Plot Bunny Farm
I have fanfic ideas that are so AU that they are basically just original fic. I think of stories that have almost nothing to do with BBT; but to me they're still fanfic, because it's like I'm mentally "casting" the BBT actors in new roles, if you see what I mean by that.

Not that this is an actual problem, because I keep writing and writing and never actually *finishing* anything. The reason I want to participate in a fic exchange is because having a deadline will force me to actually complete something in a timely manner. I don't care about receiving a fic myself, I just want the motivation of writing for someone else. So, I signed up for Rare Pair Fest. We'll see what happens...
I want AU fic about what might've happened to Raj if he didn't discover his love of science and became instead just an idle, wealthy, jet-setting party-boy. Not the cheeriest subject but still less depressing to me than Canon.

ETA: As I've said before, I think "Vintage!Raj is actually less naive than he seems" is a very fertile theme for fic, but it's kind of been jossed or rendered moot, now.
The following 2 users Like Louise's post:
  • queenoftheDales, Nutz
I stumbled over this somehow, when looking up pics to go with Raj's Rabbit King quote...

It's called "Attack of the Plot Bunnies" by Gwendy85.
Gwendy85 on Deviant Art
[Image: attack_of_the_plot_bunnies_by_gwendy85.jpg]

Just thought it was relevant.
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 3 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • devilbk, FlyingSolo, Jomi25
(07-13-2015, 05:05 AM)Idle Miscreant Wrote: I stumbled over this somehow, when looking up pics to go with Raj's Rabbit King quote...

I found a funny one a while back; it's prob. in the Raj thread...
Plot bunnies:

(with Vintage characters and everything Vintage-style, of course.)

Agatha Christie-style locked-room mystery, in a big old manor house with lots of suspects.

Orphan: the classic trope of the orphan who discovers that they have a secret legacy or secret mission in life, like Great Expectations or Harry Potter.

Modern-day royalty and scandals:  being modern-day royalty sounds very boring, with lots of attending ribbon-cuttings and waving to the crowds. What do they do, and how do they end up in the tabloids?

Blue collar: what if the guys grew up very poor or in circumstances without access to higher education? How would their lives be different? I suppose this is already somewhat true for Sheldon, but what if they grew up without the opportunity or encouragement to enter the STEM fields, what kinds of jobs would they choose? (Could flip this for Penny or other characters, I suppose.)
The following 1 user Likes Louise's post:
  • Nutz
That third one could be very Howard-centric, given his family history. We know his family fled Eastern Europe, but he could end up being the lost heir to somewhere Ruritanian.

That first one is a gimme... 'And Then There Were None', perhaps, if you wanted to go really dark. Are you visualising AU, or present characters on a murder mystery weekend gone wrong?
(09-27-2015, 12:58 PM)SpaceAnJL Wrote:  Are you visualising AU, or present characters on a murder mystery weekend gone wrong?

Any.  Big Grin
(07-13-2015, 05:05 AM)Idle Miscreant Wrote: I stumbled over this somehow, when looking up pics to go with Raj's Rabbit King quote...

It's called "Attack of the Plot Bunnies" by Gwendy85.
Gwendy85 on Deviant Art
[Image: attack_of_the_plot_bunnies_by_gwendy85.jpg]

Just thought it was relevant.

Aww what a cute pic! I especially like how all the bunnies surrounding Sheldon have green eyes and Penny is cradling the blue-eyed ones. Cute exchange indeed Big Grin Heart.
Not exactly a plot bunny, more like fantasy-casting, but omg, omg, JP and SH should play God and the Devil in a stage play, and each performance, they switch roles. 

/MY BRAIN IS BETTER THAN EVERYBODY!

ETA: and in each performance, they compete over a different person's soul. Yessss. Not with horns and wings and all that, just red suit/white suit and looking super-fly  sass
The following 2 users Like Louise's post:
  • Toad, Nutz

Okay, watch the scene at about the 47:56 mark, about two-thirds of the way through the video. 

I don't like BDSM themes at all, but **I demand "whip-wielding Howard who frequents the classes at the local adult bookstore" RIGHT THIS MINUTE.***

Where is this filthy, filthy fic* and why was this important piece of data not brought to my attention immediately???  Big Grin   Blush  WHY???

Of course, something would prob. go wrong and he'd probably trip himself with it or something, but...doesn't matter.  These little throwaway lines are so tantalizing, and they open up so many avenues to explore. If you are twisted, like me. 

*or not necessarily kinky, maybe more swashbuckling, since the scene is about Indiana Jones...

This is terribly, terribly Relevant To My Interests™.  Um...I'll see you guys later, I have too much to think about. XD

[img][Image: sb3i6.jpg]via Imgflip Meme Maker[/img]