Poll: Vote for this episode (guests can vote too)
3 Penny Blossoms
2 Penny Blossoms
1 Penny Blossom
The Neutral Zone
1 Dirty Sock
2 Dirty Socks
3 Dirty Socks
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
1.12 The Jerusalem Duality
MONTHLY VINTAGE EPISODE - SEPT 2015

1.12 The Jerusalem Duality
Originally aired April 14, 2008
Written by Jennifer Glickman & Stephen Engel

"Dennis Kim, a child prodigy, is looking around theuniversity and seems to have outstripped Sheldon in every way. Sheldon decides to give up his own work and focus on other tasks. It annoys the guys so much that they try to distract Dennis in order to get Sheldon back to normal."

[Image: The-Big-Bang-Theory-Season-1-Episode-12-1-f90a.jpg]

[Image: 800px-TheBigBangTheoryS2E4-127.jpg]

[Image: Jer10.jpg]

Major Gripe's thoughts on the subject:
http://www.thebigbangtheoryhq.com/#!the-...lity/c18jb
A sad foreshadowing of the future in which a brilliant prodigy turns into a lovesick buffoon when saddled with a girlfriend. Huh
The following 5 users Like FlyingMonkey's post:
  • Toad, Berliner, Idle Miscreant, Nutz, Jenger
In a lot of ways, I feel like this episode was rather disturbing. First, the idea that they had to sabotage Dennis Kim rather than allow him to do great work, while also helping Sheldon to do well in another area, and allow Sheldon to find something else. They could have helped Sheldon, instead of mocking him, that disappointed me.

I also hated that they made it seem like Dennis was better off without science. That all effort to do great things, and he's supposedly better drinking and making out with some girl? Disturbing.

On the other hand, I did like Sheldon learning about sometimes overstepping his boundries. It was cute, how all he wanted to do was find a new passion.

Also, foreshadowing to Sheldon's dead end in his career.