Wild TBBT Cast Sightings
There are few things more unsatisfying than liking a character that BARELY SHOWS UP.
HARRISON FORD IS IRRADIATING OUR TESTICLES WITH MICROWAVE SATELLITE TRANSMISSIONS

AND WHO THE FUCK STOLE MY BOILED EGGS?
'Two and a Half Deaths' CSI written by Chuck Lorre and Lee Aronsohn. Kevin Sussman plays a writer,Don. Couldn't find pic, but like this one! [Image: 42380.gif]
The following 3 users Like ricardo shillyshally's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, Wisp, Tuesday Pajamas
I've been watching the old seasons of The Amazing Race and guess who is a contestant in season 7 in 2005? Brian Smith (aka Zack) and his brother.

[Image: 111150__briangreg_l.jpg]
[Image: 317px-BrianGregEliminated.png]
The following 1 user Likes queenoftheDales's post:
  • Idle Miscreant
(07-30-2014, 02:43 AM)pilot fish Wrote: 'Two and a Half Deaths' CSI written by Chuck Lorre and Lee Aronsohn. Kevin Sussman plays a writer,Don. Couldn't find pic, but like this one! [Image: 42380.gif]

The hair. The damn hair. Tongue
HARRISON FORD IS IRRADIATING OUR TESTICLES WITH MICROWAVE SATELLITE TRANSMISSIONS

AND WHO THE FUCK STOLE MY BOILED EGGS?
The following 1 user Likes Wisp's post:
  • Nutz
Jim Parsons partcipated in the Ice Bucket challenge to help spread awareness and raise money for the ALS association.

[Image: tumblr_nagsouSvDo1r34jyyo2_r1_250.gif]
[Image: tumblr_nagsouSvDo1r34jyyo1_250.gif]

There are many other gifs in slow motion and whatnot but y'all are gonna have to brave the SIcK land mines yourselves for that....
(08-18-2014, 04:48 AM)queenoftheDales Wrote: There are many other gifs in slow motion and whatnot but y'all are gonna have to brave the SIcK land mines yourselves for that....

No thank you.
Aside from which, I fancy Parsons as the rather insectile and haughty alien of the Homo Novus years, not when he's all swimsuit calender....
Never bloody understood why women who self-professedly "adore" Sheldon, like him most when he looks and behaves in entirely unSheldonic ways.
Sheldon as he iconically exits (ie, in the first four years and as responsible for the show's fame) is a thin, androgynous, asexual, devoted to science, yet these women want him bulky, traditionally masculine, romantic, and preferably having shower sex.
That is not Sheldon. That is Kurt. Or Zack.

The fact that the show is listening to the screaming ovaries of such women and changing Sheldon to fit their fantasies is the biggest travesty of art I have ever encountered on television.
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
(08-18-2014, 07:03 AM)Idle Miscreant Wrote: No thank you.
Aside from which, I fancy Parsons as the rather insectile and haughty alien of the Homo Novus years, not when he's all swimsuit calender....
Never bloody understood why women who self-professedly "adore" Sheldon, like him most when he looks and behaves in entirely unSheldonic ways.
Sheldon as he iconically exits (ie, in the first four years and as responsible for the show's fame) is a thin, androgynous, asexual, devoted to science, yet these women want him bulky, traditionally masculine, romantic, and preferably having shower sex.
That is not Sheldon. That is Kurt. Or Zack.

The fact that the show is listening to the screaming ovaries of such women and changing Sheldon to fit their fantasies is the biggest travesty of art I have ever encountered on television.

Agreed. I much preferred Parsons (in a suit, the man looks good in a suit) before the popularity enema and the insta-gramming.

They are mucking up the JP/Sheldon tag with swooning about his biceps and ass.
Dodgy I just don't get it.
So much for a 'relationship of the mind' with the audience regarding Sheldon--which is silly considering Sheldon is a construct *of* the mind and deviating from the concept means you're not really talking about Sheldon anymore. My philosophy is rough but isn't this a case of the 'Socratic 'chair' with Sheldon the ideal and watching JP doing his best Sheldon impression (and subsequently coming out with more and more inferior versions as the seasons have gone on and the characterization has deviated)? Blush Man I so suck at the intellectual stuff.
Let's go exploring!
The following 2 users Like wellplayedpenny's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, Nutz
It is obvious that Jim's physique has changed over the seasons. He obviously works out, and they use the long sleeve under T shirts, plus his posture, to minimize this. There is always some cross over between actor, and character. I wonder if Jim is ever overwhelmed by Sheldon(he's such a strong, unique character)? Sheldon is a concept.
Well I know he's probably not challenged anymore. I spent a lot of time between seasons 2 - 5 as a studio audience member and during that time Jim WAS Sheldon. While the rest of the cast was teasing each other and jumping or dancing around during takes, Jim was completely buried in his script. There was no time to be a fool when he had all those scientific lines, general minutiae babble, and character ticks to remember. Plus he was the one least likely of the cast to break character or mess up a line.

From the taping Reports now it sounds like he acts like a frat boy at his first party with girls (sigh)
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 2 users Like Nutz's post:
  • wellplayedpenny, queenoftheDales