and BAM! Howard Wolowitz
More fun things: my cute figurines.

[Image: figures5_zps4da4d2f7.jpg]

[Image: figures1_zpsff1ba76a.jpg]

(07-21-2014, 12:13 AM)pilot fish Wrote: [Image: _bbt_howard_wd_2.jpg] Good fashion choice, shoes match shirt. [Image: tumblr_lntwgstb3k1qds5cto1_500.gif] OMG, what does he look like!

Oh, I love this post, Pilot Fish. It gives me life, lol. How adorable and hilarious is his face??

These are my "wardrobe cards", which I got on eBay. That shirt which Pilot Fish posted about? I have an actual piece of it! I don't know why the second photo is so big, I couldn't manage to get it smaller.

[img][Image: wardrobecard_zps912aff73.jpg][/img]

[img][Image: wardrobecard2_zpsfacdf7ca.jpg][/img]

I didn't make this, either, but it's sure beautiful:

[img][Image: pretty-colors_zps1c815e02.png][/img]
The following 3 users Like Louise's post:
  • ricardo shillyshally, Toad, queenoftheDales
Classic Howard, aka early-seasons Howard, is creative, inventive, clever, impulsive, filled with energy and enthusiasm, witty, snarky, spontaneous, mischievous, wickedly lovable, sneaky, loyal, practical, resourceful, impudent, and at times emotional. He is a spirit of anarchy...
The following 1 user Likes Louise's post:
  • Toad
Nothing makes me angrier than people who think the pre-Bernadette Howard was a one-dimensional character or a bad person. The post-Bernadette stuff makes me so uncomfortable that I find it unwatchable.

Simon H's acting can't be faulted, but that singing episode? Definitely a shark-jumping moment and a low point for the series. I couldn't bring myself to watch that whole scene. Saying that B. is his best friend? Raj is his best friend. Nice Soviet-style revisionism, writers...

Also, the "letter" episode? Disturbing. Unsettling. So much like the daytime soap operas my Grandma used to watch. I mean, really, could anyone have predicted the show would turn out like this? It's like a bad dream. It's unreal.

This video is what I mean when I talk about "emotional Howard." Not the saccharine stuff from later seasons. If you recall, in the early seasons, it was kind of a running theme, this idea that Howard's moods change quickly and his emotions are always close to the surface. He cries easily:

The following 3 users Like Louise's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, Wisp, ricardo shillyshally
This is such a wonderfully delightful scene. Not just because of the "jumping for joy" at the end, but it's noteworthy because someone other than Sheldon has a fast-paced, jargon-filled monologue. That idea seems to have been dropped pretty early on. (The other guys having that type of speech, I mean.) Can anyone think of other examples?

I love Simon/Howard's voice, it has such a pleasing quality. Gosh, Raj looked so different, in this era. I wonder why they decided to start straightening his hair...
Watered-Down Howard gives me the creeps in a way that Creepy Howard never does. His voice is different. He actually seems *less* adult and manly.
It's that horror-movie feeling of seeing something familiar behave in an unfamiliar way. It really is.

Also, I don't watch the new episodes, but from the screencaps, it seems like even his outfits are getting less colorful, and they keep messing with his hairstyle.

I predict that by the end of this godforsaken series, he will have completely normal clothes and a nearly-normal hairstyle.

I love, love, love Howard's colorful outfits and belt buckles and all that. So of course, they have to gradually do away with that.

Really, a person could see that this show has changed, by looking at nothing but screencaps. From wearing colorful geeky clothes and drinking juice boxes, to wearing more-subdued clothes and drinking beers. It's all there.

It was so off-putting and vaguely unsettling, the first time I happened to watch a scene of H. and B. hanging out in H's bedroom at his mother's house.
It's a "What is wrong with this picture?" feeling. She doesn't belong. She reminds me of Miss Piggy, with the blonde locks and the aggressive behavior.
The following 1 user Likes Louise's post:
  • queenoftheDales
To me, M.R. seems like she should be playing the wacky aunt/sister/friend on some teen show, or be on some second-tier sketch comedy program like Mad TV.

I know that some people here like her or tolerate her or feel that the character had potential, and I'm not trying to upset anyone or ruffle any feathers, but I find her literally unwatchable.

I can't wait until this show is over and she's doing commercials for Febreeze or disappearing into obscurity.

The whole "B. sounds just like Howard's mother" joke was old and grating from the very first time they did it. Plus it is ***squicky in the extreme.*** We get it, we get it, Howard has an Oedipus Complex. Now he's literally a motherf*cker. Lovely.
Simon Helberg and Kevin Sussman's characters are the only two that still hold some interest for me. But I completely, aggressively agree that Howard's newly softer and more downtrodden way of speaking and generally behaving is offputtingly subtle but glaringly obvious at the same time. All the characters have lost their spikes. Even Leonard had some pleasingly sarky moments early on.

(08-19-2014, 11:45 AM)Louise Wrote: Nothing makes me angrier than people who think the pre-Bernadette Howard was a one-dimensional character or a bad person. The post-Bernadette stuff makes me so uncomfortable that I find it unwatchable.

Simon H's acting can't be faulted, but that singing episode? Definitely a shark-jumping moment and a low point for the series. I couldn't bring myself to watch that whole scene. Saying that B. is his best friend? Raj is his best friend. Nice Soviet-style revisionism, writers...

Also, the "letter" episode? Disturbing. Unsettling. So much like the daytime soap operas my Grandma used to watch. I mean, really, could anyone have predicted the show would turn out like this? It's like a bad dream. It's unreal.

This video is what I mean when I talk about "emotional Howard." Not the saccharine stuff from later seasons. If you recall, in the early seasons, it was kind of a running theme, this idea that Howard's moods change quickly and his emotions are always close to the surface. He cries easily:

Howard's first love song: " *Epic badly played intro* BERNADETTE. I AM SO SOOORRY FOR TRYING TO PROPOSE TO YOOOOUUUUU.... WAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH....." was frigging adorable (I thought) because it was still naff and vaguely pratty, but very Howard in its dorky suaveness. That second song was sappy, overlong and depressingly fawning. How does this show now manage to be misogynistic (I hate dropping the M bomb but this is TBBT, so...) and ball-busting at the same time?
HARRISON FORD IS IRRADIATING OUR TESTICLES WITH MICROWAVE SATELLITE TRANSMISSIONS

AND WHO THE FUCK STOLE MY BOILED EGGS?
The following 3 users Like Wisp's post:
  • Louise, queenoftheDales, ricardo shillyshally
That's why I found that quote by CL interesting(in Folklorre). That's what I liked about the original characters, they were someone you believe could exist. They had flaws. But when the secondary wave of charcters were introduced mainly as 'love interests'(everything is slightly ironic!); Bernadette and Amy, I don't believe in, to quote CL,' caring about the character, root for them,....get invested'. No!
The following 1 user Likes ricardo shillyshally's post:
  • Louise
Interesting viewpoint> http://3chicgeeks.com/2013/02/23/the-pro...ng-theory/ I particularly liked it when Penny got addicted to gaming, interesting she chops Leonard's head off in game!
I think that would have been an interesting idea; the guys meet 'geeky' women whom they only see as friends(whole characters, even with surnames!), share interests, maybe Sheldon meets a woman at model train shop, more interactions. Usually women are only introduced as sexual objects, and then disappear, or are 'love interests', that we get stuck with them! Just have to keep stud Leonard, occupied! [Image: leonard_alone.gif] That line works every time!!!
The following 1 user Likes ricardo shillyshally's post:
  • Louise