SPOILER WARNING: What fresh hell is this? - S9
'Blows goats'? - another Victoria Routledge fan?

This isn't even good fan fiction, it's the laziest, soapiest version. Unless Leonard gets dragged off into the desert by mobsters and double-tapped for card counting, I really don't care. Interchangeable puppets in a crapsack world. Bleh.
Never heard of her, Space. 'Blows goats' is an expression used in Northern Ontario when things really suck. When I went to Toronto for my schooling a wunderkind in my class got a kick out of my 'accent' with all the goofy sayings and phrases. Tongue
Let's go exploring!
It's a phrase she used in a couple of her books, is all. Entirely possible she picked it up from your part of the world Smile
The following 1 user Likes SpaceAnJL's post:
  • wellplayedpenny
Interview with Molaro.
(Please give me hope for Sheldon and Amy on The Big Bang Theory! — Arlene) I can’t give you hope just yet because Amy truly is determined to stick to her guns. “Right now, she really wants to take a step back and think about where she is, where they are and how she wants to move forward in her life,” EP Steve Molaro says. “I don’t think she’s necessarily in a rush to find another man, but I don’t think she’s ruling it out either.”
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/07/30/spo...489842f81f

If Amy finds a new bloke it will SAVE the show. Sheldon will be free to be Sheldon, the independent and eccentric alien of old and the focus of the show, and Amy can reboot to her S5 version, being a rather sassy oddball, rather than the miserable, needy, complaining, desperate, self pitying, put-upon-woman she’s been for the past 3 years. She can either become a sort of dauntless Casanova type, for humour, or hook up with Raj if they want more bloody romance. They’re perfectly suited to one another. He wants to be chivalric, romantic etc. She wants to be treated like a princess. The actors also have “chemistry”, unlike MB and Parsons.
Parsons also has chemistry with Kunal, incidentally. Kunal you suave bastard. Wine

The whimsical alien/protocol droid Sheldon disappeared in Season 5, and that is unfortunate, and personally I think a poor artistic decision as the whimsical, infuriating alien was the break-out character, not romcom Sheldon 2.0. The current Sheldon can’t hold a candle to the original creation. As far as I’m concerned they’re two separate entities.
NOW they have a chance to return to their glorious creation! If they BREAK UP SHELDON AND AMY. Please. For the love of god.

The problem with the relationship Sheldon's currently in is that one of the members wants sentiment, open affection, traditional romance, date nights, valentines etc. None of which are compatible or of interest to Sheldon, who considers such things farcical and pointless. And we delighted in his opinion. It made him different from all the other berks on television and in films for whom romance/sex is the be all and end all of existence. But instead of choosing a different type of relationship for him (or GOD FORBID NONE AT ALL), more suited to his character, they changed HIM to fit the relationship they wanted.

Sheldon is a passionate, combative, alpha-type soul, he needs a passionate, combative relationship with another alpha-type. A polar opposite to keep him alert, and balance out his personality. Fire and ice. Intuition vs Logic. Chaos and Order. (Penny and bloody Sheldon obviously)
Instead they put him in an infantilised, gooey, unbalanced and manipulative relationship, where one member doesn’t even understand what’s going on half the time, which makes it somewhat disturbing to watch. The INTENTION may have been honourable, but the result isn't.

If you’re going to sexualise Sheldon, you can’t infantilise him at the same time. Ickle-wickle Shelly with Meemaw’s cookies, buying turtles, building his blanky fort, being bribed with toys, chasing balloons etc cannot suddenly segue into romance and sexuality, particularly with a sartorially old-nannyish woman who encourages all this toddleresque gumph. It’s creepy, man.

If Sheldon has to be sexualised in any way it has to kick off from THIS Sheldon, not Soft Kitty Sheldon;
[Image: 2h4iykn.jpg]

Penny is the only character that could deal with Sheldon romantically in a way that wouldn’t change his character in an artistically destructive fashion. He’s barely recognisable at the moment. Sheldon is NOT compatible with sappiness and simpering sentiment. Penny doesn’t want sentiment and traditional romance either. (Sorry Leonard mate)

Likewise, Amy coercing Sheldon into everything, desperate for a scrap of affection is TERRIBLE to watch and very degrading for her character. She was grand when she was “on the make” in S5 or in S4 when she didn’t give a damn about being normal. But that was changed pretty damn fast. What happened to the relationship of the mind eh?

No, they’ve changed Sheldon so drastically to fit in with the gooey, individual identityless blob of “Shamy” that as he stands now it’s unfeasible and completely inappropriate to romanticise him at all.

In S1-3 he had 6 characters (7 if you count Penny in the pilot) interested in him romantically (Lalita, Martha, Ramona, Grad Student, Handsome bloke in cafeteria, Beverley). In the following 5 years he’s had NONE. Just Amy. Who needs Penny to hog-tie and castrate when you’ve got television executives’ concept of romance? Otherwise known as “Shamy”.

Break them up. Break them up immediately. Keep them apart. Save your show, sirs! Save Sheldon!

MorlockWine
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 7 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • devilbk, Toad, Nutz, Tuesday Pajamas, Gamma, FlyingMonkey, FlyingSolo
I have a prediction for 9.01.
There's a minister and a security guard already written in. Presence of security guard suggests chaos of some description. In lieu of Penny attacking Leonard (unlikely), I suggest Sheldon hops a plane and gate-crashes the wedding.

I bloody hope so.

Speaking of The Graduate...

[Image: 54ca9456b8f23e3a0313f0b7_image.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Nutz
I don't know Gripe, that would mean Sheldon had to Book a bus/train/plane, call a cab, ride in a cab, get through security at bus/train station or airport and then, maybe get on the bus/train/plane. Seems a little much for a guy who can't cross the street anymore without his Nanny holding his hand.

Personally, I would like to see Penny go Jr. Rodeo on Leonard's ass.
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 1 user Likes Nutz's post:
  • Idle Miscreant
Latest spoiler:

Any intel on whether Penny and Leonard will actually tie the knot on The Big Bang Theory?

They’ll certainly get close to tying the knot. The CBS smash is currently looking for a male actor in his 50s to play a minister in the Season 9 premiere, which confirms that P&L are still in full-tilt Vegas elopement mode when the action picks up. That syncs with this scoop I snagged from EP Steve Molaro at Comic-Con: “We pick up a few hours after the Season 8 finale,” he revealed. “Leonard and Penny were headed to Vegas, and we’re going to catch up with them right there.”

Huh

Of course this marriage probably won't go ahead, just yet. No idea why they even want it too. *sigh*
Planets all aligning with my prediction. Prepare the flower garlands for Gripe.
The following 1 user Likes Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas
(08-03-2015, 07:14 PM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: Latest spoiler:

Any intel on whether Penny and Leonard will actually tie the knot on The Big Bang Theory?

They’ll certainly get close to tying the knot. The CBS smash is currently looking for a male actor in his 50s to play a minister in the Season 9 premiere, which confirms that P&L are still in full-tilt Vegas elopement mode when the action picks up. That syncs with this scoop I snagged from EP Steve Molaro at Comic-Con: “We pick up a few hours after the Season 8 finale,” he revealed. “Leonard and Penny were headed to Vegas, and we’re going to catch up with them right there.”

Huh

Of course this marriage probably won't go ahead, just yet. No idea why they even want it too. *sigh*

Penny just going to Vegas after finding out Leonard cheated is an epic fail no matter what happens. The Penny character has a ton of work just to get back to being respectable.
The following 1 user Likes Trust No One's post:
  • queenoftheDales
Penny does have an awful habit of rewarding Leonard's bad behavior.