25.00%
1 25.00%
3 Dirty Socks
0%
0 0%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

7.10 The Discovery Dissipation
I didn't find too much to like with this one. While it's always a pleasure to see Wil Wheaton and John Ross Bowie, I miss evil Wil, the smarmy bastard. And it was a little jarring hearing Kripke actually acknowledge his speech impediment - I'd always thought he was unaware of it. Totally unbelievable that he wouldn't be, I get that, but somehow it's funnier to imagine that he's oblivious to it.
OH PLEASE...
(12-06-2013, 11:22 PM)thetoadoftruth Wrote: I didn't find too much to like with this one. While it's always a pleasure to see Wil Wheaton and John Ross Bowie, I miss evil Wil, the smarmy bastard. And it was a little jarring hearing Kripke actually acknowledge his speech impediment - I'd always thought he was unaware of it. Totally unbelievable that he wouldn't be, I get that, but somehow it's funnier to imagine that he's oblivious to it.

I will be watching this one later but you are correct. Kripke WAS unaware of his speech impediment and this made him funny. In the episode where Raj is obsessed with his new phone, Kripke tells him the voice activation is crap. He then tries to speak to 'Suri' with full on wwww's. It seems like they are trying to turn BB into the a sitcom which has a 'message'. How disappointing.
You're right!! And see, THAT'S funny. Kripke directing his frustration outward, at Siri, for not understanding "wecommend a westauwant."

Good grief, must even the recurring characters be sacrificed on the altar of "growth?" I suppose next they'll have free-ballin' Zack reading a book. Sigh.
OH PLEASE...
It's exactly why the characters are funny in the first place. Giving them self awareness about it just sucks the com right out of the sitcom.

I'm sure that the writers must be aware of this but they are in a position of comfort now. They have built up the shows fanbase and most will stay loyal. Once fans fall ion love with characters their expectations seem to become lower. OR the writers might just be having a bad week. We all have those. Big Grin
AM I IN A MINORITY THEN AM I? I actually enjoyed this episode. Enjoyed is possibly not the word...I found it fascinating. And Wheaton was in it. Like the Dogopus, NO ONE can hate that.

I've already summarised my opinion of this episode elsewhere on the main site.
Let me see if I can kill two birds with one link. The bird of "too lazy to be arsed rewriting my opinion" and the bird of "can we sub-link to pages within our own forum, without the site collapsing like an unstable sun"

Does this work?
http://www.shennyhq.com/#!the-discovery-...ation/cikw
Are we dead?
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
(01-02-2014, 12:24 PM)Major Gripe Wrote: AM I IN A MINORITY THEN AM I? I actually enjoyed this episode. Enjoyed is possibly not the word...I found it fascinating. And Wheaton was in it. Like the Dogopus, NO ONE can hate that.

I've already summarised my opinion of this episode elsewhere on the main site.
Let me see if I can kill two birds with one link. The bird of "too lazy to be arsed rewriting my opinion" and the bird of "can we sub-link to pages within our own forum, without the site collapsing like an unstable sun"

Does this work?
http://www.shennyhq.com/#!the-discovery-...ation/cikw
Are we dead?

It works! My browser didn't crash! We're still here!

See, now, THAT'S funny. I can't recall that I so much as snickered during this one. And I don't enjoy seeing a hobbled and humbled Sheldon. Maybe I need to watch it again. Maybe I'll wetwact my "meh" reaction.
OH PLEASE...
(01-02-2014, 01:23 PM)thetoadoftruth Wrote: It works! My browser didn't crash! We're still here!

See, now, THAT'S funny. I can't recall that I so much as snickered during this one. And I don't enjoy seeing a hobbled and humbled Sheldon. Maybe I need to watch it again. Maybe I'll wetwact my "meh" reaction.

I didn't say I LAUGHED Toad, did I say I laughed? Laugh I did NOT.
I even Wetwacted my "enjoyed" to "found fascinating"...which I did.

I also find brain-commandeering parasites fascinating, and there's nothing particularly funny about those.

The last time I laughed in S7 was at Stuart's "Dating Face", and that's just my low-brow slapstick sensibilities emerging.

Why isn't there a gif of that dating face, dammit...

First one to bring me such a gif will get a SHINY GOLD COIN.
(this may be a lie)
(01-02-2014, 02:21 PM)Major Gripe Wrote:
(01-02-2014, 01:23 PM)thetoadoftruth Wrote: It works! My browser didn't crash! We're still here!

I didn't say I LAUGHED Toad, did I say I laughed? Laugh I did NOT.
I even Wetwacted my "enjoyed" to "found fascinating"...which I did.

I also find brain-commandeering parasites fascinating, and there's nothing particularly funny about those.

The last time I laughed in S7 was at Stuart's "Dating Face", and that's just my low-brow slapstick sensibilities emerging.

Why isn't there a gif of that dating face, dammit...

First one to bring me such a gif will get a SHINY GOLD COIN.
(this may be a lie)

No, you didn't. I'm simply saying, for me, my enjoyment (and yes I know you downgraded your "enjoyed") is tied in with how much, or if, I laugh at it. Crazy, I know.

Alas, I can't bring you the gif you requested. Will Willy Wonka suffice?

[Image: 2cj5tg.gif]
OH PLEASE...
How DARE you expect to laugh at a comedy! How DARE you! Your expectations are wholly unreasonable, Dr Truth (EMB)

Yes, that gif will more than suffice. I feel mollified now.
Gripe I wish you'd write for the show, you're clever piece make me laugh. Arrrgh, you can hear the mournful moans of Martha as yrs truly did not even crack a smile at Wil Wheaton and Bawwy, I do wuv those two guys and cherish the Siri days.....the writers are just into making the vast unwashed comfortable with our protagonists, so of course Barry must be self-aware and Wil kind and Sheldon just lunkhead, so we can all feel good as we lay back in our barcaloungers and eat our dodgy crisps. No more science or sharp wit to trouble the audience's pretty heads...
Sheldon: If outside is so good, why has mankind spent thousands of years trying to perfect inside?