2 Dirty Socks
0%
0 0%
3 Dirty Socks
100.00%
4 100.00%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

SHAMY WARNING: 8.19 The Skywalker Incursion (April 2)
Hey, I'm not MARRIED to the Bakersfield episode. I just enjoyed the break from the relentless coupledom of Season 6 (and now 7 and 8). I liked the lads in the desert, titting around in their costumes. I've done the same myself. (Albeit dressed as Lawrence of Arabia, and in the Highlands in winter...which was ill-advised...) What I hated, along with everyone else, was the diner scene, with Sheldon crumbling, and agreeing (with the gormless rednecks) that they looked like idiots.

Sheldon's passion and absolute certainty in himself was what drove the show to greatness in the early days. You need a central idealist with a vision, to give a thing duende, or spirit. If he stops to doubt himself, and falters, he and the show tumble back to earth again.

Pre-Bernadamy, the only people who mocked the lads (and Sheldon's vision) were portrayed as neanderthals like Kurt, 'villains' like Kripke or Winkle, or manipulative shallow bints like Alicia. And Penny (I'll get to her in a minute). Now not only are they being mocked repeatedly (or told how lucky they are to have these bullies as wives/girlfriends), but by women they ostensibly chose (although yes, the writers chose them), thus suggesting a level of subconscious self-hatred.

Penny, whilst indulging in a great deal of sarcasm and ribbing, became a friend, cared for and looked after the fuckers (particularly Sheldon) and it was clear on the show, because of this warmth, that her dismissal of their interests never affected them. (Other than Leonard, who immediately tried to sell off his identity to win her approval.) Howard and Raj kept up their exuberant geekery and Sheldon FOUGHT BACK.

[Image: 6_1.gif][Image: 6_2.gif]

This balanced the field, and made it clear to the viewer that;

"Excuse me, Penny, but in this room, you're the one who's peculiar."

Now the lads are once again "the peculiar ones" even though, thanks to the women, they're gradually (and tragically) shedding all their previous identity.

There is a way to fix the show, and that's to break up (happily) at least 2 of the couples, freeing the individual characters within. Sheldon, above all, needs to be returned to his position as the great solitary maniacal sun around which the show orbits.

His life is now only valid as one half of "Shamy", a completely different entity from Sheldon, and a terrible fall from his previous glory.

Once an individual becomes only half of another entity, then the worth of the soul itself is diminished. To then suggest that this half-soul is BETTER than the original soul which was subsumed, is offensive and ludicrous.

A show about 5 independent characters is now a show about 4 couples, comprised of broken down half-characters.

Sheldon and Howard in particular seem to be constantly compromising, sulking or cowering before rude women who were kind enough to "rescue" them from their previous miserable, juvenile (utterly brilliant and delightful) existence.

Penny has completely lost her fire (except for when encouraged in her acting, by Sheldon of all people), Raj appears to have no personality at all at the moment, and Leonard is still quietly in the background saying "here we go", like usual. I suppose we should be thankful ONE thing hasn't changed...

[Image: tumblr_mnsf7z8UpI1qm9fxho1_500.gif]

NB - A reminder that after this week's dubious Shamy episode, which nobody here is watching, there are TWO episodes in a row free of couples! They also look very entertaining, so do tune in, and let's be hopeful, chaps! Then there's the return of Laurie Metcalf and Christine Baranski, and they can do no wrong.
Then the season's over for HQ, because LIKE HELL are we going to watch a couple/coitus-ridden finale.

"I'd rather have a blowfly lay eggs and hatch larvae in my auditory canal..."
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 1 user Likes Idle Miscreant's post:
  • devilbk

Messages In This Thread
RE: 8.19 The Skywalker Incursion - by Louise - 03-27-2015, 03:35 PM
RE: 8.19 The Skywalker Incursion - by lewstonewar - 03-27-2015, 11:11 PM
RE: 8.19 The Skywalker Incursion - by Nutz - 03-29-2015, 07:06 AM
RE: 8.19 The Skywalker Incursion - by Nutz - 03-30-2015, 01:13 AM
RE: 8.19 The Skywalker Incursion - by SpaceAnJL - 04-01-2015, 11:04 PM
RE: 8.19 The Skywalker Incursion - by Nutz - 04-02-2015, 06:13 AM
RE: 8.19 The Skywalker Incursion (April 2) - by Idle Miscreant - 04-09-2015, 08:49 AM