenny at the Movies (Fan Fiction Challenge)
Shenny at the Movies

For this this challenge just take your fave movie scene and rewrite it for Sheldon and Penny. 

It can be a romantic and classic like this...

[Image: Sheldon-Penny-manip_zpsujrv5jlp.jpg]

Or platonic and a fun like this...

[Image: 1z3t384.jpg]

There are only 3 rules:

1. Rewrite a scene from a movie for Sheldon and Penny. Or summarize a movie with them as leads.
2. Only one chapter long.
2. Anything up to 2,500 words.
3. We must be able to recognise the characters.

If you'd rather we didn't guess, please let us know either through the title or intro what your crossover movie is. Guessing might be fun though. If you post on ff.net please add your fic in the normal section and not the crossover section, so we can find them and they stay together for the challenge.

Deadline is New Years Day 2016. Edit : Going to keep this challenge running as it has so much potential. No deadline.

Thanks to Idle Miscreant for this challenge prompt and for those of you who don't write, please feel free to create manips instead.

If you are not a member and would like to send us your story or manips email us here.

Edit: 12 stories so far, see below ...
The following 6 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Toad, Jomi25, Kimk26, Idle Miscreant, Nutz, Gamma
[Image: w0j9zl.jpg]
"The mark of mediocrity is to look for precedent."   Norman Mailer
The following 5 users Like Kimk26's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, Nutz, Tuesday Pajamas, wellplayedpenny, Gamma
Heart What a great start. Thanks Kim.
The following 1 user Likes Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Kimk26
[Image: 2j4sr34.jpg]

I was really glad to find this scene from the movie, as this setting is so familiar/frequent in the Shenny/BBT universe. These faces were actually lifted from the same driving scene..so I was really happy they worked out. And yeah, I could see Penny and Sheldon in a similar scenario..  Smile
"The mark of mediocrity is to look for precedent."   Norman Mailer
The following 4 users Like Kimk26's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas, Gamma, Nutz, Toad
[Image: tumblr_nx62bkFhcU1uxnqk9o1_250.gif]
The following 2 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Kimk26, Idle Miscreant
hahahaha...no.
The following 2 users Like SpaceAnJL's post:
  • wellplayedpenny, Idle Miscreant
Heart Heart Shenny at the movies FF Challenge Heart Heart

1. Shenny at the Movies: When Penny met Sheldon by mariteri
Come one! Come nearly all! It's the Shenny at the Movies challenge! Enjoy. Rated K, because honestly I couldn't rate it any lower. Needless to say, it's a Shenny.

2. Shenny at the Movies: The Molaro by JLynnB
Not everything is as it seems.

3. Shenny at the Movies: 10 Things I Hate About You bby KJB73
A poem from Penny to Sheldon.

4. Shenny at the Movies: The Laureate by Sat Night 815
This is Sheldon. He's a little worried about his future. (Personally, I consider the ending of this movie to be the ideal ending to this show.

5. Shenny at the Movies: Wizard of Oz by OrsonWells
The title explains it all.

6. Shenny at the Movies: Movie Challenge - Mystery Movie by Spooladio
Guess the movie, the seven main cast characters, and four recurring cast members. One of my favorite movies.

7. Shenny at the Movies: Starman by OrsonWells
What if Sheldon really was an alien? i had fun with this (might make it multi chapter later on) Enjoy!

8. Shenny at the Movies: The Silence of the Lambs by Sat Night 815
Quid pro quo, Doctor. (Hopefully, it's a little tongue-in-cheek at times, although perhaps that's not the best figure of speech considering this movie. I hope you enjoy, and thanks again for reading. Warning: NOT canon friendly.)

9. Shenny at the Movies: The Nutty Physicist by OrsonWells
Loosely based on the original The Nutty Professor. Enjoy!
The following 1 user Likes Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • QueenOfShebaSays
(11-21-2015, 03:03 AM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: Heart Heart Shenny at the movies FF Challenge Heart Heart

1. Shenny at the Movies: When Penny met Sheldon by mariteri
Come one! Come nearly all! It's the Shenny at the Movies challenge! Enjoy. Rated K, because honestly I couldn't rate it any lower. Needless to say, it's a Shenny.

2. Shenny at the Movies: The Molaro by JLynnB
Not everything is as it seems.

3. Shenny at the Movies: 10 Things I Hate About You bby KJB73
A poem from Penny to Sheldon.

4. Shenny at the Movies: The Laureate by Sat Night 815
This is Sheldon. He's a little worried about his future. (Personally, I consider the ending of this movie to be the ideal ending to this show.

5. Shenny at the Movies: Wizard of Oz by OrsonWells
The title explains it all.

6. Shenny at the Movies: Movie Challenge - Mystery Movie by Spooladio
Guess the movie, the seven main cast characters, and four recurring cast members. One of my favorite movies.

7. Shenny at the Movies: Starman by OrsonWells
What if Sheldon really was an alien? i had fun with this (might make it multi chapter later on) Enjoy!

8. Shenny at the Movies: The Silence of the Lambs by Sat Night 815
Quid pro quo, Doctor. (Hopefully, it's a little tongue-in-cheek at times, although perhaps that's not the best figure of speech considering this movie. I hope you enjoy, and thanks again for reading. Warning: NOT canon friendly.)

9. Shenny at the Movies: The Nutty Physicist by OrsonWells
Loosely based on the original The Nutty Professor. Enjoy!
Oh! three of mine are on here! thanks!

it's been fun writing them! i'm trying to figure out the next movie adaptation...
The following 2 users Like QueenOfShebaSays's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, Kimk26
(11-26-2015, 12:14 AM)QueenOfShebaSays Wrote: Oh! three of mine are on here! thanks!

it's been fun writing them! i'm trying to figure out the next movie adaptation...

Bloody hell, YOU'RE Orson Wells! I was going to leave my first ever FF review on your Starman story. But laziness intervened. Lethargically.

I'll just say, I preferred reading your story to watching ANY post Season 4 episode. Indeed, I think I actually preferred the whole concept to that of the show's. I was miserable when it ended. Write more dammit! Wine

WHY are there so few "Sheldon as Literal Alien" stories? Considering Shenny fans seem to prefer whimsical, spindly, Spock Sheldon, (rather than muscly, kissy-wissy, dumbo boyfriend Sheldon of the later seasons), you'd think there'd be more alien fics.
I can only remember Daedaleopsis' splendid "Sick Day" https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10908794/1/Sick-Day

Mind you, there's loads of Sheldon as Ghost/Cat/Toaster/Spaceship/Supervillain....so, perhaps that's sufficient.
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 2 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Kimk26, Gamma
(11-26-2015, 06:20 AM)Idle Miscreant Wrote: Bloody hell, YOU'RE Orson Wells! I was going to leave my first ever FF review on your Starman story. But laziness intervened. Lethargically.

I'll just say, I preferred reading your story to watching ANY post Season 4 episode. Indeed, I think I actually preferred the whole concept to that of the show's. I was miserable when it ended. Write more dammit! Wine

WHY are there so few "Sheldon as Literal Alien" stories? Considering Shenny fans seem to prefer whimsical, spindly, Spock Sheldon, (rather than muscly, kissy-wissy, dumbo boyfriend Sheldon of the later seasons), you'd think there'd be more alien fics.
I can only remember Daedaleopsis' splendid "Sick Day" https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10908794/1/Sick-Day

Mind you, there's loads of Sheldon as Ghost/Cat/Toaster/Spaceship/Supervillain....so, perhaps that's sufficient.
Oh thank you! You're too kind. 

It's kinda interesting because I can't help but think that Sheldon would still be himself if there wasn't any Amy and even if he and Penny weren't together yet... He'd grow realistically. He'd still be the same Sheldon but maybe just a bit sweeter. I really hate that they dumbed him down. The ONLY time we see him as the old Sheldon is when he's interacting one on one with Penny. That's it. (Side note... I actually really like that Jim gets kinda bulky and wears the tighter Sheldon shirts... I mean it's only natural...) but everything else... Sigh....

I will say that yes I'm shocked there aren't more of him as an actual alien. It's why I thought Starman fit...

I have no idea where my point went. I guess thank you and I'm honestly flattered you thought it was good. I do plan on writing more of it Big Grin
The following 4 users Like QueenOfShebaSays's post:
  • Gamma, Idle Miscreant, Tuesday Pajamas, Kimk26