FolkLorre
To the writers....

[Image: MrSockpuppet.jpg]
The following 4 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Wisp, Toad, queenoftheDales, Gamma
(03-16-2014, 05:58 AM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: Oh the irony...

This weeks card.

Oh that is gold. The most hilariously depressing thing is that they have NO IDEA that their show is going this way. It's DRAMATIC irony!
HARRISON FORD IS IRRADIATING OUR TESTICLES WITH MICROWAVE SATELLITE TRANSMISSIONS

AND WHO THE FUCK STOLE MY BOILED EGGS?
Inside TV 'Big Bang Theory' mystery: Is Sheldon gay?
By Michael Ausiello and Andy Patrick on Feb 9, 2010 at 12:28PM

Here’s a question that would’ve left Einstein scratching his head: Is Big Bang Theory brainiac Sheldon straight? Gay? Asexual? According to executive producer Chuck Lorre, “other” may be the best way to describe him.

“His entire focus is on the work that he’s doing — theoretical physics,” explains Lorre. “‘Alternate reality’ is another way of looking at it. Characters like Sheldon are drawn to an alternate reality that might be more comforting than the ones they live in. And why modify that? Why not let the character be that unique?”

Well, for one thing, because some viewers are dying to see Sheldon in a relationship. Jim Parsons, who plays the scientist, empathizes. “People want to see him cared for in a way that those of us a little more average have been able to experience through love,” he suggests. “But I also [understand] Chuck’s point that all Sheldon really wants is a Nobel Prize. That’s the warm embrace that he longs for.”

Lorre says it’s unlikely questions surrounding Sheldon’s sexuality will ever be answered. “Why would we have to [brand him ever] if the character is so thoroughly focused on his work?” he argues. “If touching other human beings of any gender is irrelevant to him, why label the thing? Why can’t there be a third gender — male, female and Sheldon?”

For his part, Parsons is more than happy to continue playing the ambiguity of it all. “Do I think that he’s ever going to sway one way or the other? I don’t know,” he says. “If nothing else, it keeps open the world of possibilities.”

Okay, now it’s your turn. Use the space below to explain why you think Cupid should target ol’ Smarty-Pants. While you’re at it, shall we take a vote? Straight, gay or… “other”?

Click here
OH PLEASE...
(03-21-2014, 06:49 AM)thetoadoftruth Wrote: Inside TV 'Big Bang Theory' mystery: Is Sheldon gay?
By Michael Ausiello and Andy Patrick on Feb 9, 2010 at 12:28PM

Here’s a question that would’ve left Einstein scratching his head: Is Big Bang Theory brainiac Sheldon straight? Gay? Asexual? According to executive producer Chuck Lorre, “other” may be the best way to describe him.

“His entire focus is on the work that he’s doing — theoretical physics,” explains Lorre. “‘Alternate reality’ is another way of looking at it. Characters like Sheldon are drawn to an alternate reality that might be more comforting than the ones they live in. And why modify that? Why not let the character be that unique?”

Well, for one thing, because some viewers are dying to see Sheldon in a relationship. Jim Parsons, who plays the scientist, empathizes. “People want to see him cared for in a way that those of us a little more average have been able to experience through love,” he suggests. “But I also [understand] Chuck’s point that all Sheldon really wants is a Nobel Prize. That’s the warm embrace that he longs for.”

Lorre says it’s unlikely questions surrounding Sheldon’s sexuality will ever be answered. “Why would we have to [brand him ever] if the character is so thoroughly focused on his work?” he argues. “If touching other human beings of any gender is irrelevant to him, why label the thing? Why can’t there be a third gender — male, female and Sheldon?”

For his part, Parsons is more than happy to continue playing the ambiguity of it all. “Do I think that he’s ever going to sway one way or the other? I don’t know,” he says. “If nothing else, it keeps open the world of possibilities.”

Okay, now it’s your turn. Use the space below to explain why you think Cupid should target ol’ Smarty-Pants. While you’re at it, shall we take a vote? Straight, gay or… “other”?

Click here

Its just more evidence of Lorre's sell out for rating and money. If he is so adamant about Sheldon's sexual interest around S4 (being that it wasn't the main focus of the character), why did he all of a sudden flip-flop his views? Dodgy

Where do people who write these articles get their information? most of the comments on the article are pro Sheldon as a Lone Wolf. Even as a shenny fan, I'd rather it stay platonic till the end, especially now that I've seen the horror that is EVERY OTHER relationship on this show.
(03-21-2014, 07:05 AM)queenoftheDales Wrote: Its just more evidence of Lorre's sell out for rating and money. If he is so adamant about Sheldon's sexual interest around S4 (being that it wasn't the main focus of the character), why did he all of a sudden flip-flop his views? Dodgy

Where do people who write these articles get their information? most of the comments on the article are pro Sheldon as a Lone Wolf. Even as a shenny fan, I'd rather it stay platonic till the end, especially now that I've seen the horror that is EVERY OTHER relationship on this show.

I totally agree, I'd rather see Sheldon single. Reading that article reminds me of the old days when the audience wanted Sheldon to stay unattached. How and why did they mess with him? If they had left him alone the show would be a classic. Now it's just so drab and ordinary.
[Image: chucklorre_vanity_card_329.png] Me too! [Image: 52c2be70d9b50f524d1619c23800513c.jpg]
[Image: chuck_lorre-522x348.jpg] Those vanity cards give an insight into CL's mindset, but I think it's pretty obvious that a lot of his traits, became Sheldon's; the hypochondria, hobbies, clean living, desires to become an omnipotent cyborg!
'But Lorre works closely on anything that bears his name. He runs the writing rooms of “Two and a Half Men” and “Big Bang,” and is volubly present for every table read, network run-through, camera run-through, pre-shoot, live taping, and sound mixing for all three of his shows. All of Lorre’s shows are multi-camera sitcoms (also known as four-camera sitcoms)'(fromA Simple Medium. Chuck Lorre and the rules of the network sitcom.by Tom Bissell). Although written a few years ago, it shows his dedication/obsession. He was making two sitcoms simultaneously!
[Image: tumblr_lguiukemXB1qh9dbso1_500.gif] It's just like 'Midas touch' Chuck Lorre. He managed to make money, and eleven seasons, of Two and a Half Men. Charlie Sheen was on $2M an episode. Later Chuck apologised!
Of course, knowing that CL was working on both shows simultaneously on adjacent stages on Warner Bros lot; explains the appearance of Charlie Sheen(which is random, otherwise). He just walked over from the other staging area.