Poll: Vote for this episode (guest votes welcome)
3 Penny Blossoms
2 Penny Blossoms
1 Penny Blossom
The Neutral Zone
1 Dirty Sock
2 Dirty Socks
3 Dirty Socks
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
1.03 The Fuzzy Boots Corollary
Week 4 of the Rewind Imperative.

This weeks vintage Big Bang episode on Thursday April 2, 2015 is:

The Fuzzy Boots Corollary
Originally aired Monday, October 8, 2007

"Leonard's hopes of a relationship with Penny are dashed when he sees her kiss another guy, so he decides to ask his colleague Leslie Winkle out."

This episode is about Leonard trying to get Penny on a date, without actually telling her it's a date but is strongest for it's nerd content in my opinion. It contains such GEMS as Leslie Winkle's introduction to the show with her bio-chemical experiment on Leonard, Raj and Howard trying to convince Sheldon he's a robot, the guys going to a Salsa class and of course 'The Sword Master' featured.

Please note: Rewind Imperative polls are open to non-members.
Note: Salsa class is usually cut from the syndicated episode.
Do they do that to squeeze in more commercials?

I know the last episode was called Big Bran because Sheldon switched to a higher fibre cereal, when Penny started yelling. But I can't think how Fuzzy Boots got its name.
(04-01-2015, 03:47 AM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: I know the last episode was called Big Bran because Sheldon switched to a higher fibre cereal, when Penny started yelling. But I can't think how Fuzzy Boots got its name.

Isn't it because Leonard wanted to get a cat to comfort him when he was depressed about not having Penny? And listen to Alanis Morissette? Tongue
Yes that's right.... and he was going to be called Sargent Fuzzy Boots.

This is the episode where the writers first came up with the idea of getting cats to satisfy a need for human interaction. Sheldon was the one trying to talk sense to Leonard, and explaining to him that he was just getting a cat because he was upset about Penny. Later, the writers use this idea again but they reverse it and Sheldon gets the cat and it's Leonard pointing out that he's doing it, to feel better. This was recycled for Zazzy in season 4.

I know this was originally posted by queen somewhere else but I couldn't resist :d
[Image: tumblr_inline_mi1b7ycoEz1qz4rgp.gif][Image: tumblr_md0f0fTLlw1r1mtsdo1_250.gif]
The following 3 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Louise, queenoftheDales, Jomi25
PJ, they absolutely do it to squeeze in more commercials. They reduce half-hour episodes to about 20 minutes in length, which means snipping about 2 minutes from the original episode.
Sheldon battling with Leonard-Logic;

Sheldon: Okay, look, I think that you have as much of a chance of having a sexual relationship with Penny as the Hubble Telescope does of discovering at the centre of every black hole is a little man with a flashlight searching for a circuit breaker. Nevertheless, I do feel obligated to point out to you that she did not reject you. You did not ask her out.

Leonard: You’re right. I didn’t ask her out, I should ask her out.

Sheldon: No. No, now that was not my point. My point was, don’t buy a cat.

He's right Leonard, THAT WAS NOT THE POINT.
Sheldon was also a deadpan bastard in Season One... Wine

Leonard: Can you tell I’m perspiring a little?

Sheldon: No. The dark crescent-shaped patterns under your arms conceal it nicely.

&

"Is the sex starting NOW?"

The Sword of Azeroth was the greatest cold open of all...

[Image: tumblr_ltwex8Sqe01r34jyyo2_500.gif]
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 5 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Gamma, queenoftheDales, Nutz, Jomi25, Toad
This is the episode (for me) that the show really started finding its rhythm and Sheldon became the breakout character.
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
And don't forget Howard, when he buys the sword and shouts "I am the sword master" I never fail to crack up laughing. The entire scene is one of the funniest things they have ever done. Every line works so well. "Lock and load" "tonight I spice my mead with goblin blood" "I'm a rogue elf, doesn't anyone read character descriptions" "this is what the last 97 hours have been about"

I remember losing days, weeks, to games. The whole scene remind me of how much fun it was, and while it's mocking the importance we place on it, it's done in such a sympathetic way. The show used to identify with it's own characters. They were so lucky to cast 4 actors who had such chemistry. There's real energy in that scene.

I've seen a few people claim on other sites, that S1 was the worst season. I'm staggered that some people can't see the talent, how excited everyone was, and how much effort the writers and cast put into every scene. The later seasons just don't have this care. Half the time they look bored, and tired and I can't help feeling the writers are burnt out.
The following 5 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Gamma, queenoftheDales, Nutz, Toad, Jomi25

I really liked Leslie and Leonard's interactions. Even though she shot him down they both spoke the same language and Leonard had at least the illusion of confidence.

And then there is this.

Oh wow, oh wow, what an adventure.
The following 1 user Likes Gamma's post:
  • Toad