2 Dirty Socks
40.00%
2 40.00%
3 Dirty Socks
20.00%
1 20.00%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

8.18 The Leftover Thermalization (March 12)
Aired March 12, 2015

For all those brave souls who selflessly put themselves in the line of fire to watch and report back on the debacle which replaced our once great show, we reinstate current episode threads.

The HORROR!

Promo photos are out.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/03/the-big...e-818.html

This pic is okay. Sheldon is again looking TOO BLOODY BUFF though. Bring back the skinny arms for heavens sake. This is Sheldon, not Zack.
[Image: The%2BBig%2BBang%2BTheory%2B-%2BEpisode%...hotos.jpeg]
The promo is out for this one.

It's all about saying goodbye to Howards mother.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/03/the-big...818_9.html

I can't get these sneak peeps to play so not sure what's on them

http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/03/the-big...18_11.html

One of them must have Sheldon and Penny together because there were screencaps from Shenny/Jaley FB.

[Image: 11058217_1561947934082963_30122823044775...gkifrj.jpg]
[Image: 11071148_1561947907416299_78511250838080...te7aat.jpg]
These screencaps are from the end of the episode. Everyone is sitting around moaning because they ate too much food. Sheldon was announcing that another publication mentioned their paper and included Leonard in the credits this time.
Oh wow, oh wow, what an adventure.
(03-15-2015, 12:23 AM)Gamma12 Wrote: These screencast are from the end of the episode. Everyone is sitting around moaning because they are too much food. Sheldon was announcing that another publication mentioned their paper and included Leonard in the credits this time.

I can't believe they're devoting three episodes to an unseen character.

ETA: I can't believe there's so much sitting around and moping on this show, when the characters used to be so kinetic, esp. Simon.
The following 1 user Likes Louise's post:
  • Trust No One
(03-15-2015, 12:32 AM)Louise Wrote: I can't believe they're devoting three episodes to an unseen character.

ETA: I can't believe there's so much sitting around and moping on this show, when the characters used to be so kinetic, esp. Simon.

We are lucky if it's only 3 Louise. These characters are all sad scaks. They probably took on the personality of Lorre.
I don't know. I don't think Lorre has as much to do with the show anymore. He's doing other things.

They look so bored in those pictures. I fear the next few years will them all sitting around, getting fat and having babies. *sigh*

I don't think it was necessary to kill off Mrs W at all. There were ways to keep the characters alive. All this drama is not good for the show, but that's just my preference.
(03-15-2015, 01:49 AM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: I don't know. I don't think Lorre has as much to do with the show anymore. He's doing other things.

They look so bored in those pictures. I fear the next few years will them all sitting around, getting fat and having babies. *sigh*

I don't think it was necessary to kill off Mrs W at all. There were ways to keep the characters alive. All this drama is not good for the show, but that's just my preference.

Lorre already did the damage though.

I know I'm bored of this show. Hard to believe the actors cannot be bored.

I'm so done with the Mrs. W storyline.
(03-15-2015, 12:32 AM)Louise Wrote: I can't believe they're devoting three episodes to an unseen character.

Well its worse than that, I think Howard dealing with his mother's death is going to be around a few more episodes. And you are right Louise, everything is dark and static. The wardrobe, the set, the dialogue, certainly the couples are nothing but dark and boring. This show use to be so kinetic.Morlock

As far as I can see this episode was one long set up for a very tired joke. The Sheldon and Leonard bickering was a little over the top. Yes, I understand why Leonard was upset, but Sheldon wasn't the one that left his name out of the article and Sheldon did tell the interviewer that Leonard was part of the paper. We learn later that Sheldon didn't correct the interviewer when he called Sheldon the lead author, but there is nothing in the episode that points to Leonard knowing that. So basically we get an episode where both Leonard and Sheldon act like children and continue a truly pointless fight into what is suppose to be a (I assume) a moving moment as Howard gathers his friends to share the last food his mother cooked. This leads to the "joke" - Bernadette hauling Sheldon and Leonard away from the dining table to yell at them in Howard's moms voice. Sock

Simons a good actor and he did a good job with the material he was given, but the writing has become so lazy that there really isn't much there. Also, I know this is nitpicky, how did they cook all that food on one gas stove. No electricity so they couldn't use a microwave, crockpot or any other appliance(if I cared more about what was going on in the episode that wouldn't bother me). Dodgy

Here is the review from the av club. They were not too impressed either.

http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/big-bang-th...ion-216518
Oh wow, oh wow, what an adventure.
AV club have a new reviewer, Kyle Fowle who seems more in touch with public opinion. The guy last season would literally make excuses for the show and the comment section was full of disagreement over his reviews. Still it's too little, too late, for me, the show has been dying for years and they keep bringing in new characters or guest stars to prop it up. This episode does seem particularly awful but he still gives it a generous C-. He did write this though.

"Leonard constantly needs to be assured that he’s doing a good job (which sums up his relationship with Penny in a nutshell)"

After reading the comments over there, I think the writers are trying to drive a wedge between Sheldon and Leonard, so the public will accept a change in their living arrangements. Sheldon and Leonard in 4A, is the cog around which the show was built ,but it's also the biggest hurdle to satisfying the rom-commers who want domesticity. So instead of approaching it sensitively they take a huge hatchet to their friendship.
Oh boy, I hear that Raj couldn't pronounce 'Thor' in this new episode.

Season 1.
[Image: tumblr_m6d2enEdfz1qb7xc3o1_500.gif]