50.00%
1 50.00%
3 Dirty Socks
50.00%
1 50.00%
Total 2 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

8.23 The Maternal Combustion
(04-29-2015, 01:14 PM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: "Bernadette wants more help around their new home from Howard and Stuart. "

If Bernadette supposedly has so much freaking money and isn't the home-maker type and is so busy with her oh-so-important career, why doesn't she just hire a cleaning service or a housekeeper? (warning, logic detected...)**

Oh, I forgot: Howie the Shopping Addict spent all her money on frivolous crap which Vintage Howard could've built MacGyver-style out of paperclips and watch batteries. Sarcasm

Why are they living in that house when B. supposedly hates it and everything it represents? Why is Stuart still there? Why is Stuart now a major character? Why am I even talking about Stuart? What day is it? Where am I? Who are you, again? Etc... (rhetorical questions, not looking for an answer.)

This sounds like a tremendous snooze. *falls asleep* Sounds like Three's Company or some shit.

The ep where Howard moves out of his room and takes his stuff down off the walls killed me. If he was moving to his own place, or to be roomies with Raj, that would be fabulous. But he wasn't, as we know. Not in *this* dark and cobwebby corner of the Multi-Verse, at least.

I hate the way they've treated that house, in these recent storylines. I feel affection for that house and for Howard's bedroom almost like I'd feel affection for a vintage character. They should've simply stopped mentioning that house, or Mrs.W, when they moved to a rom-com format. Even the inanimate objects on this show get ruined. It would be so much less painful if they'd made a clean break instead of these occasional half-assed stabs at continuity.

I feel like Rip Van Winkle sometimes, because my mindset and my concept of this show and its universe is still firmly rooted in S1-S2, but now everything is so different.

This dry-as-dust "Honeymooners" nonsense is REALLY the most exciting idea that a group of professional writers could come up with?

**silly me, B can't hire outside help; they might discover the bodies of her previous husbands...

Bernadette never has work-related storylines, in spite of supposedly being so smart, so sought-after, so highly paid, such a shining star in her field. It's all this 1950s domestic nonsense. And then the show claims that these female scientists are role-models.

She's "much smarter than Howard"---Puke--but she can't find solutions to simple everyday problems or conflicts or challenges without screaming like a demented street-corner vagrant. Does she try to solve a Rubik's Cube by calling it names and bullying it?

Messages In This Thread
8.23 The Maternal Combustion - by Tuesday Pajamas - 04-29-2015, 01:14 PM
RE: 8.23 The Maternal Combustion - by Nutz - 05-01-2015, 02:40 AM
RE: 8.23 The Maternal Combustion - by Louise - 05-01-2015, 03:23 AM
RE: 8.23 The Maternal Combustion - by Louise - 05-01-2015, 04:57 AM
RE: 8.23 The Maternal Combustion - by devilbk - 05-01-2015, 05:15 AM
RE: 8.23 The Maternal Combustion - by Louise - 05-01-2015, 11:01 AM
RE: 8.23 The Maternal Combustion - by lewstonewar - 05-01-2015, 11:46 PM
RE: 8.23 The Maternal Combustion - by devilbk - 05-02-2015, 03:19 AM