8.16 The Intimacy Acceleration (Feb 26)
"I'm like a human bowl of tomato soup."
[Image: B-jWeBJIQAAJ8zg.png][Image: B-jWbt1IEAAe-8a.png]
Big Grin

Link to short Promo is HERE: The Intimacy Acceleration Promo 1
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 3 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas, Del Fino, Jomi25
Can't stand that top they put her in. It's so shapeless.
Maybe it's so people focus on her face? No distractions. And no I'm not being lewd.

Blanking out the rest of the 'canvas' might aid in creating the focus appropriate to a four minute stare-athon.
No Gripe, they've been dressing her like this all season. Penny's new mature adult look. Couture calculated to not change in the event Kaley gets pregnant.
(02-18-2015, 02:32 PM)Louise Wrote: Very sad, PJ.

And it will be. Moreno and Lorre are sick of telling us Shenny hate each other like family, so they'll have Penny tell Sheldon that she thinks of him as her brother, and Sheldon tells her that he thinks of her as his mother. I figure it will be all kinds of weird and wrong, since what they're scripted to say will go against the chemistry they have on screen.

(02-24-2015, 07:01 AM)devilbk Wrote: No Gripe, they've been dressing her like this all season. Penny's new mature adult look. Couture calculated to not change in the event Kaley gets pregnant.

Actually, they've been dressing her like this since last year. (It's just been getting worse). How can anyone forget that hideous purple sweater with the yarn horse on it from "Table" (That thing gave me nightmares) This season has been the medical assistant scrub shirts that were bought a size bigger and that have all the quality of a Walmart "bargain".
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 1 user Likes Nutz's post:
  • devilbk
(02-24-2015, 09:40 AM)Nutz Wrote: And it will be. Moreno and Lorre are sick of telling us Shenny hate each other like family, so they'll have Penny tell Sheldon that she thinks of him as her brother, and Sheldon tells her that he thinks of her as his mother. I figure it will be all kinds of weird and wrong, since what they're scripted to say will go against the chemistry they have on screen.

Surely the writers can't be THAT naive. Confused as if having this storyline and using the words brother/sister/mother would make a blind bit of difference. I ship them for their personalities and happen to think they'd make a more interesting pair. Canon has always been irrelevant to my preference, so why would canon change that?

But this love experiment is an odd choice for Sheldon and Penny so I see what you mean. For an experiment like this to be taken seriously, the participants would have to be single. Not engaged, etc to other people.
The following 1 user Likes Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Idle Miscreant
Really like that line though...

"I'm like a human bowl of tomato soup."

[Image: IMG_2343-001.jpg]

LOL!
[Image: c682128f78753ef1b48227b6f76f999c.jpg]

Technically speaking, there's no point in pursuing an experiment in which you are assured of the outcome. Sheldon (let's pretend he's real eh?), in engaging in such activity, is affirming by default the possibility that he and Penny might indeed fall in love, and he proceeds regardless.

If he were so certain of outcome, then as a scientist he wouldn't bother. Penny just wants to pry intimate details out of him - what's HIS excuse?

I'm not going to fall into the murky pit I see so many folk on other forums wade into, of ascribing private motivations to these fictional characters, and then assuming their own "headcanon" is accurate. This is a simple, logical, disinterested observation.

I don't think Sheldon does anything for "deeper reasons" simply because he's not an independent entity of individual, private volition. He's made-up anew every week by six or more people. Very clever people, but ones with differing, possibly conflicting views. Like any group. And I think this transfers to Sheldon sometimes, particularly now that he's not so "Sheldonic", and seems to be able to be drawn in a different light or direction every episode.

Why I prefer the early Sheldon is partially because he adheres more rigidly to a Sheldonic Blueprint, or plan. He has 10 or so charming, defining traits, and he doesn't deviate. This gives him internal consistency, which gives him validity, which gives him LIFE. I believe in early Sheldon because he was consistent. Humans ARE consistent. They don't suddenly veer off and acquire different voices and mannerisms, and do a complete 180 on their previous principles and passions. Unless they've had a head injury, or joined a cult.
This has evidently happened to Sheldon off-screen, because of those 10 traits, he only has about 3 left.

"I ship them for their personalities and happen to think they'd make a more interesting pair. Canon has always been irrelevant to my preference, so why would canon change that?"

I absolutely agree PJ, it's a character ship, not an episode dependent one, and the characters were established brilliantly in the first 3 seasons. The fact that these characters (for whatever unknown but I'll-have-a-stab-in-the-dark reason) have gone in a completely different direction these past few years makes no difference to the original creations.
TPTB (whoever they are) want to turn Sheldon into an infantile manbag? Fine! We'll stick with the original independent genius. These new seasons similarly don't affect the concept of Shenny in the slightest. Therefore the notion of "killing" the Shenny is not only bizarre, but impossible.

I have no interest in Sheldon Mark 2, as he bears only passing resemblance to the character I found so enthralling to begin with. But I do find he returns vaguely to his old self around Penny more than anyone. Then Leonard. Presumably this also has to do with Jim and Kaley's interaction going back a good eight years. Fall into the old rhythm.
So I'm hoping for a brief flash of Vintage Sheldon before he burns out like a firefly in a (matrimonial, suburban) jar...

Morlock

Anyroad, as Louise said in the Grumblebox, it's all very interesting! Wine
The following 7 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas, Louise, Nutz, queenoftheDales, devilbk, Gamma, Toad
Well troops we are almost there and this image was just too darn easy to manip into this so...

Fellow Shennys...

This may be our final Shenny story.

[Image: intimacy-wars_zpsbb1yy19l.png]
The following 3 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • devilbk, Idle Miscreant, Toad
Remember, I'm Lando.

[Image: Lando_Calrissian.jpg]

I don't want to have to fight anyone about this.

SNEAK PEEKS 1 and 2 ~

Nice save Sheldon... Wine
The following 3 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • devilbk, Toad, Gamma