5.26%
1 5.26%
Sheldon tries coitus and isn't impressed
0%
0 0%
Total 19 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Season 8 finale predictions
As we did with last season, let's look into our crystal balls and predict the S8 finale. Tell us what you see, or what you'd LIKE to see happen in 8.24.

Will they go with the usual scenario where someone leaves?

Will there be a cliff hanger?

Will there be a bust-up?

Will it be a happy event, without a cliff hanger?

And I should I make this a poll...? Big Grin
Season Finale:

Amy is caught experimenting on Raj's dog. Raj flips out and runs her down with his car. Sadly, Bernadette and Emily are collateral damage. This should only take about five or six minutes. Fill the remaining airtime with nothing but SH playing with cute animals. You're welcome.

(\ /)
(0.o)
(>_<)

[Image: 4uwa3p.jpg]
The following 5 users Like Louise's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas, queenoftheDales, FlyingMonkey, Jomi25, lewstonewar
Despite her bad audition, Kevin Smith offers Penny a big part in Clerks 3. Penny and Leonard fight over it. Leonard finds out from Bernadette that Penny has asked for a leave of absence from her job. He goes over to her apt. to convince her not to go and finds a note telling him she went to Vancouver, where Clerks 3 is being filmed, for two months.
The following 3 users Like devilbk's post:
  • Nutz, Jomi25, lewstonewar
Very funny Louise and very plausible Dev.
(04-02-2015, 12:36 AM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: Very funny Louise and very plausible Dev.

I'm better with funny than with plausible, these days Sad
It would be nice to think of a Penny-centric finale, but that would presuppose the writers thinking of her as a separate entity, independent of being 'Leonard's'. She'd be offered the part and they'd fight. But the show is more likely to have her cave and give it all up for the beige polyester Stepford bullshit.

Wishful thinking would have her make a run for it. Really wishful thinking would see her pack Sheldon into her (new, red, fun) car as well.

I don't want to speculate on what loathsome gross behaviour the Abomination will regurgitate. Having law enforcement kick the door down and drag her off for anything from animal cruelty to abetting bioterrorism to sexual molestation of a mental incompetent would be great. Or the missing fiancé could return, though we'd have the unedifying sight of Sheldon being jealous or pining. (as opposed to celebrating his good fortune and legging it.)

Really, a Penny-centric finale would make dramatic sense, but we're more likely to find it All About the Ego, one disgusting way or another.
The following 5 users Like SpaceAnJL's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas, devilbk, Nutz, Toad, Jomi25
It would be great to see Penny in the forefront and with her own cliff hanger? Definitely! I personally think that Dev has it in the bag but I love the idea of Penny taking off either way.

But just to add something else to the mix I'm going to say it will be a major Shamy clifff hanger. And we'll all be going Shock or Puke screaming "release the kraken" and demanding an icon for that, while hitting the Wine Although you'd think after Shamy has had about 21 alone scenes and counting, over Lenny's 16 that they would add some variety.

But you know what even as I write it I have a completely unsubstantiated feeling it might be Shenny. Not sure why, it may be too much sun. Big Grin
The following 2 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • devilbk, Nutz
It can't be a Sheldon & Penny episode! They've already had ONE WHOLE EPISODE together this season. You want ANOTHER? What is this, the PENNY & SHELDON SHOW?

Sarcasm (obviously)

Yes, 21 ShAmy scenes, 16 Lennui, and who knows how many for Howardette...

As for the FRIENDSHIPS of this show (remember those? That the show did and still does so brilliantly) we've had 13 Shelnard scenes, 11 Shenny and what I think is a rather pitiful 6 for Rollowitz...

These figure were written on the back of a racing form, and based off the transcripts only, so don't quote me on them. If you want an absolutely accurate account YOU KNOW WHAT YOU CAN DO.

Unlike our friends elsewhere, who appear, rather oddly, to think Season 8 was nothing but a Shenny orgy of scenes, rather than the scant 11 they got OUT OF 300, it is worth further noting that half of these scenes were essentially one extended scene, and that "Shenny" thus appeared in only 5 individual episodes, and most of those scenes were spent discussing AMY.

If the Bechdel test was based on ALL genders' inability to discuss anything other than their "romantic" entanglements, then the friendships and characters in this show fail terribly.

For contrast with the 5 episodes above, in Season 2, "Shenny" appeared in 30 scenes over 17 episodes, not counting all their interactions with others present.

The well loved (and critically respected) Season 2 of TBBT had almost entirely FRIENDSHIP based episodes, with a variety of romantic entanglements sprinkled sparing throughout. Leonard and Penny's "relationship" was the only constant one, and it was never allowed to dominate an episode. Fast forward to Season 8, where relationships dominate 90% of the episodes. Even in groups, they're still in couples.

Which brings us to Predictions.

I'm going to take a wild stab in the dark and say it will involve relationships again. Crazy I know...

I can't watch this show regularly anymore BECAUSE of this relentless couples bollocks (I particularly can't abide the Shamy High School cutesy-wutsey ickle-wickiness, and find Amy herself an incredibly unpleasant and manipulative character, so her dominating this season hasn't been PEACHY) so I'm increasingly detached from whatever mojo/animus is powering the season. My predictions, therefore, will probably be quite worthless.

I certainly intend to watch the last two I've read the TR for, 8.21 & 8.22, as they're mercifully free of the two interlopers, sound very amusing, and read like Vintage episodes with the lads all arsing around with inventions, and a bit of S/P interaction even. Amazing!

But I presume this is either a sop or the calm before the bruhaha of couples' dirty laundry brewing.
(untangle that sentence if you will)

So, the 2 cards most likely remaining in their relationship deck -

1) Sheldon is sacrificed to SHE WHO IS MOST DESERVING, relinquishing the last of his autonomy, identity and dignity.

2) What Devil said about Penny rising up in the world/scarpering and Leonard being insecure.

Although, at last year's finale we thought the first horrible possibility was imminent, and they delightfully surprised us with Sheldon running away. What appeared to us as a symbolic effort by the character to run away from his ghastly suburban fate. (The fact that he came back apparently diminished in intelligence, and has spent much of season 8 in a state of loud infantilism is another matter...) So who knows, we may be surprised again!

I can still remember my sheer delight at the Kraken tentacle hauling Leonard off the ship! Very unexpected!

Wine
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 6 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Louise, Nutz, devilbk, Gamma, Toad, Jomi25
They might make a pit stop and throw in a pairing no one cares a damn about, like Raj and Emily but it's most likely going to be be something sacrificial involving Sheldon and the pretence that someone like Amy is what will save him from, god knows, being alone or something. We can't have that, now can we?
The following 1 user Likes Moonbase's post:
  • Idle Miscreant
Keep them coming folks, I think I will make a poll.... Adding Lucy returns. You can chose more than one.