Poll: Vote for the episode (open to guest)
3 Penny Blossoms
2 Penny Blossoms
1 Penny Blossom
The Neutral Zone
1 Dirty Sock
2 Dirty Socks
3 Dirty Socks
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
1.02 The Big Bran Hypothesis
Yes, this is Sheldon and Leonard, or Shelnard if you prefer, at their best. You definitely get the sense that no matter how exasperated or mortified Leonard is by Sheldon or how baffled and amused Sheldon is by Leonard, in the final analysis they each have the other's back. Whether it's subduing the chaos of a neighboring galaxy or retrieving a belonging from a terrifying giant (Pilot episode), these two are in it together, come what may.

It's how they relate to, assist, and complement the other that makes me like them as individual characters. That Leonard will capitulate to Sheldon in his organizational frenzy and, later, wordlessly scribble a helpful "Sarcasm," or that Sheldon, recently pantsed, will benignly assure Leonard "it's okay" speaks volumes about their friendship.

And THIS is the show I want/wanted to watch - Leonard acting as a sort of translator for his "peerless" roommate and the world at large, Sheldon putting things into context and perspective from his vantage point of Observer, and Penny filling in the gaps with her blend of pragmatism and real-world knowledge.

Topped off with Howard and Raj as a funky G®eek Chorus of sorts, and shuttling within and between the boundaries of Academia and Nerdvana, theoretically there's more than enough characters and permutations thereof to embark on a lengthy series of adventures, quests, predicaments, challenges, discoveries, setbacks and, ultimately, triumphs.

Theoretically.
OH PLEASE...
The following 9 users Like Toad's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, wellplayedpenny, FlyingMonkey, Gamma, queenoftheDales, Nutz, Jomi25, devilbk, Berliner
I really like this scene between Raj and Penny. The poor man's so discombobulated he goes somewhat mute in his own head and resorts to "singing."

I like internal monologues and feel this is a device they could have used from time to time to give Raj more of a voice. Another funny workaround for the mutism. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but this is the only time we're privy to Raj's thoughts, right?

[Image: 2j5ntkn.jpg]
[Image: 5afbra.jpg]
[Image: 2r5xbiw.jpg]
OH PLEASE...
The following 1 user Likes Toad's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas
Yeah they dropped the mutism way too quickly, by using alcohol. I agree they could have used this technique instead and given the viewers more insight into who Raj was before he discovered booze. Such a shame.
The following 1 user Likes Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Louise
(03-30-2015, 11:33 PM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: Yeah the dropped the mutism way too quickly, by using alcohol. I agree they could have used this technique instead and given the viewers more insight into who Raj was before he discovered booze. Such a shame.

True, it could been used as a device to illustrate the contrasts in his personality drunk v sober.
The following 1 user Likes lewstonewar's post:
  • Louise
(03-30-2015, 07:44 PM)Toad Wrote: this is a device they could have used from time to time to give Raj more of a voice. Another funny workaround for the mutism.

Absolutely. That's a great idea. There could've been so many cute and clever ways to let Raj communicate without doing away with the mutism thing entirely.
I Loved Raj when he was mute. I kind of thought that he was going to be the guy that got the girls without saying a word while Howard (and Leonard) worked so hard for it. (like he did in the Halloween episode). I also thought we would be hearing his thoughts more (not that him whispering into Howards ear wasn't funny) but to hear his one liner inner thoughts on things happening around him while not being able to say it just make makes me happy.
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 2 users Like Nutz's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, queenoftheDales
So, I rewatched, because it helps to rewatch after seeing the new episodes, which disappoints me.

Anyway, I really love this episode. It showed an assertive Penny, who knew how to defend herself. It showed the guys who knew who they were in regards to their love of their superheroes and science. From the Superman conversation to their conversation about the best way to put together the furniture.

It was amazing the differences in the characters and their relationships with each other. I loved how Raj could say nothing and still Penny was able to realize that the boys weren't as bad they seemed when they broke in.

Overall, excellent episode. I loved it. I miss episodes like this.
The following 1 user Likes Jenger's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas