Favourite Songs (at the moment)
Nice album from a Finnish group. Sort of folk/pop/metal with dark/mystical/mysterious themes. The singer's voice isn't especially strong, but it's a nice album.

I can't contribute much to this thread lately, because I'm an elementary ESL teacher and all the songs I hear each day are about learning colors, numbers, and shapes Big Grin

B-I-N-G-O, B-I-N-G-O, B-I-N-G-O.... Tongue
The following 1 user Likes Louise's post:
  • queenoftheDales
I've done foreign language English, I'm sure the mothers just dumped them off while they went shopping. This guy scrathes DVDs, giffing live! (6mix)

The following 1 user Likes ricardo shillyshally's post:
  • queenoftheDales
I think this album (Discovery) was one of the better ones that Daft Punk released.

The following 1 user Likes queenoftheDales's post:
  • FlyingSolo
I frickin' love Daft Punk! I agree, their earlier works were fantastic. Random Access Memories was another great album of theirs. I also dig their soundtrack from Tron:Legacy. Smile
Yes Daft Punk at party, DJ Yoda after. This for a sunday afternoon.

Louder Than Words

Lovely song from Pink Floyd's new album "The Endless River".
Man darf nicht das, was uns unwahrscheinlich und unnatürlich erscheint, mit dem verwechseln, was absolut unmöglich ist. - Carl Friedrich Gauß
The following 1 user Likes Berliner's post:
  • ricardo shillyshally
This is a beautiful winter-themed album of ambient music. (and not uber-Christmassy, for those who don't celebrate Christmas or are tired of hearing the usual carols.) Nox Arcana has many albums, all with mystical/magical themes.

A tear-stained homage to the battle weary. Somewhat hokey, I grant you, with all the slow motion and crying. But well done nonetheless. The composer is Hans Zimmer, and this is "Time" from his score for Inception.

OH PLEASE...
I was in supermarket yesterday, same cheesey christmas records on loop, aaaaahhhh!!!!! But this is class!