5.26%
1 5.26%
Sheldon tries coitus and isn't impressed
0%
0 0%
Total 19 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Season 8 finale predictions
(04-03-2015, 03:13 AM)FlyingMonkey Wrote: My view is that I don't really care what happens in the finale. Not just because I no longer watch the show but because TPTB have made it very clear that the current couples, which I despise, are end game, so any "cliffhangers" are meaningless. There will be much angst and wailing and gnashing of teeth among those who feel their ship is in peril, but it's all contrived. TPTB have settled on a stable, comfortable standard romcom formula and they aren't going to change it. I had some hope last season when Sheldon temporarily escaped from his relentless predator but they undid everything from the finale in the first episode of the next season. Fool me once..........

They've already told us how the game ends so why bother watching if I know I won't like the outcome?

My feelings exactly. I voted "Something boring..." The show has been one disappointment after another for the past 5 years. Why should I expect any different this time round? As I have said many times before, this show has used the same formula for years: nothing ground-breaking happens the whole of the season, then they do something that looks relatively game-changing in the finale (probably because people complain that things are stagnant, predictable and boring which is true) only to revert back to the same ole in the new season Puke
With CBS announcing that Sheldon will be pushing Leonard and Penny about their wedding date (although I'm unclear why he would bother), the long drawn out plod to the altar, may get a date. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

They also announced dramatic changes for Sheldon and Amy. So the winner looks like 'Major Shamy event tease'.
My wish Amy's monkey's go feral and rip her limb from limb.In the mayhem that follows sadly Leonard and Bernie are also killed.
Raj and Howard get their happy ever after it then fades to Penny and Sheldon in Penny's car and we find that Sheldon has been training the monkey's for months.I can but hope.
The following 3 users Like Lollywho's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas, Louise, queenoftheDales
That's a hell of a first post! Er...hello mate. Nice to meet you!

As for the "news"...Well it's either coitus, engagement or breakup. I'm assuming breakup myself. Which, if implemented permanently, might return the show to our beloved Vintage years, with Sheldon as the solitary vivid sun around which orbits the individual characters, rather than couple-clumps. I'd dearly hope this happens, obviously, because without the Amy character permanently grafted to Sheldon, distorting him, I could once again watch the show. But I'm not fool enough to bet on it.

If instead it turns out to be coitus, then it's hardly a "dramatic change" seeing as Sheldon has been reduced to essentially a "coitus project" (copyright Tuesday Pajamas) over the past few years. From being a character for whom sexuality and all the rest of the world's "mating dance" idiocy played no part, it's more than a bit ignominious that his whole existence is now bound up in a certain segment of the fandom's Circus Maximus Coital Countdown, with much anticipational frothing in the stands. If they wanted him to have sex, fine. It's not a big deal. But they should have just got it over with earlier, instead of making his slow breakdown towards it define his character. Because now we have the insulting concept that asexuality can be "fixed" eventually. It just takes relentless hounding and pressure from your partner and your heteronormative friends.
By the same yardstick, homosexuality is just repressed heterosexuality, waiting to be liberated by the "right woman". Jesus wept...Why force this normality on a character who was refreshingly alien?
(And again, why the hell couldn't they have kept Amy asexual, and let them have a true relationship of the mind, or GOD FORBID, let them be friends? This Boy/Girl business is nauseating. He's a brilliant scientist, not a spotty adolescent!)

If it's engagement, well we already knew that. The whole Sheldon thing lately is one long march towards to altar, punctuated by predictable pit-stops. All roads lead to marriage. So again, how is this a "change"?

So the only etymologically correct reading would be "break up", or AFF ultimatum. Possibly Sheldon's constant interest in the Leonard/Penny relationship and lack of material interest in his own finally wears AFF's tolerance to a thread, which snaps.

I don't really care anymore. I've spent too long hoping for Sheldon's freedom and return to himself. These are not our characters, these are not our plots.

These are not the fans you're looking for.
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 3 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • FlyingMonkey, Louise, Nutz
Hi I think all my years of resentment over a show I once loved just slipped out in a rush.But I don't regret it and still hope for this scenario.?
The following 1 user Likes Lollywho's post:
  • Louise
(04-18-2015, 09:26 PM)Lollywho Wrote: Hi I think all my years of resentment over a show I once loved just slipped out in a rush.But I don't regret it and still hope for this scenario.?

This show has driven us all to breaking point, at times Big Grin It really was such a brilliant show. We are all at different stages of grieving.
The following 1 user Likes Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Louise
(04-18-2015, 07:32 PM)Lollywho Wrote: My wish Amy's monkey's go feral and rip her limb from limb.In the mayhem that follows sadly Leonard and Bernie are also killed.
Raj and Howard get their happy ever after it then fades to Penny and Sheldon in Penny's car and we find that Sheldon has been training the monkey's for months.I can but hope.

Wow! You're a little dark aren't you. WELCOME HOME Big Grin
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
Other endings I would be happy with.

Sheldon.
[Image: infinite07.jpg]

The gang.
[Image: Indiana-Jones-rides-off-into-the-sunset-640x277.jpg]

Any of the original five, going after the inventor of rom-coms, or Wil Wheaton going after Colonel Cooper.
[Image: 977a234b1172f2f98bcbca32dc866ac6.jpg]

I have a terrible fear that the end of the whole series will be Penny/Garance driving off serenely in a carriage, and Sheldon/Baptiste getting carried away by a violent horde of clowns.
[Image: tumblr_mfpffpdonf1qcoaf4o1_500.gif]

Or alternatively, but with an attack griffin.
[Image: the-never-ending-story-20-years-later.jpg]
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 3 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Louise, Nutz, Toad
Hmm. I better get this in before tomorrow's finale taping. But, just to clarify, when you say Season 8 predictions, do you mean…

[Image: e938fabb593641c67fee440e4f7927bd.jpg]

… “Whatever I want? Or Whatever I have to want?”

If it’s the latter, then I suppose any relatively benign storyline will do – Lenny breakup, Shamy breakup etc. Unfortunately, we all know it won’t last. The way TPTB have been writing lately, their plots have had few laughs and even fewer consequences long term.

If, however, you are asking me to write whatever I WANT, well, that’s another matter entirely. sass

I am a firm believer that people need to be careful for what they wish for because they might just get it. The entire eighth season of TBBT has been one long year of the Shamy (and the ratings prove it). It goes without saying that those fans are expecting an epic coitus finale, despite the fact Sheldon seems as enthusiastic at the idea of having sex with Amy as George Costanza was at the idea of marrying Susan on Seinfeld. So, if it were up to me, I’d say give the Shamy fans exactly what they want – Seinfeld style!!

Allow me to explain: I’m not sure how many of you are aware but people with avocado allergies (as was established Amy was deathly allergic to in 8:3 The First Pitch Insufficiency) are also susceptible to having other allergies as well. This is because the proteins that are found in avocados are similar to those found in other fruits and plants - two of the most prominent being latex (from the rubber tree) and bananas.

For those of you with as twisted a sense of humour as my own, you probably already know where I’m going with this. Let’s just say that before her big night of passion, Amy decides she wants to be prepared and practice unrolling contraceptives lest, when the moment comes, she’s not caught with her proverbial pants down (although one could argue that’s entirely the point now, isn’t it?). Wink Anyway, much like her 30 lb, T-shirt wearing bag of rice, Amy decides her monkeys’ bananas are a good Sheldon substitute on which to practice. Unfortunately, in all her excitement, she accidently purchased the “LAY TEX” instead of non-latex brand of condoms and yada, yada, yada… Bob’s your undertaker! Big GrinBig Grin

Imagine the irony. Amy’s obsession with coitus is the very thing that leads to the prophylactic shocker that is her undoing. And as for Sheldon, who would have thought that non-vulcanized rubber would ultimately save a man who has spent a lifetime idolizing Spock! Big Grin

Anyway, that’s what I’d do if I were in charge. Maybe it’s a good thing I’m not in charge.

A girl can dream though, can’t she? Angel
The following 8 users Like Satnight815's post:
  • lewstonewar, queenoftheDales, Gamma, Nutz, devilbk, Louise, SpaceAnJL, Lollywho
(04-21-2015, 12:56 AM)Satnight815 Wrote: Hmm. I better get this in before tomorrow's finale taping. But, just to clarify, when you say Season 8 predictions, do you mean…

[Image: e938fabb593641c67fee440e4f7927bd.jpg]

… “Whatever I want? Or Whatever I have to want?”

If it’s the latter, then I suppose any relatively benign storyline will do – Lenny breakup, Shamy breakup etc. Unfortunately, we all know it won’t last. The way TPTB have been writing lately, their plots have had few laughs and even fewer consequences long term.

If, however, you are asking me to write whatever I WANT, well, that’s another matter entirely. sass

I am a firm believer that people need to be careful for what they wish for because they might just get it. The entire eighth season of TBBT has been one long year of the Shamy (and the ratings prove it). It goes without saying that those fans are expecting an epic coitus finale, despite the fact Sheldon seems as enthusiastic at the idea of having sex with Amy as George Costanza was at the idea of marrying Susan on Seinfeld. So, if it were up to me, I’d say give the Shamy fans exactly what they want – Seinfeld style!!

Allow me to explain: I’m not sure how many of you are aware but people with avocado allergies (as was established Amy was deathly allergic to in 8:3 The First Pitch Insufficiency) are also susceptible to having other allergies as well. This is because the proteins that are found in avocados are similar to those found in other fruits and plants - two of the most prominent being latex (from the rubber tree) and bananas.

For those of you with as twisted a sense of humour as my own, you probably already know where I’m going with this. Let’s just say that before her big night of passion, Amy decides she wants to be prepared and practice unrolling contraceptives lest, when the moment comes, she’s not caught with her proverbial pants down (although one could argue that’s entirely the point now, isn’t it?). Wink Anyway, much like her 30 lb, T-shirt wearing bag of rice, Amy decides her monkeys’ bananas are a good Sheldon substitute on which to practice. Unfortunately, in all her excitement, she accidently purchased the “LAY TEX” instead of non-latex brand of condoms and yada, yada, yada… Bob’s your undertaker! Big GrinBig Grin

Imagine the irony. Amy’s obsession with coitus is the very thing that leads to the prophylactic shocker that is her undoing. And as for Sheldon, who would have thought that non-vulcanized rubber would ultimately save a man who has spent a lifetime idolizing Spock! Big Grin

Anyway, that’s what I’d do if I were in charge. Maybe it’s a good thing I’m not in charge.

A girl can dream though, can’t she? Angel

Complete Gold! I can see the Emmy now Big Grin
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 2 users Like Nutz's post:
  • devilbk, Satnight815