0%
0 0%
3 Penny Blossoms
0%
0 0%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

SPOILER WARNING: 9.01 The Matrimonial Momentum
Steve Moralo has revealed everything that happens between Leonard and Penny in this first episode. Including the outcome. He tells us how we should view these developments. Why Leonard is talking to Mandy... which I'm sorry, still makes no sense whatsover. "Put this fire out" What fire? There was a fire between them? Or does this mean his way of dealing with Penny being upset is to yet again, involve this other girl? If its nothing, then treat it like nothing. How on earth is Leonard supposed to be atttractive... can someone please explain. Rolleyes

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/insi...d=33660346

He's also saying Sheldon is their little brother/child.

While Moralo is showrunner there really is nothing new to report. Fortunately we have the Prady years to enjoy. Heart
The following 3 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Kimk26, Idle Miscreant, Ratman77
I don't know, maybe if Molaro and Co spent as much time on scripts and actual character development as they do on "selling" the dam show it would be a product that would speak for itself.  And the disconnect.  The whole Penny having to reevaluate Leonard in light of the kiss.  This is totally Leonard's character as shown throughout the seasons, Alice being the most glaring example.  Molaro is just so predictable and pedestrian. Morlock
Oh wow, oh wow, what an adventure.
The following 4 users Like Gamma's post:
  • CassandraElise, Kimk26, Toad, Ratman77
He's also a liar (Molaro). But we knew this.

Him coming right out and saying Sheldon is like their little brother/child..but then immediately, in the next episode (following right after the one discussed in this interview) they're going to have Sheldon and Penny kissing passionately. WTH. This is exactly the shit that bothers me about this guy. Either he's an idiot, or he believes the audience is. This, from a show that had gone out of it's way not to insult the intelligence of it's viewers. In the beginning, that is.

Geez, stop jerking us all around/yanking the chain..
"The mark of mediocrity is to look for precedent."   Norman Mailer
The following 6 users Like Kimk26's post:
  • Toad, devilbk, Gamma, FlyingSolo, Nutz, Ratman77
According to the other forums there is a secret tag to this episode as yet unscene by anyone. Some are suggesting this will be something about the ring. Sad But there is nothing out in the public domain to confirm this. So it could be anything.
Ok, so I'm still pissed about the Molaro interview. All of them, in fact.

https://youtu.be/C6PNc9KN50MM

"The mark of mediocrity is to look for precedent."   Norman Mailer
I also do not understand it.
At first this brother / sister - chatter , then this kissing scene. Huh Huh Huh
It is the same "logic" like the "love-experiment."
"Another thing I forgot to mention: during the shenny kiss, the audience went nuts. People were screaming, cheering and applauding."
Wine

That, and the fact that Jim and Kaley were in such a good mood about it, suggests that nobody (save for a tiny sliver of shippers with a vested interest in keeping Sheldon and Penny as far apart as possible) buys that "sibling" malarkey. So I really don't see the point of this interview bringing it up. They stressed the friendship angle for eight years (and the entirety of OUR show, Seasons 1-4), they can't retcon that now. Particularly, as has been said above, if they're simultaneously using a Shenny makeout scene to draw in the punters and/or for their own interest. It's a complete contradiction.

Penny and Sheldon are close friends. With a strong undercurrent of "something" going on, which some folk read as potentially romantic, and others as simply the odd fascination polar opposites have for each other. And indeed, other folk read as a sibling relationship.

Although I might add that Sheldon and Penny do and say a variety of things that would only be considered genuinely sibling-like if this were the film Deliverance...

When you think about it, at heart, a sibling relationship also implies jousting and banter and insults and pranks, underscored, presumably, with care and affection. Which is lovely. And which is, more pertinently, a description of a considerable number of classic romantic pairings.

However "sibling-like" a relationship is, it will always have the possibility of romance, because -  note, this is important - they are not LITERALLY siblings. There is no "taboo", there is no innate biological rebellion against procreating within your own tribe, there is no aversion based on childhood memories of growing up together.

A "sibling relationship" without the literal sibling part is just the jousting, pranks and affection that remains. And that can certainly become romantic.

So there's no need to separate Sheldon and Penny, or chaperone them, and label them "safely" as siblings, unless they're genuinely a threat to the canon couples. And a romantic relationship that is threatened by a friendship is one that's on the rocks already...

In which case the canon couples are already shipwrecked.

(I also miss the years of Prady and vigilant Lorre. Whatever will persuade them to return...*sigh*)
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 2 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Nutz, CassandraElise
I wonder if this party was when Leonard made out with Mandy. Before or after, Penny and Sheldon called him because they were missing him. He was away four months! Its not that long really, if it were a year, it starts to become more understandable to start looking elsewhere but Leonard is what Amy would call "a flight risk".

Why doesn't Penny's prim and slightly judgemental friend Bernadette have concerns? And why isn't Amy giving her the statistics on infidelity? Because they gloss over who Leonard really is. Most guys wouldn't kiss another girl on a four month trip away when they are supposed to be dating the love of their life, they just woudn't. But Leonard did the same thing when he was dating Priya. I don't hate Leonard like some fans, but I just don't see him as the romantic lead who wins Penny's heart. He just doesn't have the moral standing his fans would like him too, and I think this does bother some Lenny fans but its always been an undercurrent in his character. 

[Image: leonard-pary.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Gamma
Er...Some VERY loud wooing at Shenny kissy-business. Wine 

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/645...AFV-S2.mp4

Gee, that WHOLE AUDIENCE must be "delusional"...

Sarcasm 

The loveliest audience response of all has to be from Adhesive Duck. Just LISTEN to the fuckers at the end.

Good grief that was a brilliant episode... Blossom
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 2 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Del Fino, Trust No One
This is why I always say the audience blew the roof off the place.