SPOILER WARNING: What fresh hell is this? - S9
(08-04-2015, 12:03 AM)devilbk Wrote: Penny does have an awful habit of rewarding Leonard's bad behavior.

But Leonard's a great guy, she just needs to be understanding when he makes an error in judgement and to try harder to prove she loves him. Face it, if he did cheat it's her own fault for stringing him along for years. Leonard's a prime specimen of man, just how long is he supposed to wait for her to get her drunken, loser act together? She really needs to shut up and be grateful that he's willing to marry her in the first place. Sarcasm
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 1 user Likes Nutz's post:
  • devilbk
Prady tweeted the cover today.

https://twitter.com/billprady/status/628977178089132032
I Don't understand these script cover tweets. I would either cover up the last word of the episode title, or cover up everything but the last word of the episode title. Think of the discussions people would have trying to figure out the rest of the episode name and what it means.
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
TPTB should spend more time in getting the story right then playing games with the title. Then again, I might want to hide the title with how lousy this show has been.
It's probably either Marital or Marriage something... Which when you consider all the great science titles of the early years would be really very sad. How can they even start to make this show interesting again?
(08-06-2015, 03:29 AM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: It's probably either Marital or Marriage something... Which when you consider all the great science titles of the early years would be really very sad. How can they even start to make this show interesting again?

There is no hope as long as these couples remain TP. Just nothing interesting can come from it. If TPTB are so hung up on couples they should put Shenny and Lamy together at least for a whole season.
You would think that after TaaHM and Mom, TPTB would have no fear to shake (or even tip) the boat if needed, but the truth is they don't even have the balls the creators of Friends had. Everyone knew from day 1 Rachel & Ross were end game, yet they still had the guts to say, "this has gotten boring, let's have Rachel and Joey hook up for awhile"

It's just to bad BBT creators don't have the same guts to just go for it and see what happens. Although I guess to be fair, TPTB of Friends probably weren't worried about The Roschels going postal and killing them.

I wonder if they realize, they've become the Fowlings bitch? "Now you better write a scene with momma getting some sugar from her sexy toddler soon, or you'll get your nose shoved in shit again"
The following 1 user Likes Nutz's post:
  • Trust No One
(08-06-2015, 06:35 AM)Nutz Wrote: You would think that after TaaHM and Mom, TPTB would have no fear to shake (or even tip) the boat if needed, but the truth is they don't even have the balls the creators of Friends had. Everyone knew from day 1 Rachel & Ross were end game, yet they still had the guts to say, "this has gotten boring, let's have Rachel and Joey hook up for awhile"

It's just to bad BBT creators don't have the same guts to just go for it and see what happens. Although I guess to be fair, TPTB of Friends probably weren't worried about The Roschels going postal and killing them.

I wonder if they realize, they've become the Fowlings bitch? "Now you better write a scene with momma getting some sugar from her sexy toddler soon, or you'll get your nose shoved in shit again"

I like to think TPTB of Friends were adults and they would have told the Roschels to pipe down we are trying something different. I was a Ross/Rachel fan and I loved how the Ship was handled and especially the Rachel/Joey Ship. It was gusty and trying something fresh and was everything about how a Sitcom and show should be run.
[Image: 670.jpg]

If you made it all green with a sliver of yellow you'd get a fairly accurate representation of the last 3 years, in terms of what TBBT is GIVING the audience. The problem is the original audience still wants the first pie.
Confused

NOBODY ASKED FOR FOUR COUPLES! Nobody wanted a random, unbelievable, "kooky girlfriend" for Sheldon. When is it EVER a good idea to give your lead, cynical, break-out character a "kooky girlfriend"?

Blackadder goes on "date night".
Withnail builds a blanky fort and proposes.
Sherlock gets married.
Bernard Black opens a tea-shop with his kooky girlfriend.

STOP IT.

I can feel every fibre of my being cringe.

The slow, relentless normalisation of Sheldon by his own creators is one of the most depressing things I've ever witnessed in art.
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 2 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Nutz, FlyingMonkey
Notice that Sci-Fi and Comic Book references/Science Jokes are about the same size and even by themselves are still bigger than Romantic storyline