SPOILER WARNING: What fresh hell is this? - S9
(07-07-2015, 11:31 PM)Toad Wrote: I might actually rouse myself to victoriously HAH!! if this "piffle" ever came to pass. Because it would have the stink of desperation all over it and would prove that TPTB have little to no faith in their One True Pairs.

A laughably improbable contrivance like that, pulled out of some collective asses just to essentially re-write the Sheldon and Penny dynamic and "lock in" the legitimacy of the current ickiness, would be rich indeed.

Always appreciate a good Toad rant. Big Grin

It really would be such an obvious move. The writers tried to de-rail Shenny hearts with the 'Intimacy" episode but all they did is produce some of the most honest dialogue of the entire season and we started to see casual viewers notice now exciting these two actors are together. Blossom
I'm still vaguely of the belief that that might have been an honest and well-meaning (if clumsy) attempt to soothe fans of the Sheldon & Penny persuasion. I seem to have fallen into a Victorian novel.
Hang on.

Right. I mean, they must be aware of what an impoverished season it has been for that particular character pairing. And they wrote Adhesive Duck, and Vegas, and all the marvelous Shenny-filled first three years. They're obviously terribly fond of that character combination.

It was just an absolute fucknugget of a time to be a Sheldon/Penny fan, because of all the aggressive nonsense that episode engendered amongst a handful of S/A, L/P folk. They're still talking about it. Why, I don't know.

Anyroad, they chose to focus exclusively on the S/A and L/P romantic pairings now, to the detriment of the S/P friendship, and Season 8 has been universally pilloried. The ratings have fallen, and the proles are griping in the close.

close /ˈkloʊs/ ~ a Scots term for alleyway.
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 1 user Likes Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas
Every day there's another news article from another website, circulating the same unsubstantiated story about Penny being related to another character. The writers have said nothing yet, but Comic Con is tomorrow so we might get some real spoilers.
Not judging by the questions I suspect they'll be asked. They're brilliant comedy writers (I'm convinced the terrible direction the show has been pushed in is not their fault. I envision a sensitive and weary jester trying to amuse an uncouth and barbaric king. Either the current audience or someone higher up at Warner Brothers) and they're about to be asked a series of tittery "Was it an engagement ring or just a promise ring?" "When is Sheldon finally going to give Amy what SHE DESERVES?" "When are they all going to have loads and loads of babies?" folderol.

If anyone asks them a question about Sheldon's quest to unravel the mysteries of the universe and tear the mask off nature and stare at the face of god and where that quest has gone, precisely, or about comedic narrative structure, or indeed anything that DOESN'T relate to something kissy-wissy, I'll eat my hat.

Incidentally, the TBBT polls at our fellow site are fascinating. If I were one of the head honchos of TBBT/CBS, I might be inclined to draw some conclusions from them.

Which character do you most relate to?
Leonard (22,054 votes /31.1%)
Sheldon (20,125 votes /28.4%)
Penny (11,745 votes /16.6%)
Raj (5,859 votes /8.3%)
Bernadette (4,048 votes /5.7%)
Howard (3,503 votes /4.9%)
Amy (3,498 votes /4.9%)

Idea Maybe we should stop writing the show around Amy?

Who is your favorite character?
Sheldon (26,869 votes /50.1%)
Penny (9,398 votes /17.5%)
Leonard (7,421 votes /13.8%)
Raj (2,838 votes /5.3%)
Amy (2,557 votes /4.8%)
Howard (2,535 votes /4.7%)
Bernadette (1,347 votes /2.5%)
Stuart (635 votes /1.2%)

Idea Maybe we should have some more scenes between the two most popular characters?

Personally I've always wanted a Best Comedy Duo option.
Sheldon & Penny would kick seven types of shite out of that.
Followed by Howard/Raj, then Sheldon/Leonard.

Amy is one of the least popular characters, and the one that the least amount of folk identify with, apparently. So why is the show being sculpted around her and her relentless, self-serving pursuit of Sheldon? And why is Sheldon being broken to fit her "vision" of him? Why must HE change? Who the HELL is she by god! Why sacrifice your greatest and most popular character to suit the whims of a tertiary character?

I presume no-one's going to ask that at Comic-Con...
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 2 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Toad, Gamma
Very little revealed by the writers at this years Comic Con.

As predicted, they are going to focus on Amy, her family making an appearance.

The ring situation and quite possibly any angst between her and Sheldon will be dealt with in the premier. As always, they resolve cliff hangers far too quickly.

Nothing about Leonard and Penny.

I don't think they have even thought about it much yet. They won't be any surprises though.

TBH I don't think Comic Con panels have ever revealed any reliable spoilers. This is because they are held before the writers start work again. Which isn't for another three weeks I think.
Correction: Amy's uncle may feature, not parents. But who knows.

Interestingly, they are doing something with a Ghostbusters link. I really hope they take a look at the crossover I wrote last October. *evil Shenny cackle* HeartHeartHeart

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10757289/1/...-crossover

I think it's rather sad that they are actually reading FF now, although I wish they'd taken notice of how important Shenny is to this fandom and the vast catalog of FF proves it. And even after five years of Shamy canon, Shenny's FF is rated higher.

Really looking forward to Nutz's completed collection. Go girl!
The following 1 user Likes Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Nutz
If they're actually trolling fanfic and they've admitted it publicly, then I predict there will be litigation at some point. And I won't be bought off with an autographed cardigan.

I've now read a few articles on yesterday's SDCC panel. From them I feel safe concluding that nothing has been written save a few questions they'd like to answer in the premiere. Also they intend to do something Ghostnusters-related but as yet they have no idea what. Additionally, Bill Murray's brother has more "juice" than Chuck Lorre. So, anyone chattering about what was revealed and what's going to be revealed is, and in this case the word is quite apropos, deluded. One other thing. They truly have no idea what they're going to do with Leonard and Penny.
(07-11-2015, 11:50 PM)devilbk Wrote: If they're actually trolling fanfic and they've admitted it publicly, then I predict there will be litigation at some point. And I won't be bought off with an autographed cardigan.

I've now read a few articles on yesterday's SDCC panel. From them I feel safe concluding that nothing has been written save a few questions they'd like to answer in the premiere. Also they intend to do something Ghostnusters-related but as yet they have no idea what. Additionally, Bill Murray's brother has more "juice" than Chuck Lorre. So, anyone chattering about what was revealed and what's going to be revealed is, and in this case the word is quite apropos, deluded. One other thing. They truly have no idea what they're going to do with Leonard and Penny.

Didn't they already do something Ghostbuster related this season? I believe it was in the disaster of an episode where the boys want to get their science on and end up looking at penis shaped cities and the girls went Vegas..... maybe they're getting a kickback from the movie to make another Ghostbuster episode.... oh, it's a Ghostbuster themed double Wedding Puke
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
Maybe Ghostbusters could actually rid us of Amy. I knew there was something not quite right about her. She's a ghost!
(07-12-2015, 10:50 AM)devilbk Wrote: Maybe Ghostbusters could actually rid us of Amy. I knew there was something not quite right about her. She's a ghost!

That would tie in nicely with PJ's story:
The Focus Magnification
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons