Poll: Vote for this episode (Guests welcome)
3 Penny Blossoms
2 Penny Blossoms
1 Penny Blossom
The Neutral Zone
1 Dirty Sock
2 Dirty Socks
3 Dirty Socks
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
0.00 The Unaired Pilot
Inspired by Louise's Vintage Haven, we bring you The Rewind Imperative.

Starting with The Unaired Pilot on Thursday 12th March 2015

Please note: This is the first poll open to guests. Only members can post but guests can cast their vote.

[Image: Unaired33.png]

This Thursday will be the first of our weekly re-runs of the vintage BB episodes. I know the Unaired Pilot was never shown but it will be interested to hear the opinion of the forum.

What influence did this original vision have on the show?

What did they change and why?

What different about the characters/premise of the show?

Please watch The Unaired Pilot on or around Thursday, post your thoughts here and vote in the poll. Blossom

[Image: MMbbt04.gif]
Posting these now in preparation for Thursday for anyone who doesn't have this non-epsiode.

If you haven't seen it, be warned, this is not what you'd expect. The Unaired Pilot was produced for 2006 and failed to get picked up. It's quite different to the finished Pilot we'll be watching next week. Unfortunately these links don't have the original theme tune which was 'Blinded me with science'.

But impressions please....Smile

Sheldon OMG...

MY RETINAS!!! X.X

This BBT has to be from another universe...one that is really really far away from ours. Sheldon had some familiar quirks, except for what we know him as, which is being asexual and not drinking alcoholic beverages. And this "Penny" had a dark personality. Gosh, this was positively terrifying to watch.
http://video.anyfiles.pl/TBBT+1x00+Unair...ideo/78111

Here is a link with the whole pilot and you can hear the song during the video.
Oh wow, oh wow, what an adventure.
I've DL-ed this out of curiosity before. It really is very different from the BBT we have now. The girl here was too...intense? I can't imagine how the boys on the final version would have acted with her around instead of sweet Penny.

And interesting how the whiteboard flirting scene is also in the unaired version. I certainly prefer the one with Kaley. Glad they retained that scene for the actual pilot 'coz that was definitely what made me root for Shenny.

I definitely prefer the final BBT version. Would've been interesting to see at least two more episodes from the unaired version though just to see how things played out a bit more.
I never thought I's watch the unaired pilot and find it better than the bastarding pile of shite we've got now
HARRISON FORD IS IRRADIATING OUR TESTICLES WITH MICROWAVE SATELLITE TRANSMISSIONS

AND WHO THE FUCK STOLE MY BOILED EGGS?
Don't read the latest taping report Wisp, it's more horrifying than you can even imagine.
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
Could it be? Shamy intercourse? i'm at the point where I'm just about jaded enough to not really care, so I'll give it a read through my fingers.
HARRISON FORD IS IRRADIATING OUR TESTICLES WITH MICROWAVE SATELLITE TRANSMISSIONS

AND WHO THE FUCK STOLE MY BOILED EGGS?
No of course not. That's in three weeks or so. If it were NOW, we'd all be busy screaming into a bucket of bleach, and trying to tear the remnants of the image from our retinas, watching with bleary eyes and aching hearts as Sheldon's character and soul finally dissolves like a Toon into a cauldron of DIP (Roger Rabbit anyone?) But this isn't the thread to discuss it.

I STILL haven't watched this unaired Pilot. Fucking GET ON it you idle bastard...
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
1)Katie has nothing charming about her. Despite being blonde and tiny, there is a darkness about her which makes her come off predatory and aggressive. One could never imagine 'shipping her with anyone except maybe Gilda because her self-awareness and forthrightness seems to put the two of them on a more even playing field.

2)It's weird that the jacket survived the pilot to appear prominently in the actual series.

3)They are more stable financially in the series, I'm guessing it's because a) it was a major plot point in Roseanne and anything that reminds CL of the fights regarding that still leaves a bad taste in his mouth. b) the product placement deal with DC meant they had to have enough disposable income to acquire the placed products without selling them out of desperation for food money.