Later season scenes that are signficant.
If anyone wants me to change the location of this thread, or just scrap it and post this idea in an already-existing thread, I certainly will.

Anywayyyy...I was thinking was could have a thread about post-Season-4 scenes/moments that we actually like, or are glad for the existence of.
(Wow, not grammatical.) Maybe you don't enjoy them in the same way that you'd enjoy an early-seasons scene, but something about them is significant. I'm thinking in terms of individual scenes/moments/concepts, moreso than episodes. Even most of S4 and large chunks of S3 are beyond the pale to me, personally, but there are still many nuggets I can enjoy, there.

Beyond S4, there aren't many fave moments, for me. I think I've barely watched a single frame of S6, S7, or S8.

These are the only ones that come to my mind:

S5 is wretchedness, but I like the Kissing Machine (IIRC this is 5.02.) It is very cute. I like it much better than the *actual* "accidental kiss" between H&R in Season 4, which I don't like at all, hardly. That scene--the Boyfriend Complexity one--is so contrived and cringey, and it kind of makes a mockery of the very idea that two guys would ever want to kiss each other. Love triangles are a personal squick of mine. Ironically enough, IMO the kissing machine seems much more natural and sincere, for something so un-natural, and it's funny, too.

As I've mentioned, I think Raj talking to Siri, and Howard peeling the plastic off Raj's new phone is adorable.

Howard using sign language with the deaf girl on Raj's behalf is very cute.

I also think SH/Howard had some very cute outfits and belt buckes in S4/S5, so I like seeing that.

43rd Peculiarity is not bad. (S6, and the last episode to date which has no A or B whatsoever.)

Other than that...yeah. Confused I'm glad those scenes exist, and I'd be sad if they somehow went away, but they still don't make the existence of the later seasons worthwhile. I'd gladly sacrifice all of that, if the crappy stuff went along with it, into oblivion. S5 is the disastrous season which finished the dirty work begun by S4.

Clearly, I don't have much to contribute to this thread, myself, but I am curious to see where/when Sheldon Purists and Shennies have found trace elements of Vintage Sheldon, during the End Times™. (if you want.)
The following 1 user Likes Louise's post:
  • Toad
I read the synopsis for this thread and the first episode/scene that came to mind was The Scavenger Vortex. This is a episode was the 2nd one of season 7 (right???)

Anyways, this episode looked like it was gonna set the pace for the rest of the season. After a lackluster and almost downright bad season 4-6, I didn't expect much for S7, but it started with a bang (or at least a small one Smile)

Not only did Vintage Sheldon ghost thru the episode, but so did Vintage Penny. She wasn't a sad sack; she was full of energy and played off of Sheldon well. I know that I was tired of seeing the usual pairing so it was nice to see the gang teamed up differently.

The one thing I would have changed is to have it so Raj and Howard teamed up. Doesnt it seem like Raj is barely there? Undecided

Either way, this was a good one.

[Image: cd3471cab74143f7f891477a8cfc920e.jpg]
The following 3 users Like queenoftheDales's post:
  • Louise, Idle Miscreant, Jomi25
There are a few good ones, or good scenes so I say we keep the thread. Last season I really liked Sheldon and Penny doing yoga. His face! Big Grin

[Image: OR1.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_ncdwuobpw51s37tejo3_250.gif]

It just reminds me of this...Soft Kitty Which I LOVE!!

[Image: tumblr_m09gl002NL1r9ljhqo1_500.gif]

Sheldon's got a lot more flexible in the later seasons.
The following 1 user Likes Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Louise
I particularly enjoyed watching Sheldon and Penny team up in "The Anything Can Happen Recurrence" episode from the seventh Season. Everyone b*tched on the Shenny for complaining about their future careers, but they fought back and even bonded over dinner and other activities. I love how these two characters always openly talk to each other about themselves. There are no barriers as we always see between the Lenny and the Shamy couples. That is what a real relationship should be like. Apart from chemistry, there has to be substance between the two people involved. The Shenny definitely has this Big Grin. And of course, the best part of this episode happened when even Amy acknowledged that Sheldon and Penny are close to each other.

[Image: Tumblr_n3v2czpnaN1rn4qwao6_1280_(1).jpg]
The following 5 users Like FlyingSolo's post:
  • queenoftheDales, Gamma, lewstonewar, Jomi25, chaotic temptation