The rest of Season Grate (Eps 8.07-8.15 and 8.17)
Still from 8.08 The Prom Equivalency

I'm only going to post a few of the promo pictures for this one...

SHENNY Heart

[Image: TheBigBangTheory-Episode808-ThePromEquiv...032ac1.jpg]

[Image: 105604_WB_0337b_595_slogo_zpse15fb58d.jpg]

This whole prom thing is so wrong. It just looks like the actors are all dressed up for Emmy night. SharkSharkShark

[Image: 105604_WB_0571b_595_slogo_zps56f46ac3.jpg]

[Image: 105604_WB_0494b_595_slogo_zps87c908d7.jpg]

The rest of the images (if you can stomach them).
I'm just going to finish up by filling the thread with terrible prom dresses...like this beauty...

[Image: 95175352aff3f42e833f8aff6c541bd6.jpg]

[Image: gumballs-worst-prom-dresses.jpg]

It's Prom protest people Big Grin

[Image: worst-prom-dresses-ever8.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Gamma
Here's one for Space to hurl at... Big Grin

[Image: 8b3f77684365938a14948f9e4ede794f.jpg]
[Image: rainbow-prom-dress.jpg]
[Image: duct-tape-dress-28.jpg]

[Image: duct-tape-dress-11.jpg]

[Image: Stuck+at+Prom+-+Entry+5010.jpg]

[Image: duct-tape-dress-26.jpg]

[Image: slide_354323_3868659_free.jpg]

TP, I think the last picture you posted belongs with this group. The things you can do with duct tape.
Oh wow, oh wow, what an adventure.
The following 2 users Like Gamma's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas, Idle Miscreant
I said I wouldn't even look at this thread, on account of it having all the appeal of a packet of artificial sweetner. Sickly, potentially carcinogenic and devoid of nutrients. (Possibly not literally carcinogenic...)
But now that I have...
Isn't "Sheldon" in a tuxedo (rather than one of his eyeball-straining Coopersuits) the very epitome of what's wrong with the relationship they've given him?

For all the soap-boxing about what an unconventional relationship it is, ALL the milestones (as celebrated enthusiastically by the fans of this relationship) are entirely conventional and mundane. It's a sham I tell you! Asking her to be his "girlfriend" (in a cinema, of all pedestrian places), holding hands, "cuddling", a kiss (even if it was born of anger rather than desire), now we have an I love you too in a TUXEDO on a ROOFTOP? I'm sorry, is this fanfiction?

Bollocks that this is unconventional. Great sparkling BOLLOCKS. This is textbook teenage girly nonsense. (apologies to teenage girls, although we only have one here, and I suspect Doctor intends to obliterate the planet at some point...)

There's nothing new under the sun in any of this. There WAS at the beginning, when Amy was equally self-contained and dignified. Now the only reason it isn't like any other romcom romance is because there isn't any sex, and that's certainly not through Amy's lack of trying. If you take the issue of sex out of it, it's WHOLLY conventional. She hectors, he sulks. He tries to do things he likes, she dismisses them as weird or annoying (both canon there). Now we've added arse-slapping (great. How arcane) as a potentially regular occurrence, and some sort of Mills & Boon piffle.

It's a bloody insult is what it is!

Sigh. Back to wardrobe. I'd always hoped Sheldon would go the Doc Brown route as he aged. Not to be, apparently. Like everything else...

[Image: Doc-BRown-back-to-the-future-23823055-530-768.jpg]
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 6 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas, Gamma, FlyingMonkey, Berliner, Toad, CassandraElise
As mentioned in chatter this thread will now house any new episode stills/promos etc as they are released. Unless we get a notable new episode I won't start a new thread for it. The Time Machine will stay as it is.

And you can use this thread to comment on each episode as it airs.
Tonight's episode was rather interesting in that irony free way that I'm sure many pro-canon shippers will see this episode. Here we have Billy Bob play a doctor who took Penny's work-related 'flirts' as a sign of affection and jumped the gun to pursue a relationship. Contrast that with Leonard in the pilot, where if there was any flirting there it occurred at the whiteboard between Penny and Sheldon, who takes in Penny's normal actions (i.e. no flirting with him) and concludes that their babies will be smart and beautiful.

Then we have Billy Bob track Penny down via internet and show up at her door unannounced. Kinda creepy. But breaking into her mailbox in order to steal her mail so as to concoct a means for engaging her in conversation is pretty creepy too.

Billy Bob is puzzled: Leonard and he are quite similar and yet he's alone while Leonard has 'someone like Penny'. It's a puzzlement shared by many (myself included); fortunately we have Sheldon to the rescue, explaining that Leonard was like a persistent tract infection on Penny the urethra. Given the decline to Penny's character over the seasons I'd concur with the bacterial infection scenario. Poor girl trying to drown out her soul with alcohol as she adjusted to life with Leonard when all she needed was a dose of penicillin to bring her back to her feisty self.

Sheldon also let it be known that there's a pool going as to how long the Lenny will last, given that Leonard and Penny have little in common. So let's take a look at the record: Leonard's unsure, Penny's unsure, Sheldon's pretty much sure (that they'll fail) and the rest of the gang taking part in the pool. That means everyone on the show has doubts that the Lenny will last. But wait, Leonard smoothed it all over in an earlier episode when he said, 'sure, we've got zippo in common but we love each other and so we'll make it work'. That well thought out rationalization sure puts my mind at ease. It's 'true love'. Sarcasm

Regardless, I'm sure the Lennys won't be phased by this episode; after all, as Sheldon pointed out, Leonard is the oddly-shaped man who got the girl (like Mario in Donkey Kong) so it's all good. Forget the fact it makes Penny an objective, a prize to be won, a damsel to be rescued as opposed to a partner.

Forget the big hairy monkey, what's more damaging to the show is the big ol' elephant in the room otherwise known as Lenny.
Let's go exploring!
The following 6 users Like wellplayedpenny's post:
  • Toad, FlyingMonkey, Gamma, devilbk, Berliner, CassandraElise
(10-31-2014, 08:13 AM)wellplayedpenny Wrote: Tonight's episode was rather interesting in that irony free way that I'm sure many pro-canon shippers will see this episode.

Regardless, I'm sure the Lennys won't be phased by this episode; after all, as Sheldon pointed out, Leonard is the oddly-shaped man who got the girl (like Mario in Donkey Kong) so it's all good. Forget the fact it makes Penny an objective, a prize to be won, a damsel to be rescued as opposed to a partner.

Forget the big hairy monkey, what's more damaging to the show is the big ol' elephant in the room otherwise known as Lenny.

Yeah, this is one of the biggest problems I have always had with Lenny- Penny is really more of an achievement than anything and the relationship is never that of equals who enhance each other. That's part of whats wrong with the show right now. The writers have paired up and chosen to highlight relationships that do nothing to elevate any of the characters involved. All the humor comes from conflict, and unlike earlier seasons its not a conflict of understanding or misunderstanding(like Penny and Sheldon scenes) its meaner and more malicious in tone. Cue the Amy and Bernadette interaction.

First off was their little scene even necessary. It added nothing to the story and seemed thrown in just to give Bernadette a reason to be in the episode. Then Amy butting in and ruining things for Bernadette by sending the email off. Sorry, the way they have portrayed Amy these past years, you can't tell me that if she had been selected to be in the magazine she wouldn't have jumped at the chance. Bernadette's response was cruel(though probably pretty close to home).

The guys hanging out in the Drs. lair was kind of fun and I loved the assorted anti-lennui comments Sheldon made. Too bad he doesn't have the same insight into his own relationship.

The good thing about this episode is that, aside from brief Lennui, there was no couples this week. Confused
Oh wow, oh wow, what an adventure.
The following 5 users Like Gamma's post:
  • Toad, wellplayedpenny, lewstonewar, devilbk, Berliner
Amy feels that everything has to be about her and her opinion as it has been from her first appearance. She doesn't respect anyone else in the gang and just sees them as what they can contribute to her standing. As such, Bernadette cannot be allowed to do anything that makes her shine brighter than Amy and certainly cannot be admired for the physical attributes that Amy so clearly lacks. What bothered me most was that Bernadette absolutely nailed Amy on this, yet all we got to see was how horrible B was for what she said and not how horribly selfish Amy was for what she did. Amy has been a horrible human being this season and has yet to really be called on it. Just like Leonard she seems to be made of teflon. Every other character has had to pay for their missteps, but not Leonard and not Amy. I hope against all odds that they both suffer some sort of comeuppance over the next three years because they are so so deserving of some punishment and heartbreak.
The following 2 users Like devilbk's post:
  • wellplayedpenny, Gamma