The Episode of Truth (see what I did there)
Here's my premise. If you were able to show each cast member a classic episode in order to help them get their mojo back (because they've absolutely lost it) which episode would you show them and why?
The following 1 user Likes devilbk's post:
  • Idle Miscreant
(12-05-2014, 05:08 AM)devilbk Wrote: Here's my premise. If you were able to show each cast member a classic episode in order to help them get their mojo back (because they've absolutely lost it) which episode would you show them and why?

Well, I think SH should've gotten* a Best Supporting Actor Emmy for Gothowitz Deviation or maybe Robotic Manipulation. If he ever gets one *now*, it'll be for some sappy, hugging-and-crying ep. like the Letter....

ETA: interesting post, btw.

*or if not won, then at least been nominated.
The following 1 user Likes Louise's post:
  • devilbk
I would pick The Jiminy Conjecture to show Jim. Sheldon and Penny were both just baffled by each other. Sheldon was still Vintage. Brilliant, cocksure but socially clueless, not the childish buffoon he's turned into. The scene by the mailboxes was brilliant. We don't get to see that anymore.
The following 2 users Like FlyingMonkey's post:
  • devilbk, Louise
I never meant to take so long with this. I'm hampered at the moment by not having a DVD player and have been rifling through my dependably unreliable memory. Recently though I had opportunity to watch The Financial Permeability, and, wow, after paddling through the swill of the recent seasons it was like diving into a pool of cool, crystal clear water.

So after that watery simile...

Look at how Jim holds himself in these frames.

[Image: 2py26nl.jpg]
[Image: b5phqa.jpg]
[Image: 2wrdbnd.jpg]

And there's nothing slouchy about his performance either. He's calm and precise. And, consequently, magnetic. He's not bumbling about and shouting his lines. It's a thing of beauty really. Parsons knew then how to make Sheldon a larger than life character merely by self-assuredly believing in Sheldon's internal logic. Alas, it's as if he's lost that belief and focus (or perhaps just can't reconcile Boyfriend!Sheldon with Classic!Sheldon, and who can blame him?) and is self-consciously overcompensating by hamming around and amping up the volume.
OH PLEASE...
The following 8 users Like Toad's post:
  • devilbk, Tuesday Pajamas, spuffyfan, Idle Miscreant, Louise, queenoftheDales, Berliner, Gamma
Panty piñata, to remind Sheldon and Penny of when they had fire and chemistry and actual fun.
The following 2 users Like SpaceAnJL's post:
  • Louise, devilbk
Ditto on Panty Pinata. As good as the Sheldon/Penny interaction is the Howard/Raj plot was so strong, interesting and funny that the entire episode was balanced.
Let's go exploring!
These are all great eps.
For the group as a whole it would have an A Plot (Penny and Sheldon) and a B Plot (Howard, Leonard, and Raj)
Pancake Batter
Adhesive Duck
Vegas

There is just something about these episodes that make me happy. I'll have to get back to you on individual episodes for the characters.
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 3 users Like Nutz's post:
  • Louise, Tuesday Pajamas, devilbk
(12-09-2014, 01:11 PM)Nutz Wrote: For the group as a whole it would have an A Plot (Penny and Sheldon) and a B Plot (Howard, Leonard, and Raj)
Pancake Batter
Adhesive Duck
Vegas

There is just something about these episodes that make me happy. I'll have to get back to you on individual episodes for the characters.

I was going to say Pancake Batter or Adhesive Duck as an example to present to JP Big Grin. In these episodes, I like how JP manages to expands Sheldon some without falling completely out of character. (These are all S2-S3 episodes, so I think it's safe to say that the character traits are pretty solid by now).

Terminator Decoupling is a good one too. I'm not 100 percent sure that episode had a definite A/B plot, but it's still a good group episode. I much prefer the Leonard/Raj/Howard grouping. It seems like JG doesn't oversell the "nervous nice guy" crap when his character isn't dealing with a woman and he is so much more tolerable on screen.
The following 2 users Like queenoftheDales's post:
  • Gamma, Tuesday Pajamas