The Human side of Sheldon
I think it all goes back to the notion that the vision of the show has changed and the writers are not up to the task of doing it. It's really a sad tale where TPTB don't value the qualities of their own show in the first 3 seasons. What made it pop in terms of writing and dialogue and characterization that, in the hands of a capable cast, was pure magic. Instead, there seems to have been a group meeting where the direction of the show was discussed and the consensus was that it needed to 'mature' to 'grow' and the initial sit com formula they came up with wouldn't fit the bill. So they looked to other formulas such as the rom-com and the dramedy for ideas and tried to cram them into the show and do a 'ta da! We present to you--growth!'

Unfortunately, this 'growth' has been more of a tumor than a pair of wings as they are poorly written to the point where we wonder if they're sifting through the very worst fan fiction has to offer for plot points. More importantly, they've poisoned the comedic chemistry that's at the heart of the show and I really don't see them regaining it.

It's absolutely baffling to me that they can't see the brilliance that is Panty Pinata or Big Bran and instead are rewriting earlier episodes so they fit into the new vision of the show. As if they're correcting 'mistakes'. Or 'improving' what really didn't need to be touched. It's like I think someone should have had an intervention where they stood up and said, 'guys, you're making a great show. It's working. A show can be funny and well crafted and if the awards don't come now they will and if not fuck 'em cuz we made ourselves a classic.'

An irony that a show about individuals is ultimately seen as too different by its creators and in need of mainstream conformity.
Let's go exploring!
The following 4 users Like wellplayedpenny's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, Louise, Gamma, Berliner

Messages In This Thread
The Human side of Sheldon - by Tuesday Pajamas - 11-30-2014, 08:54 PM
RE: The Human side of Sheldon - by devilbk - 12-01-2014, 04:54 AM
RE: The Human side of Sheldon - by FlyingMonkey - 12-01-2014, 05:57 AM
RE: The Human side of Sheldon - by Idle Miscreant - 12-01-2014, 06:20 AM
RE: The Human side of Sheldon - by Louise - 12-09-2014, 01:08 PM
RE: The Human side of Sheldon - by Louise - 12-10-2014, 01:08 PM
RE: The Human side of Sheldon - by wellplayedpenny - 12-11-2014, 09:40 AM
RE: The Human side of Sheldon - by Louise - 12-11-2014, 09:58 AM