2 Dirty Socks
0%
0 0%
3 Dirty Socks
100.00%
4 100.00%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

SHAMY WARNING: 8.19 The Skywalker Incursion (April 2)
"A speaking engagement at UC Berkeley puts Leonard and Sheldon in a galaxy not too far, far away from their idol George Lucas' Skywalker Ranch, and they consider dropping by. Meanwhile, Howard and Bernadette argue over what to do with his Doctor Who TARDIS, so Raj and Amy try to settle things with a game of table tennis."

The promo photos are out for this episode and can be found here.

[Image: image.jpg1_zpsufvwhhhs.jpg]

This is both a Star Wars and Dr Who themed episode, both of which would I normally promote enthusiastically but I'm placing a warning on this because Amy luring Sheldon into her bedroom using "childish science fiction" which she hates, is so fundamentally wrong, it's gone way beyond creepy. Dodgy
(03-27-2015, 03:11 PM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: Howard and Bernadette argue

[Image: mc3kvo.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes Louise's post:
  • Berliner
The premise for this is just so stupid. "You know we'll be in the neighborhood, let's drop in on our good buddy, George Lucas." What delusional idiot thinks like that? It's not open to the public and they aren't making the new star wars movie there anyway. It's just an effects house now.
The distance from Pasadena to Berkley is a 6 hour drive and they are just going to add another hour out of their way. NBD
The following 2 users Like lewstonewar's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas, Gamma
(03-27-2015, 11:11 PM)lewstonewar Wrote: The premise for this is just so stupid. "You know we'll be in the neighborhood, let's drop in on our good buddy, George Lucas." What delusional idiot thinks like that? It's not open to the public and they aren't making the new star wars movie there anyway. It's just an effects house now.
The distance from Pasadena to Berkley is a 6 hour drive and they are just going to add another hour out of their way. NBD

A look at the writers room:
Look it's almost Star Wars Day and the new movie is opening soon, So lets make sure we have Sheldon and Leonard in the most unrealistic situation imaginable and have them try to get into Skywalker Ranch to see George Lucas (Yes I know its just a effects house now, but it' not like most of our audience knows that and the ones that do are just losers that live in their moms basement and haven't had sex)

Also it's the 10th Anniversary of New Who, this show is HOT right now, so of course we have to put it into this "geek" episode (God knows we don't want to have to do another one of "these" episodes soon) So we'll do a backhanded compliment on how great the show is while letting all these losers know how we really feel about grow men collecting toys, comic books, etc. (Come on find a girl and become normal you losers) oh, we haven't had Amy groom Sheldon in a couple of episodes so lets have the tag be her luring him into her bedroom with the Doctors ship. (See, Amy LOVES him you trolls.)

MorlockPukePukeMorlock
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 3 users Like Nutz's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas, Toad, Gamma
What's that sound? Well that would be the screams of millions of Whovians because you had that "Mary Sue" bitch rip apart and desecrate the TARDIS for some questionable child/adult fantasy.
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 2 users Like Nutz's post:
  • devilbk, lewstonewar
[Image: df4c05900fd9cdb3720a4202d3f6cf96.jpg]

Hhm...
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 6 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Louise, devilbk, Toad, Tuesday Pajamas, lewstonewar, Nutz
(03-30-2015, 01:13 AM)Nutz Wrote: What's that sound? Well that would be the screams of millions of Whovians because you had that "Mary Sue" bitch rip apart and desecrate the TARDIS for some questionable child/adult fantasy.

*SCREAMING*
The following 2 users Like SpaceAnJL's post:
  • devilbk, lewstonewar
(04-01-2015, 01:53 PM)Idle Miscreant Wrote: [Image: df4c05900fd9cdb3720a4202d3f6cf96.jpg]

Hhm...

I love this picture. The Doctor/Rose Tyler relationship kind of reminded me of early Penny/Sheldon.

Rose: Doesn't have her A levels because she ran off with a guy
Penny: Only has a High School diploma because she ran off with a guy

Rose: Has a mind numbing job as a Shop Girl after leaving the jerk boyfriend.
Penny: Has a mind numbing job as a waitress after leaving her jerk boyfriend

Rose: Ends up meeting an arrogant alien genius who can't relate to social situations and "domestics" and helps him navigate human emotions and ends up his soul mate without the shagging (although David Tennant has recently come out and said that the couple were "properly together")
Penny: Ends up meeting an arrogant genius who can't relate to social situations and helps him navigate human emotions and ends up his best friend.

Of course this is a very simplistic comparison, but I started shipping Penny and Sheldon because of the resemblance to The Doctor/Rose.
The following 3 users Like Nutz's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, lewstonewar, Gamma
Oh I totally get that. What did you think of the time he became human, not the meta crisis at the end, but the Family of Blood episode, where he falls for the school teacher? I though that was rather special. I'm actually derailing the Skywalker thread. Shame!
The poll is up is anyone wants to vote and give their opinion on this one. Morlock