Proposing a thread/category
(09-05-2014, 10:31 PM)ricardo shillyshally Wrote: Can we have a thread where we can basically dump all our ill feelings towards a character, a scene, a belief(widely held about TBBT, which we see differently), even a whole episode. I've got some things I want to say about AFF concerning body hair removal. I'm still traumatised! I'm not very good at deciding which episodes are best, voting scenarios, or choosing thread titles; The Abyss, I don't know!

Haven't you just described this forum? The entire place is a process of catharsis.
But what you're essentially asking is that instead of grumbling all over the joint, we all grumble in one thread? THINK OF THE CROWDS MAN!

Considering there's only two villains around here, and they both have their own thread in Green Lantern's Arse, I think that would probably be the best place to take any Fowler-induced trauma. She greatly aggravates me on a variety of levels as well Pilot, and I'd prefer personally not to have to encounter her all over the public forum as well. The only other characters people seem to dislike are David Underhanded, Alicia, and Speckerman, and I don't think they warrant their own thread.

As for problems with specific scenes, if they're Vintage scenes, we could perhaps have a Quibble thread in Mint in Box? (Although there's only about three scenes which I don't like from S1-4, and I personally couldn't be arsed mentioning them.)

If they're from the Phantom Menace/Jar Jar Binks years of the show, then I'll take a wild stab in the gloom and suggest they are probably to do with either AFF "scenting" Sheldon's belongings or some spectacular example of Botchelennism, if which case they can go in those characters' specific threads.

BUT...If you'd like a PUBLIC thread to mention specific scenes which are troubling, and elaborate upon why, for purposes of education, or for your own clarity, then sure, one can be made in the Jar Jar Binks Forum.

Perhaps others can weigh in here.

Incidentally, did you know that an Abyss can only refer to an underwater trench, and not to a land-based one? (Apparently not common knowledge. I've seen abyss used in reference to a sinkhole.) Such trenches are found in the abyssopelagic layer, in perpetual darkness, home of the Black Swallower and Giant Squid. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abyssal_zone
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 1 user Likes Idle Miscreant's post:
  • devilbk

Messages In This Thread
Proposing a thread/category - by Wisp - 01-03-2014, 11:15 PM
RE: Proposing a thread/category - by Wisp - 01-04-2014, 12:07 AM
RE: Proposing a thread/category - by Toad - 01-04-2014, 10:26 AM
RE: Proposing a thread/category - by Wisp - 01-04-2014, 07:10 PM
RE: Proposing a thread/category - by Toad - 01-07-2014, 04:31 AM
RE: Proposing a thread/category - by Wisp - 01-23-2014, 02:50 AM
RE: Proposing a thread/category - by Wisp - 02-12-2014, 07:03 PM
RE: Proposing a thread/category - by Toad - 02-12-2014, 07:13 PM