Life on Mars
Now I know this was a while ago and it was only 16 episodes but I've just finished life on Mars and it is GREAT!

Brilliant ending as well.

[Image: lifeonmars460.jpg]

Anyone else here a fan?

[Image: life3.jpg]

I know there was a US version made but I don't know if it could be this good, so I'm a bit cautious to give it a go.
The following 1 user Likes Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • devilbk
(12-20-2014, 06:31 AM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: Now I know this was a while ago and it was only 16 episodes but I've just finished life on Mars and it is GREAT!

Brilliant ending as well.

[Image: lifeonmars460.jpg]

Anyone else here a fan?

[Image: life3.jpg]

I know there was a US version made but I don't know if it could be this good, so I'm a bit cautious to give it a go.

Yup. Far superior to the American knockoff. Though the casting on that was pretty amazing.
Gene Hunt is everything appalling and horrible, and yet, he's got a weird charm.
Life on Mars was my guilty pleasure when I was over in the states for two years. I hadn't watched it before - hadn't even heard of it - but I had just watched 'The End of Time' from Doctor Who and I needed to see what else John Simm had been in. I have a problem, I'm aware. I missed my good ole English accents after hearing American twang for a time - and some Mexican because there was a fair bit in Connecticut, oddly - so when I found Life on Mars, bam, it was on my telly all the time until I came back home.

Gene Hunt is just a bloke. He's every bully's nightmare, every nerd's deepest fear, the guy you never want to get on the wrong side of. Yet, time and again Sam Tyler did just that. Poor Sam. I loved re-watching the first episode. It had such a strong pull to it, because we didn't know if Sam was alive, dead, insane or an actual Time-Traveller. The last point is kind of funny because, hey, he's a Time Lord a year or so after this series Big Grin.

I've not seen the American version, because they do have a lot of copied shows over there that don't seem to work out too well (like Being Human). It got more episodes than ours did, but I heard they didn't have the same substance in the end compared with the original Life on Mars.

Incidentally, I went out and got David Bowie's 'Life on Mars' track after watching this too Smile.
[Image: lost_paladin_banner_by_milleniumring-d8i4gzv.jpg]