0%
0 0%
3 Dirty Socks
0%
0 0%
Total 3 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

SPOILER WARNING: 9.03 The Bachelor Party Corrosion
The lads take Richard Feynman's van to Mexico for Leonard's (post-dated) Bachelor Party.
Similarly the "girls" give a party for Penny.

Full report in the Time Machine forum. Or here, when I can be arsed writing a more eloquent summary.

Here's Feynman's van that the lads will be skiving off to Mexico in. Wine

[Image: IMG_0019.jpg]
[Image: feybongo.jpg]

[Mini-Rant Unrelated To Episode But Pertinent To Show At Large]

We'll probably never grow tired of saying this around here, but it's so disappointing that they dropped Sheldon's overriding scientific devotion in favour of a ordinary romantic storyline.

Yes, they've broken them up, but now he's going to try to win her back, and then they'll reconcile, and the whole farrago continues.

Telling the story of a scientist and genius, and his efforts to unravel the mystery of the universe (whilst the puny human world with its ridiculous obsessions swirls around him) within a traditional sitcom format is highly unusual.
The boyfriend having to improve himself to fit the wishes of his girlfriend, and win her affections, is not only common, it's an insult to the original Sheldon, and to the concept that one can have a passion for one's work above and beyond all things.

Man pursing Truth in sitcom - Unique and honourable.
Man pursuing Woman in sitcom - Plebian.

Again, wouldn't have a problem if Sheldon was always written like this, but then again I wouldn't have watched the show to begin with, as the character wouldn't have interested me. It's that they started writing him one way, and having solidified his character, suddenly veered off in an almost opposite direction.

Then, salt into the wound, the romantic direction they chose for him was humiliating. It was infantile and unpassionate. He sulked, he was bored, she complained and manipulated. Now after one year he wants to propose, apparently. Why?

There's nothing less "fated" or passionate than being chosen for someone based on a computer algorithm (or as a plot device). Remember in Hitchhiker's there's the Nutrimatic Drinks Dispenser, which calculates exactly what your body requires, nutrient wise, and gives you that, rather than what you actually WANT. It tastes dreadful, but the Nutrimatic doesn't care. "Share and Enjoy", it chirps.

It's a choice made by the brain, not the heart. And even a bloody anti-romantic like myself knows that love doesn't work like that.

This is roughly how I feel about AFF being chosen for Sheldon simply because she was essentially identical to him, at first. That's how the dating program matched them up. (Although presumably it didn't ask her any questions about her feelings for absolutely every one of Sheldon's passions and hobbies. Ie, that they're "stupid" and "lame-o".)

Sheldon should not "love" with the same part of his nature that organises his breakfast cereal by fibre content.

But that's how he spoke in that Prom episode. Logical, dispassionate, wooden. The very fact that there's a Relationship Agreement, as there's a Roommate Agreement, puts it on the same plane as bathroom schedules.

I just don't think that Sheldon's heart would function that way, if he fell in love. I think rather that it would have been chaos from the get-go.

But they've gone with "baby steps" and tepidity for Sheldon with AFF (rather than say, combat and chaos with Penny), and that's their prerogative, but like Withnail going to the countryside, I think it was a dreadful mistake.

[Image: tumblr_inline_n0u8r7J9LT1rguqg1.gif]
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 5 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Gamma, Nutz, Kimk26, Toad, Berliner
[Image: Feynman_and_Sheldon_playing_the_bongos.png]
The following 1 user Likes Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Nutz
[Image: 4478310725_477c93fc23.jpg]
[Image: richard-feynman.jpg]

Feynman's splendid mad head.

Here's another delightful philosophical bastard, with a musical bent.

[Image: BzpIbcQIUAAFm71.jpg]

"If a lion could speak, we could not understand what he said."

Wine
  • Gamma
Ah, the 'beery swine' himself. The juxtaposition of severe expression and banjo(?) pleases me greatly.

So many of Sheldon's initial hobbies echoed Feynman - except the whole hanging out in topless bars bit, maybe that's next. Either that, or dropping acid in the desert.

Edit: considering the real life behaviours of some of the genius folk in history, there's so much weird the show could cover. with Howard at the JPL, the whole Jack Parsons and the Suicide Squad cried out for acknowledgement. There have been oblique nods to Nash, Tesla, Dirac, Feynman, but the genuine weirdness overshadows the scripts by orders of magnitude. So why, with these for inspiration have we ended up with scripts about licking fucking toy trains?
The following 3 users Like SpaceAnJL's post:
  • Gamma, Idle Miscreant, Kimk26
In an alternate universe Wittgenstein and Feynman form a band. And no one tells them they can't or that it's a dumb idea.
OH PLEASE...
The following 4 users Like Toad's post:
  • Gamma, Idle Miscreant, Kimk26, Berliner
I'm a big fan of music as played by Tesla coil. I can imagine Sheldon playing the Imperial March on one quite happily.
The following 2 users Like SpaceAnJL's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, Kimk26
[Image: 107000_D1122b.jpg]

That looks like the end of a fanfic I once read...

The rest are here;
http://www.seat42f.com/the-big-bang-theory-season-9-episode-3-photos-the-bachelor-party-corrosion.html/9

6 pictures of girls night, 4 pictures of the lads and Feynman's van, and one of the lads in 4A. And this one, obviously.
  • Kimk26

OH PLEASE...
Glad to see that they finally think enough time has gone by for Penny to take down that her hair out of that mini bun/ponytail that they were using to show "no time" had gone by during the summer.

As for the episode, I really hope the guys scenes are good, cause the girls scenes look really bad. Amy wants makeover and after spending hours on it ..... TA Da! She looks exactly the same, but with lipgloss. What originality. What a comedy bonanza. Can you feel the jokes?
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
Poll is up if anyone who's watched wants to pop by and vote.