Pop culture and Shenny
(01-16-2014, 12:43 AM)FranEssi Wrote: Many Shenny shippers have already noted the similarities between Penny/Sheldon and Elizabeth/Mr. Darcy. There is also the Beauty and the Beast interpretation of their characters and their relationship.
(Do these comparisons belong in this discussion? Or am I completely misunderstanding and missing the point of this thread? XD)

OH PLEASE...
The following 7 users Like Toad's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas, Gamma, Jislane35, queenoftheDales, muaaimoi, FranEssi, Jomi25
^ Can't watch it!! Angry

Quote:This video contains content from Zefr on behalf of Universal Pictures and Studio Canal, one or more of whom have blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.
Sorry about that.
Man darf nicht das, was uns unwahrscheinlich und unnatürlich erscheint, mit dem verwechseln, was absolut unmöglich ist. - Carl Friedrich Gauß
Shennoir

[Image: 2r74gmr.jpg]
OH PLEASE...
The following 10 users Like Toad's post:
  • Gamma, devilbk, queenoftheDales, Idle Miscreant, Jislane35, Tuesday Pajamas, muaaimoi, Nutz, CassandraElise, Wisp
"You know you don't have to act with me, Sheldon. You don't have to say anything, and you don't have to do anything. Not a thing. Oh, maybe just whistle. You know how to whistle, don't you, Sheldon? You just put your lips together and... blow."

"Do stop that infernal racket in an enclosed space, woman, or I'm putting you out of the car."
The following 9 users Like SpaceAnJL's post:
  • queenoftheDales, Idle Miscreant, Jislane35, Toad, Tuesday Pajamas, devilbk, Nutz, muaaimoi, Wisp
(02-20-2014, 04:48 PM)SpaceAnJL Wrote: "You know you don't have to act with me, Sheldon. You don't have to say anything, and you don't have to do anything. Not a thing. Oh, maybe just whistle. You know how to whistle, don't you, Sheldon? You just put your lips together and... blow."

"Do stop that infernal racket in an enclosed space, woman, or I'm putting you out of the car."

Bacall didn't have or need a gun.
The following 2 users Like devilbk's post:
  • Toad, Jislane35
I know, I know, but the whistling line was too good to waste.
The following 2 users Like SpaceAnJL's post:
  • devilbk, Jislane35
Yeah, I could totally see Penny as Rose (quit school for a man, has a fondness for pretty boys, and has a really compassionate heart) Sheldon as the Doctor is a no-brainer.

I would LOVE to see Penny dress as Rose and whisper "I want you safe, my Doctor" in his ear. I can also see her just screwing with him by doing the Doctor Dances scene.
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 5 users Like Nutz's post:
  • Jislane35, CassandraElise, queenoftheDales, muaaimoi, Gamma
[Image: 214804-mark-hamill-carrie-fisher-luke-le...de-vii.jpg] I can now only see TBBT, as Star Wars, reset in Pasadena. The Luke/Leia/Han relationship. In the Kurosawa original R2-D2 and 3-CPO, are two close friends who bicker all the time. [Image: bd9db18e7d9502160d0b8734b77a5a30_large.jpg] All I need now is a Chewbacca character!! Not even going to say her name!
The following 1 user Likes ricardo shillyshally's post:
  • Jislane35
(01-08-2014, 08:38 AM)cassiusmoriarty Wrote: Can we please talk about how many pop culture references there are in Big Bang theory and how it reflects back on our beloved characters as well?
I mean every time I think of Penny watching Doctor Who with Sheldon I imagine she relates a lot to Rose even though she probably wants to be an Amy Pond with her very own Rory and Doctor. Plus we all know Sheldon practically would be the Doctor if we're keeping up with this analogy. Or we could talk about Star Trek and the fact that Sheldon quite obviously would be a Spock incarnate. If we go down this road Penny is something like Kirk or Uhura depending on if we're talking about the original series or the reboot. Feel free to add and expand upon this please!

Every time I think of Sheldon and penny I think of the "Warm kitty soft kitty" lol. You know the shop has the soft kitty stuffed kitty? Its so cute!
The following 1 user Likes SheldonCooperFan's post:
  • Jislane35
(04-28-2014, 07:18 AM)SheldonCooperFan Wrote: Every time I think of Sheldon and penny I think of the "Warm kitty soft kitty" lol. You know the shop has the soft kitty stuffed kitty? Its so cute!

I think a lot of the TBBT merchandise is Sheldon/Shenny based with the Bazinga! and Soft Kitty stuff. I've even seen "knock knock knock, Penny" shirts too. Shenny sells.
The following 1 user Likes queenoftheDales's post:
  • Jislane35