0%
0 0%
3 Dirty Socks
0%
0 0%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

SHAMY WARNING: 8.20 The Fortification Implementation
Sorry folks i have been on holiday so this thread is late.
Not that it matters, the episode is going to be crap.
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 1 user Likes Nutz's post:
  • queenoftheDales
That is true. Not many HQers will watch this but if you want to see the photos they are here:

http://www.spoilersguide.com/big-bang-th...on-photos/

"Fans are introduced to Howard's brother, Josh, who randomly shows up at his doorstep. Amy and Sheldon have a date night that turns into what may or may not be their first sleepover. Wil Wheaton invites Penny to participate in his podcast, which ends in Penny and Leonard having a fight on the air."

Wil Wheaton does look good with a beard. And I think Kaley's growing her hair...

[Image: Screen%20shot%202015-04-09%20at%2012.48....mcdkra.png]
Quote:"Fans are introduced to Howard's brother, Josh, who randomly shows up at his doorstep.

You can't introduce new family-members 8 years into the game. You just can't. It smells so strongly of "we are out of ideas." What about seeing more of Missy, or some of the family-members who have been mentioned but never seen, like Sheldon's brother or Penny's brother?

Or, here's a wild concept: make good use of the characters you already have.

Mark my words, this is how it will go: brother is portrayed as more successful and more attractive than H. H becomes jealous/resentful/paranoid, because that is his theme for Season 8. There is tension/conflict and then Bernadette tells them to behave. I would bet $100 that this is how it goes.

Long-lost relatives are the most soapish theme out there.

This is what I mean when I assert that we're not just looking at a diluted version of the original characters, we're looking at wholly different people. Original Howard was almost excessively confident, this guy lets literally everyone walk all over him.

Quote:Amy and Sheldon have a date night that turns into what may or may not be their first sleepover.

No comment. MorlockMorlock

Quote:Wil Wheaton invites Penny to participate in his podcast, which ends in Penny and Leonard having a fight on the air."

These couples are fighting way too often. Yes, all couples have disagreements and that's normal, but it's not normal for the fights to be so frequent and so intense. If you haven't figured things out after EIGHT YEARS, you are simply not compatible, IMO.
(04-10-2015, 01:40 AM)Louise Wrote: These couples are fighting way too often. Yes, all couples have disagreements and that's normal, but it's not normal for the fights to be so frequent and so intense. If you haven't figured things out after EIGHT YEARS, you are simply not compatible, IMO.

To be fair they haven't had much Lenny disagreement for a while, but then they haven't had much Lenny at all. This has been Shamy season on the whole.

Although, I get your point because whenever Lenny have an ep they normally have a fight about something because this couple have so little comic value, they can't simple take them out somewhere and create a funny scene. They have to have one of them worried about the state of the relationship, or some boring misunderstanding they shouldn't still be having.

But if Sheldon and Penny were together, or even just out somewhere as friends, it's easier to put them in more interesting situations and have their differences play the story out. The writers have done a real number on themselves. Undecided
Quote:To be fair they haven't had much Lenny disagreement for a while, but then they haven't had much Lenny at all. This has been Shamy's season.

See, I haven't watched this season (thankfully, for my sanity), so I'll admit I don't know exactly what's going on. But yeah, where are the plot-driven episodes where the characters actually have something to *do*, instead of navel-gazing about the state of their relationships?
To clarify the overriding theme of Season 8, Amy wants to have sex with Sheldon and pretty much everyone thinks that should happen. Even Sheldon is warming up to the idea but not quite fast enough for Amy who is trying, week after week, to trick him into bed with her which seems like it should ring some child endangerment alarm bells. Everyone else is generally unhappy, even newly engaged Lenny. And, oh yeah, Mrs. Wolowitz died and was a major theme of the show for over a month, which occasioned very little actual mourning and a lot of Bernadette trying to remove all evidence of her existence and of Howard's likes and preferences as she takes control of the Wolowitz home.

In many ways this Amy wants to get laid theme is just the TBBT version of Lucy trying to break into show business, but not at all funny.
The following 3 users Like devilbk's post:
  • lewstonewar, Tuesday Pajamas, wellplayedpenny
(04-09-2015, 06:53 PM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: "Fans are introduced to Howard's brother, Josh, who randomly shows up at his doorstep.

Cousin Oliver has arrived!!

[Image: Robbie_Rist_Cousin_Oliver_Brady_Bunch_1974.JPG]
The following 2 users Like FlyingMonkey's post:
  • devilbk, Tuesday Pajamas
We knew it was only a matter of time before Cousin Oliver showed up.
Be careful what you wish for Louise. They are airing an episode (April 30) where both Leonards AND Sheldons mother come to visit. They should have filmed this ep already, so if they didn't have an outside studio Audience it means that they really wanted to keep the episode under wraps. Be afraid, be very afraid. Cue fawning over Amy, blatant canon rewrites and even ....PukePuke Shamy sex. Cause nothing says love like the mothers telling you to just do it.
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons