Poll: Vote for this episode (open to guests)
3 Penny Blossoms
2 Penny Blossoms
1 Penny Blossom
The Neutral Zone
1 Dirty Sock
2 Dirty Socks
3 Dirty Socks
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
1.04 The Luminous Fish Effect
Week 5 of the Rewind Imperative.

This weeks vintage Big Bang episode on Thursday April 9, 2015 is:

The Luminous Fish Effect
Originally aired Monday, October 22, 2007
Written by Chuck Lorre & Bill Prady

"After being fired from his job, Sheldon attempts to explore life beyond physics. But his initial thrill of shopping with Penny devolves over time to him weaving ponchos as a shut-in, forcing Leonard to call on Sheldon's mother"

This is the first time we see Sheldon's bedroom, met his mother and find out his surname is Cooper.

[Image: 22889430af538a2e23c0c2.jpg]
[Image: MhJjZA1upfg.jpg]

Please note: Rewind Imperative polls are open to non-members.
I hope some of you are going to join me for Luminous Fish this Thursday. Angel

[Image: bbt-s1e4-1600x900-800x450_071420140158.jpg]

Writers: David Litt & Lee Aronsohn (story by Chuck Lorre & Bill Prady)
Director: Bob Koherr

These are not names I recognise.
The following 4 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, Louise, Jomi25, Toad
[Image: the-luminous-fish-effect-full-1.jpg]

Sheldon: Well here’s an interesting turn of events.

Leonard: What. (Sees Howard entering with a statuesque blonde) Howard brought a date?

Sheldon: A more plausible explanation is that his work in robotics has made an amazing leap forward.

Howard: Hey, what up, science bitches? May I introduce my special lady friend, Summer

[Image: The-Big-Bang-Theory-The-Luminous-Fish-Ef...20-480.jpg]

Mrs Cooper: Leonard called me.

Sheldon: I know, but why?

Leonard: Because one of the great minds of the twenty-first century is raising glow-in-the-dark fish and weaving sarapes.

Sheldon: This is not a sarape. This is a poncho. A sarape is open at the sides, a poncho is closed, this is a poncho, and neither is a reason to call someone’s mother

[Image: tumblr_lyyvg6Zm3h1qgp5gmo1_r1_500.gif]

Leonard: Fish nightlights.

Sheldon: It’s a billion dollar idea. Shhhhh!
Oh wow, oh wow, what an adventure.
The following 4 users Like Gamma's post:
  • Louise, queenoftheDales, Nutz, Toad
I loved how Howard picked a woman twice his size. I think he initially liked tall women. They should have stuck with this. It was Howards 'thing' and made him unique and confident.

Howards taller goddesses:

Summer the call-girl
Americas next top models
Pennys slutty friend
Missy
Dr Stephanie
Katee Sackhoff

It gave Howard a sense that he was ambitious and it was funny. This was first quirk they took away from one of the guys. An utter waste of comic potential.
The following 1 user Likes Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Louise
(04-09-2015, 12:55 PM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: I loved how Howard picked a woman twice his size. I think he initially liked tall women. They should have stuck with this. It was Howards 'thing' and made him unique and confident.

Howards taller goddesses:

Summer the call-girl
Americas next top models
Pennys slutty friend
Missy
Dr Stephanie
Katee Sackhoff

It gave Howard a sense that he was ambitious and it was funny. This was first quirk they took away from one of the guys. An utter waste of comic potential.

YES! This has long been my headcanon about Classic!Howard, that he likes tall women. I mean, that's optimum boob-viewing height, no? Tongue

They should've paired him with a tall black girl, that would've at least been visually interesting.
The following 1 user Likes Louise's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas
(04-09-2015, 01:05 PM)Louise Wrote: YES! This has long been my headcanon about Classic!Howard, that he likes tall women. I mean, that's optimum boob-viewing height, no? Tongue

They should've paired him with a tall black girl, that would've at least been visually interesting.

That would have been amazing, but definitely someone more fun.

He loved tall women and I remember thinking "Oh shit!" when Bernadette was so short. It's not in line with his character! It makes them this tiny couple but I will always remember the real Howard, prior to all those crass tiny penis gags as well. Howard was a guy who aimed HIGHER.

"She's taller than all the women in my family combined." Big Grin Big Grin

2.07 The Panty Pinata Polarization
Quote:He loved tall women and I remember thinking "Oh shit!" when Bernadette was so short. It's not in line with his character! It makes them this tiny couple but I will always remember the real Howard, prior to all those crass tiny penis gags as well. Howard was a guy who aimed HIGHER.

Nothing will convince me that Real!Howard isn't a good lover. Over-eager, maybe, but a good lover. The Whore of Omaha seemed quite happy, and it can't be *only* because he was buying her things. After all, he exfoliated her brains out XD

I love short guys. I'm about 5'5", and I don't see why I should have to tilt my neck in order to talk to someone Tongue Kurt was gross, IMO.

Quote:"She's taller than all the women in my family combined." Big Grin Big Grin

I want fanfic of the aftermath of what happened in the Model House. I suppose the girls eventually chased them away or called the cops, or the guys lost their nerve and decided to leave before trouble started, but that's one of the great mysteries of this show; what exactly happened after H&R followed that girl down the hallway...

SUCH a classic H&R plotline. And they looked cute in their workman uniforms.
(04-10-2015, 01:50 AM)Louise Wrote: what exactly happened after H&R followed that girl down the hallway...

Raj probably scored Big Grin

Back to FISH

"Hey, what up science bitches" is one of my favourite catchphrases of the entire series.
I remember reading a review dated in 2007, condemning this episide as not revealing enough about Sheldon's motivation, but this episode has more backstory than any other BB EP. Its a real Sheldon episode and my favourite.

We learn:
He came from a religious background
His father was a hick (fighting a bobcat for licorice)
His father is dead
His family name is Cooper
He was a prodigy (the experiments)
He was bullied because he was smart
He has a fragile mentality
He's at odds with his mothers beliefs
He is loved
His academic time line
We met his boss
See his place of work for the first time
See his bedroom for the first time
Meet his mum

It also contains the first Shenny scene, where a flabbergasted Penny realises that this guy doesn't speak the same language as other people, on anything. She got him to admit he was "canned" as her straight talking automatically works on a deeper level. Then there's the great discussion about "one door opens..." and his neurotic stopping distance speech, the grocery store "expensive urine", and he gets way too personal offering his mathematics over tampon purchasing. Penny can't wait to get away but Sheldon loved it, calling it "fun."

I also loved Marys every word, she was so un-PC and there's a great moment where Raj stuffs bread in his mouth, as she starts the lords prayer, and he and Howard hold hands.

I really don't know what more they expect from their 22 minutes. Rolleyes
The following 7 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • devilbk, Gamma, Nutz, queenoftheDales, Idle Miscreant, lewstonewar, Toad
Mary and Penny seemed like the only one who wouldn't put up with Sheldon's holier-than-thou complex. Mary doesn't have time for the nonsense Big Grin

[Image: tumblr_mpbqh9lCyC1rn4qwao2_250.gif]
(I like that this is in half time Smile )

[Image: tumblr_m066gsCDbX1qgp5gmo1_r1_250.gif]