SPOILER WARNING: What fresh hell is this? - S9
(04-27-2016, 04:08 AM)Nutz Wrote: I agree, TPTB do Seem to like the "someone's leaving" cliffhanger, but I don't think they'll do it this time since whoever leaves will have to come back with only a little time passing (a week or two) unless they want to start season 10 With Bernadette giving birth and I can't see Molero wanting to give up all the shrieking food cravings, horny hormones and other pregnancy "jokes" that I'm sure he thinks are funny.  

Plus having someone leave only works as a cliffhanger if the audience cares if the character comes back or not. Which leaves out Raj, Emily or Claire and Having Howard be the one to bail would bring up being just like his father and abandoning his child (might be a little dark for these writers)

P.S. Raj showing up with Claire and Penny inviting Emily does seem to be in the writers "borrowed" from another sitcom wheelhouse.

I did say crazy, it was not a real prediction. I'm not sure I actually want to guess correctly because the finale will probably be something like....

The Happy Families Catatonia

Leonard's father and Beverley clash but somehow (??) Leonard and Penny make them reconcile and everyone gushes about how great they are for each other. Prompting Sheldon to propose to Amy and Mary to squeeee with delight.

Raj will be put in his place for dating two girls but it will turn out neither of them were serious about him anyway.

No cliffhanger and of course someone important (Mary Cooper?) will point out Sheldon and Penny's 'brother-sister' like connection.

Canons - Awwwwwww.
Us - Argghhhhhhh.
The following 1 user Likes Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Kimk26
(04-27-2016, 05:05 AM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: I did say crazy, it was not a real prediction. I'm not sure I actually want to guess correctly because the finale will probably be something like....

The Happy Families Catatonia

Leonard's father and Beverley clash but somehow (??) Leonard and Penny make them reconcile and everyone gushes about how great they are for each other. Prompting Sheldon to propose to Amy and Mary to squeeee with delight.

Raj will be put in his place for dating two girls but it will turn out neither of them were serious about him anyway.

No cliffhanger and of course someone important (Mary Cooper?) will point out Sheldon and Penny's 'brother-sister' like connection.

Canons - Awwwwwww.
Us - Argghhhhhhh.
Unfortunately  I can see this being right  Puke
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 1 user Likes Nutz's post:
  • Kimk26
My wish is for Mary to finally knock Sheldon and Penny's heads together like she should have done when the three were in the laundry room. Have to think like others mentioned that there will be some sort of trouble with the Lenny and it might be Leonard who backs out first.
The taping of the Season 9 finale begins (courstey of alex ayers on twitter).

[Image: Screen%20Shot%202016-04-27%20at%2012.27....zczpqb.png]
OMG!!!!!!!!!

The season finale "Leonard and Penny have a redo wedding that was off-camera, but then followed by a reception at a restaurant.  At the restaurant Mary and Leonard's father begin to flirt with each other, which annoys Beverly to no end, and Mary and Leonard's father up going to a hotel room together."

I CALLED IT. My god the show is so lame and predictable. I knew Mary Cooper and Leonard's father would flirt and make Beverley angry.

My prediction... close enough. Big Grin Big Grin and sucky and lame Morlock Morlock

9.24 The Relative Combination

Penny invites Leonard’s parents over for their first year anniversary and everything goes wrong when Leonard’s father turns up with Mary Cooper as his date.
The following 4 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Kimk26, Ratman77, FlyingSolo, Satnight815
Well that was... I would say anticlimactic, but since there was nothing exciting in this season finale to begin with I guess the best I can say is it was boring, safe and will be completely forgotten as an episode after 30 minutes.

What a complete waste of talent
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 6 users Like Nutz's post:
  • Trust No One, Kimk26, Gamma, Ratman77, FlyingSolo, Satnight815
In my language there is an expression.

"Schema F". (Scheme F).

It is in use when something (in general) is done in routine, stereotyped, bureaucratic. Sock Sock Sock
And exactly in this way sounds the treatment of this episode.

Nothing special. Nothing which is kind of outstanding. Unexciting and predictable. It seems like a standart-episode, which also could have played  in the middle of this listless season. Morlock Morlock Morlock

(Unless, there is something in the background that the producers have not betrayed. But -honestly- I don't believe it.)

"Sucky and lame" and "waste of talent" is more than right. Idea Idea Idea
The following 3 users Like Ratman77's post:
  • Kimk26, wellplayedpenny, FlyingSolo
Season nine finale is barely cold and there's already speculation about Season 10.

http://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/...?a=viewall
Instinctively I had to think back to the "Batman-"movies at this point.

The two first ones from Tim Burton, "Batman" and "Batman returns", were extraordinary with a portrait of the character which had never been seen in the cinema before.  Then came the takeover by Joel Schumacher and it appeared "Batman forever" and "Batman & Robin."Especially the second of this two second ones was a deadly thing.

Mister Schumacher wanted give the fans the movie which, in his opinion , they always wanted to see. But......as a model for this he took the TV-series from the sixties with Adam West and Burt Ward. For itself with its parodistic concept, the show was okay. But that concept was not to transfer into the cinema- francise which was buildet on a broken and dark character.....And so the dark character became a silly guy with more clonwesque attitudes than the Joker. It was the same character in name but with no similarity with the "vintage" Idea  one.

So, the first three seasons of "TBBT" were the "Batman" and Batman returns" of the show. Originally and perfect.

And now there is this line from Mister Molaro:

“Ultimately that growth is exciting and good for the health of the show.” Huh

I had always tried to hold some respect for him, but........

"Something like this never happens again to me."

That is what Mister Schumacher said after the great flop of "Batman & Robin." Yes, he recognized his mistake to change the proven concept. But Mister Molaro really seems to believe to have done the right for the "TBBT".
While the problems about that a nerdy comedy is not compatible to the topic of a relationship-opera  are still evident.

At "tv-serienjunkies"-a german webside which deals with series- a review of the ninth season is posted.
I try to translate:

The producers of " The Big Bang Theory " have really pulled all the stops  in the ninth season to continues to captivate the audience  :
There were invited  exciting guest stars as June Squibb , Adam West and Elon Musk nerdy substances such as " Star Wars " , Suicide Squad and "game of Thrones " theme and celebrates important events such as Sheldons defloration , Bernadette's pregnancy and the marriage of Leonard and Penny . But that all worked ? Not really.
Worn-jokes, uninspired stories and utter lack of planning with regard to the parent character development: Has long since" The Big Bang Theory "  lost what had once distinguished it , namely the love to nerds and the joy of Science .What remains is a mediocre sitcom about interpersonal relationships , which unfortunately all too rarely reaches the level of an episode like -The Convergence Convergence- .
In addition to the eighth , the ninth season is probably the weakest of the entire series . This trend of course makes no many optimism regarding Season 10. And who knows, maybe " The Big Bang Theory " and even stay longer on the air. Meanwhile, the loss of quality however, seems to impact on the quotes.So CBS posted for the episode -The Line Substitution- one of the weakest levels for a long time , but ended up thus still well above the average of its competitors . Nevertheless, the producers of the series should make a few changes- maybe just to allow " The Big Bang Theory " aging halfway dignified. The season finale has at least shown that they actually still can .
Finally, I want to thank the hard-working commentators who have made with their interesting contributions under the Reviews for alternative perspectives . Hopefully you will read again in the autum !*

(*The most of the commentators-like me- do not like the pair-constellations of the show.)

When a webside which is usually standing "pro" for the constellations of the series post a review like this, then it is an important sign.
Let us hope that this line of Mister Molaro will be not his last one regarding the concept of the show and that he will note this reviewers and critics.
That he will make it like Christopher Nolan with "Batman begins". To bring the francise back to the roots and give it back its dignity. Because the show could only win with it......(and- of course-because that these two characters- which this side dedicated is- can finally find together.They are predestined). Wink Heart

By the way-regarding "The Convergence Convergence"

In this ninth season Sheldon had the coitus. What happened after that in the group? Nothing special, right? Accepted..... and until next week.

Imagine the reactions if Sheldon would have had the coitus in the third or second season. The whole clique had sitting there with great eyes and open mouths. Shock And now? Nothing.

And if Alfred and Mary, two relative normal people, are showing interest for each other ,THIS is then regarded as "strange"?  Or "worrying"? Huh

In direct comparison, again no hour of honor for the writers.
The following 5 users Like Ratman77's post:
  • FlyingMonkey, Nutz, Idle Miscreant, lilyben3, Kimk26
Now that the show has paired off ALL the main characters it looks set to start pairing off the incidental ones. It really is strange how Big Bang can not write any normal single people. Even unattached parents will now be ATTACHED. No one cares whether Leonard and Sheldon are then techically brothers as long as there are only couples on the show.

http://christiantimes.com/article/the-bi.../56014.htm

Still the best scene of the season.

The following 4 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Toad, Nutz, Gamma, chaotic temptation