0 0%
3 Dirty Socks
0%
0 0%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

8.16 The Intimacy Acceleration (Feb 26)
The official synopsis:

“The Intimacy Acceleration” – As a joke, Sheldon and Penny try an experiment designed to make participants fall in love. Also, Leonard, Amy, Raj and Emily spend the evening trying to escape a room with a “zombie.” And, after returning from Mrs. Wolowitz’ funeral, Bernadette and Howard run into trouble at the airport"

The photos are out.

This one is kind of hot.

[Image: full-image-2_zpsv2ihluj5.jpg]

Reminiscent of The Spaghetti Catalyst.

[Image: full-image-1_zps36s5yetp.jpg]

The rest can be found here:

http://www.spoilertv.co.uk/images/the-bi...bc.jpg.php Big Grin
The following 4 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Toad, FlyingSolo, Idle Miscreant, Jomi25
Oh mah goodness, they look so freakin' hot together! *fans herself profusely*
Aren't they dashing? Tongue I can still see a bit of the old chemistry there after all this time.

And as Gripe posted out, there's another S/P image. (yes this is Penny's sad face)

[Image: 106027_D0312b_FULL_zpsatrlt4bv.jpg]
The following 3 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, FlyingSolo, Jomi25
Penny's "d'aww faces" to Sheldon crack me up.

[Image: tumblr_ln7nkhKgAu1qbxvrso1_500.gif]

You know who else is dashing? This man!
[Image: dickturpin.jpg?1390900046]

As the keen and gimlet-eyed Toad has pointed out, it's the return of the Panty Pinata shirt:

[Image: The-Panty-Pinata-Polarization-penny-and-...80-720.jpg]

How many goddamn shirts does that fecker have...?
Superman shirts alone...! I ask you.

[Image: 1x2-sheldon-light-blue-superman-tee.jpg]
[Image: tv-the_big_bang_theory-2007_-sheldon_coo...95x335.jpg]
[Image: tv-the_big_bang_theory-2007_-sheldon_coo...95x335.jpg]
[Image: 2012-03-15-sheldon-cooper-jim-parsons-su...-shirt.jpg]
[Image: 35._black_distressed_superman_logo.jpg]

Missed one! Er....classy!
[Image: hqdefault.jpg]
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 2 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Toad, Jomi25
If the ep is good, maybe Shennies should just start posting the phrase "8.16" all over the place, with no other comment, sort of like "Killroy was Here", or like how evangelists write "John 3.16" everywhere.
Given the way the writers are taking things this season, I think most Shenny's are just hoping for one final scene. After this, the show will all dinner parties and Amy.
(02-18-2015, 02:29 PM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: Given the way the writers are taking things this season, I think most Shenny's are just hoping for one final scene. After this, the show will all dinner parties and Amy.

Very sad, PJ.
Well I can't speak for everyone, I think the show is extremely fixed and expect no change.

Some Shenny's are excited about this episode though, a handful on twitter. Smile
If we think about it, they could be gearing up for a change of 'couples dynamics' into the latter end of the series, now that it's renewed for further episodes. Especially if, after watching this episode, we all read waaay more subtext into the Shenny scenes than most Lenny or Shamy fans could. It's that, or the writers are just trying to throw our ship under the final bus to completely destroy whatever hope we ever had.

Quote:If the ep is good, maybe Shennies should just start posting the phrase "8.16" all over the place, with no other comment, sort of like "Killroy was Here", or like how evangelists write "John 3.16" everywhere.

I'm definitely going to do this Big Grin.
[Image: lost_paladin_banner_by_milleniumring-d8i4gzv.jpg]
I have to say that I'm not looking forward to this episode - I haven't been able to watch any Shenny scenes since season 6 (and there haven't been that many) without cringing because of JP's voice. Damn him!

But I also think that a large part of my disappointment comes from the fact that these types of scenes (there have been two so far) just fall flat because the writers are just too chicken to do anything daring with them. For pit's sake, it's an AU type scenario so anything can and should happen. At this stage, I'm not so blinkered to think that Shenny will be endgame - but I would have been satisfied with scenarios like this if they were done better.

You'd think that scenes like this would be bolder/more daring because they would have no repercussions beyond the very episodes in which they are played out. Take for instance the imaginary laundry room scene from season 7, would it have killed the writers to have the kiss actually play out on screen? Seriously, it baffles me how tame (a word which coincidentally rhymes with lame) these writers have been with this. Speaking of dream sequences, the one is season 4 of BTVS involving Buffy and Spike springs to mind. Joss Whedon is a man who knows his stuff. Even if Spuffy didn't actually happen in the show, I was completely happy with the nuggets of fun and the possibilities explored in episodes like Something Blue et al.

Alas, TBBT writers/producers are a different breed entirely. And it seems that they suffer from a lack of imagination just like the rest of the fandom. It would please me more if they just stop with this nonsense and get back to the bog standard Shenny scenes they are so used to churning out recently.
The following 5 users Like spuffyfan's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas, Idle Miscreant, devilbk, Toad, Jomi25