0%
0 0%
3 Dirty Socks
0%
0 0%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

7.13 The Occupation Recalibration
(01-10-2014, 01:02 PM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: Although I liked the yoga scene, I thought Sheldon was OOC in this episode. In work song nanocluster he calculated Penny's possible income from making hair barrettes, in seconds. He was the opposite in this episode and although it was cute, it was highly impractical. Sheldon would have called her out on this. As he is well known for calling her out on everything, it seemed off.
I don't think it was OOC for Sheldon to say he supported her. In working Penny asked him if she could make a viable business making hair accessories, he answered her question. Here she was asking if taking an huge step in support of her dream was the right thing to do. I think old Sheldon(New Sheldon seems easily distracted) especially would agree with this philosophy(notice she didn't ask him what he thought of her chances).
Oh wow, oh wow, what an adventure.
(01-10-2014, 01:16 PM)Gamma12 Wrote: I don't think it was OOC for Sheldon to say he supported her. In working Penny asked him if she could make a viable business making hair accessories, he answered her question. Here she was asking if taking an huge step in support of her dream was the right thing to do. I think old Sheldon(New Sheldon seems easily distracted) especially would agree with this philosophy(notice she didn't ask him what he thought of her chances).

Wouldn't old Sheldon give his opinion, whether she wanted it or not? He seemed a little giddy, that wonderful serious edge was missing. But then we just saw him behave like a puppy so all bets are off. Big Grin

The episode poll is up now.
(01-10-2014, 01:24 PM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote:
(01-10-2014, 01:16 PM)Gamma12 Wrote: I don't think it was OOC for Sheldon to say he supported her. In working Penny asked him if she could make a viable business making hair accessories, he answered her question. Here she was asking if taking an huge step in support of her dream was the right thing to do. I think old Sheldon(New Sheldon seems easily distracted) especially would agree with this philosophy(notice she didn't ask him what he thought of her chances).

Wouldn't old Sheldon give his opinion, whether she wanted it or not? He seemed a little giddy, that wonderful serious edge was missing. But then we just saw him behave like a puppy so all bets are off. Big Grin

The episode poll is up now.

I suppose that's true enough. Old Sheldon had an opinion on everything and wasn't afraid to use it.
I have to say I did love the piece of dialogue you put up earlier about Leonard not supporting Penny and Sheldon. So true. Remind me, why are Leonard and Penny a couple again? A truly horrible relationship. I noticed that they have ditched smug Leonard from last season and opted to go back to insecure, whiney, needy Leonard. BlechConfused
They are trying to grow their relationship but I don't think these kind of drama episodes are popular with anyone. The canons don't like this one even though its addressing a glaring hole in the Lenny relationship. It's calling out things Shenny's have pointed out for years. It seems as though they have finally caught on to what we have been saying.

I'm going to wait until I've seen this one again before voting. It might be a little better than last weeks. But I always feel the subplots are so weak. I know some of you liked the Amy scenes but she was so normal. She's more ordinary than Penny now. I enjoyed the occasion Raj quip and Bert but it felt very flat. I'm sure the crowd seemed quieter. Unusually the studio audience is annoying loud but I didn't even notice it.
(01-10-2014, 09:05 PM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: They are trying to grow their relationship but I don't think these kind of drama episodes are popular with anyone. The canons don't like this one even though its addressing a glaring hole in the Lenny relationship. It's calling out things Shenny's have pointed out for years. It seems as though they have finally caught on to what we have been saying.

I'm going to wait until I've seen this one again before voting. It might be a little better than last weeks. But I always feel the subplots are so weak. I know some of you liked the Amy scenes but she was so normal. She's more ordinary than Penny now. I enjoyed the occasion Raj quip and Bert but it felt very flat.

They may be trying to grow the relationship, but it seems to me that it just ends up showing how weak a relationship it is. Each is not what the other needs and I don't see anything that would really hold them together other than proximity.
Oh, the subplots are very weak. While I didn't necessarily mind the Raj/Howard/Amy subplot, it could have been much funnier. Yeah I did notice that Amy was very normal and un-Amy like. She also manage to say how weird her boyfriend was once again, time was they were very similar to each other. Now she's normal and he's weird. Why are they together again? She really doesn't seem to like him much of the time.
OMG, guys this episode hit me with the FEELS. Sheldon was sooo supportive of Penny, all while retaining his classic condescension and not not dissolving into uncharacteristic schmaltz. When he said "Because he’s not like us, Penny. We’re dreamers," to Penny, my sister and I started awwwing. So cute. I also loved how they ganged up on Leonard, who once again showed how UN-supportive and completely not understanding he is of his purported "True love."

The beginning was adorbs too, when Leonard knocked on the door three times, and Sheldon unconsciously piped up from 4A, "Penny."

I feel like the ending was incomplete, but unlike with most episodes, it seemed intentional. Leonard demands to know where the relationship is going, and before Penny and he can get into a serious discussion, Sheldon pushes himself into the conversation, claiming his equal hold on the relationship. After Sheldon completely derails the conversation (though it was done unintentionally), the Big honkin' elephant in the room, namely how incompatible Leonard and Penny are, remains. But I feel like this was a set up for the next episode. I'm not holding my breath, because TPTB are always dropping important storylines left and right, but to me it felt like just the beginning of exploring the dissolution of Lenny.
Here's a fantastic review: 7.13 Review

Looks like somebody's stopped drinking the Lenny Kool-aid. Tongue

Also, preliminary ratings are in, and it looks like this episode is tied with the season premiere for best ratings and most viewers. What did these two episodes have in common? Shenny and Sheldon the homo novus...Just saying. Cool
(01-11-2014, 05:21 AM)CassandraElise Wrote: Here's a fantastic review: 7.13 Review

Also, preliminary ratings are in, and it looks like this episode is tied with the season premiere for best ratings and most viewers. What did these two episodes have in common? Shenny and Sheldon the homo novus...Just saying. Cool

YES. GOOD REVIEW. Leonard's behaviour as a boyfriend borders on unacceptable most of the time for me.
HARRISON FORD IS IRRADIATING OUR TESTICLES WITH MICROWAVE SATELLITE TRANSMISSIONS

AND WHO THE FUCK STOLE MY BOILED EGGS?
(01-11-2014, 05:21 AM)CassandraElise Wrote: Here's a fantastic review: 7.13 Review

And yet these fucking canons voted more with the 'No way! He'll come around' vote. Fucking idiots. It's more than obvious that regardless of what other fans think the writers are NEVER going to have Penny leave Leonard even though its more than obvious that she deserves better. I cannot believe he had the nerve to scold her about not informing him about her quitting her job first before doing it. What is he her dad now?! Angry It's her life and she can do whatever the hell she wants with it damn it! Her 4 year relationship with Kurt was no better than hers with Leonard IMO.

This guy is more worried about the fact that if she does become successful she'll possibly leave him. He has no faith OR trust in her. Sheldon would've been a way better BF for her and she wouldn't have to give him sex just to show him her 'love' for him or use it as a way of 'making up'. Because sex is all the Lenny has ever been about.

I would LOVE to see Penny live her life to the fullest while staying completely single and not being depressed over the fact that she 'needs' a man in her life in order to feel complete. The only thing she's ever given Leonard is sex, he even said it himself. It's time he finds someone who's not out of his league, is more than ready to settle down and get hitched/raise a family, and will not disappoint him with her own actions. Before you know it hell be smothering her as much as Amy does with Sheldon. Let's face it if Sheldon wasn't a high IQ genius and Penny wasn't such a babe Amy and Leonard would've NEVER given them the second glance.
(01-10-2014, 09:38 PM)CassandraElise Wrote: OMG, guys this episode hit me with the FEELS. Sheldon was sooo supportive of Penny, all while retaining his classic condescension and not not dissolving into uncharacteristic schmaltz. When he said "Because he’s not like us, Penny. We’re dreamers," to Penny, my sister and I started awwwing. So cute. I also loved how they ganged up on Leonard, who once again showed how UN-supportive and completely not understanding he is of his purported "True love."

The beginning was adorbs too, when Leonard knocked on the door three times, and Sheldon unconsciously piped up from 4A, "Penny."

I feel like the ending was incomplete, but unlike with most episodes, it seemed intentional. Leonard demands to know where the relationship is going, and before Penny and he can get into a serious discussion, Sheldon pushes himself into the conversation, claiming his equal hold on the relationship. After Sheldon completely derails the conversation (though it was done unintentionally), the Big honkin' elephant in the room, namely how incompatible Leonard and Penny are, remains. But I feel like this was a set up for the next episode. I'm not holding my breath, because TPTB are always dropping important storylines left and right, but to me it felt like just the beginning of exploring the dissolution of Lenny.

OMG I agree, I love the "He's not like us Penny, we're dreamers"..
I want a gif with that comment on it.
I just wish they didn't have Penny making a snide comment about leaving Sheldon in the car with the window rolled up, instead of her just smiling and saying thank you or something. Then again, that is their relationship; kinda snarky with each other.

Holy crap a reviewer not kissing BBT ass. WOA.

Yes for the ratings! The promo pics of this episode released last week were of Shenny.
Face it, Shenny and yea, even with Leonard in the mix, always gets best ratings. The main three are the show, and I have no idea why TPTB push Amy and Bernie subplots. I'd rather see Raj and Howard subplots. Why do they feel the need to have Amy and Bernie EVERY show?
I know contracts yadda yadda,and lazy writers needing more characters for more ideas, but has that even worked? The show rehashes so many things what has watering the show down with more characters done for the creativity?

Anyway, I love Sheldon this episode being so supportive of Penny.

Quote:And yet these fucking canons voted more with the 'No way! He'll come around' vote. Fucking idiots. It's more than obvious that regardless of what other fans think the writers are NEVER going to have Penny leave Leonard even though its more than obvious that she deserves better. I cannot believe he had the nerve to scold her about not informing him about her quitting her job first before doing it. What is he her dad now?! Angry It's her life and she can do whatever the hell she wants with it damn it! Her 4 year relationship with Kurt was no better than hers with Leonard IMO.

This guy is more worried about the fact that if she does become successful she'll possibly leave him. He has no faith OR trust in her. Sheldon would've been a way better BF for her and she wouldn't have to give him sex just to show him her 'love' for him or use it as a way of 'making up'. Because sex is all the Lenny has ever been about.

I would LOVE to see Penny live her life to the fullest while staying completely single and not being depressed over the fact that she 'needs' a man in her life in order to feel complete. The only thing she's ever given Leonard is sex, he even said it himself. It's time he finds someone who's not out of his league, is more than ready to settle down and get hitched/raise a family, and will not disappoint him with her own actions. Before you know it hell be smothering her as much as Amy does with Sheldon. Let's face it if Sheldon wasn't a high IQ genius and Penny wasn't such a babe Amy and Leonard would've NEVER given them the second glance.

bah who cares about those desperate fools hitting some meaningless internet poll over and over, because a real writer on a real website not some fan blog, actually calls it like it is. The quote below just sent a dagger through every Lenny and Shamy:

"Penny deserves a better boyfriend ... and she got one!

His name, ladies and gentlemen, is Dr. Sheldon Cooper.

Yes, the narcissistic physicist showed a surprising degree of empathy and support for Penny — exactly what she needed and wasn't getting from that other next-door neighbor who claims to be in love with her."

Their day just went from bad to worse.

[Image: tumblr_mmzadaymMW1soozono1_500.gif]

Lets enjoy because tptb will be back to more nonsense soon, I'm sure.

We should all try to send this reviewer some love because you know the Lenny's and Shamys are sending her hate on line.

This is the first time I've seen a review of this show nail these characters and say what we all feel. Most just go along for the ride and tow the canon line.