The rest of Season Grate (Eps 8.07-8.15 and 8.17)
(11-21-2014, 08:27 AM)wellplayedpenny Wrote: I have no idea what they're thinking with FWF, PJ. When I wrote one or two episodes of it for a story of mine I had to put in jokes that were meant to be awkward. I felt like I was embarrassing my characters but as it was canon I did my best to mitigate the damage. But still, to actually give repeated air time to this stuff is just baffling.

My only thought on FWF is that they were desperate to come up with something that Amy and Sheldon could do together to prove how perfect they are for each other. They would have part of the audience sighing over how cute they are and part of the audience laughing at the smart awkward people. The part of the audience who would look on in embarrassment for the characters they thumbed their nose at long ago.

This last episode was really boring, but the R/H/L storyline seemed to be pushing the sentiment behind the "you just want the characters to die alone and unhappy" crowd(News flash, they won't, they are fictional characters). The not everyone will achieve something, savor the small moments speech, blah, blah, blah....I swear quit trying to sell me something. This is suppose to be a comedy not a stupid after school special. The characters can achieve whatever the writers let them achieve. Right now the only thing any of them are reaching for are insipid romances written like 2nd rate ff.(I really don't get the Shamy crowd, those two are just so flat, no spark at all) The biggest sin of all is that it is NOT FUNNY. It's not charming, its not cute, and the characters have suffered greatly in the likeability department. I really don't get it. The writers jettisoned the quirkiness, charm, and science for tried and tired.(This episode did have science terms and jargon, but it was just thrown into the L/H/R plot- nothing they said added any meaning to the story- it was a "see, here some science" moment)

I think Penny and her boss could be funny, too bad it became all about Bernadette.

Well I think I have ranted enough for now. Big Grin
Oh wow, oh wow, what an adventure.
The following 3 users Like Gamma's post:
  • Toad, Tuesday Pajamas, wellplayedpenny

"Leonard, Howard, and Raj went to consult a Warlock who was known for casting spells and turning certain unwanted people into potato bugs..."

[Image: 2illafp.jpg]
The following 2 users Like Louise's post:
  • Toad, Gamma
8.10 had the lowest viewers this season. Why won't they listen to their audience? aside from a few obscure shippers no one liked FWF.
But it's the Make Amy Happy season. What could be wrong with that? Don't the viewers understand that Amy deserves to be happy? Everybody loves Amy, don't they?
So what I read here and in the TRs, TBBT once again presented the audience the image of the "poor professor". First we have a prof. who passed away recently. He worked his whole life for nothing, had no breakthroughs and noone will remember him. Then, his friend, another prof., is a poor schmuck too. He lives in a run-down apartment and his life is overall pathetic. Very nice. Angry
I guess the only solution to avoid such a pathetic life is
- to marry a girl who is totally into you. Sarcasm
- to have a girlfriend who gets horny when smelling baby powder and sees you as a sexy toddler. Puke
- to give up all your hobbies and constantly get abused by your wife.
- to meet a girl who finally likes you somehow (even if there's no chemistry at all)

This show sucks.
Man darf nicht das, was uns unwahrscheinlich und unnatürlich erscheint, mit dem verwechseln, was absolut unmöglich ist. - Carl Friedrich Gauß
The following 6 users Like Berliner's post:
  • Gamma, lewstonewar, Tuesday Pajamas, Idle Miscreant, Toad, Louise
Well just incase you missed this quote from FB pasted in chat:

"Ratings are sinking fast. Down 11% from just last week. Last Nov., BBT was drawing a 5.2 share; last night was a 4.0. Almost a quarter of its audience has left. The show has definitely peaked, and is hemorrhaging viewers at an alarming rate this season."

It's reassuring to know that we are not the only ones who think this Season is particularly bad. The episodes don't even warrant their own threads.
The following 3 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Louise, spuffyfan, Jomi25
I'm way behind on this so I will gloss over the earlier episodes:
The Misinterpretation Agitation: Don't throw anything at me, but I really liked MOST of this episode. The A story of Dr. Lorvis was a great idea and if you get rid of the B story of A&B (yuck), it could be written as a vintage episode (in season 3) with little problem by making the Dr. a customer at The Cheesecake Factory that she flirts with.All the rest of the stuff, Sheldon's telling how Leonard "got" the girl, the bet the boys have on the destruction date of the Lenny relationship, the boys geeking out over that incredible room. Yes, there is a lot to like about this episode, I would give it two Blossom, but the B plot brings it down to a 1/2 Blossom
(Damn you A&B)

The Prom Equivalency: Oh God, where do I even start with this mess of an episode? I guess let's start with Penny's "Prom Gown" which got this whole disaster started. Let's face it, it's a beautiful and sexy gown...... for a 30 year old going to an award show, But I very much doubt 16, 17, or 18 year old Penny would have been caught dead in it. Now lets move on to the fact that Penny hates cheating, hates cheaters, and would never knowingly go out with someone who was taken, but now NuPenny is here and apparently she did some serious making out with the Captain of some team while his girlfriend puked (how nice). And this is just the first scene boys and girls from there we have incest jokes, Sheldon being asked if he went to prom (guess everyone forgot that he went to College at 12 including Sheldon) Bernadette's shrewish whine, Amy's sad sack High School story, Leonard's story about sending Bikini pictures of Penny out to all his old friends and Penny feeling sorry for him (seriously!) and to top it all off a NuSheldon that tells Amy that he loves her (he thinks) with absolutely no emotion and chemistry. Forget the socks, this episode should be tossed in the fires of Mordor. (Not even a Shenny scene could save this piece of crap)

The Septum Deviation: Penny snores NOT Leonard! Sheldon acting like a 3 year old with stuffed bears, sticky fingers, and ouchies! Amy getting off on Sheldons baby Powder smell. (Sheldon purposely sitting next to Penny instead of Amy and Shenny holding hands was the ONLY highlight). Just call this another episode for Mordor.

The Champagne Reflection: Here we go again. We have the A story - Sheldon supposedly being socially aware enough to realize that he doesn't have time for work, a girlfriend, and a Fun with Flags, so another hobby has to be jettisoned. But apparently not socially aware enough to realize his George Washington Carver Skit, and asking a black man to wear a Nazi flag is wrong. The running joke through this shit, sorry I mean skit, was Amy forgot to press record on the Independence Day Special.........That's it, THATS the running joke. Oh and we get to see PASS THE BUTTER Amy saying I PRESSED IT.
The B Story - Leonard, Raj, and Howard are cleaning out a dead Professors office. The dead Docs name? Rodger Abbot. Cue running joke about it sounding like Rodger Rabbit and being framed. Turns out the guy had journals and journals of cryptic numbers that Leonard is convinced is the secret to a Nobel. What did it turn out to be? The guys food diary. Oh god the laughter.........
The C story - Apparently Bernadette's a bitch and everybody at work is afraid of her, who knew? She is such a wonderful person she should be in a tree baking cookies. (seriously, its one of Bernadette's "jokes") we learn that everyone has been buying her coffee (they put money in a jar every time Bernadette swears) and that she has her own bathroom that should be used for the whole floor (but it's o.k. cause it only affected Wheelchair Cathy who's back in the hospital) These are the jokes people! This episode was three skits, so over the top and stupid I had to make sure I was watching Big Bang and not Saturday Night Live. To Mordor it goes.
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 4 users Like Nutz's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, Gamma, Berliner, Jomi25
Leonard sent bikini pictures of Penny to all his old friends? Coupled with showing the topless film to a bunch of strangers on a ship, and taking the polaroid of Penny with "today's newspaper" to show her off to another clutch of riffraff, why doesn't he simply scalp her and wear it as a trophy round his neck?
I feel like an inflatable Penny would cause much less hassle for Leonard...It could sit next to Rice-Sheldon for ever and ever and ever...

I sometimes like Leonard, but this wildly possessive, insecure, self-pitying and offensive behavior makes it rather difficult. It only happens around women, mind. (He reserves all his shame and patronisation for Sheldon.)
I still maintain Leonard should become a monk...
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 1 user Likes Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Gamma
To offset the irritation of latter-day Leonard, I am going to make horrifically girly Shelnard pictures.

[Image: B3QCaNlCQAAjhE1.jpg]

Maybe I can stick a Heart in there somewhere...
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 1 user Likes Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Louise
Quote: The not everyone will achieve something, savor the small moments speech, blah, blah, blah....I swear quit trying to sell me something. This is suppose to be a comedy not a stupid after school special.

I can't believe how syrupy and preachy and mawkish this show has gotten. It's so heavy-handed. They literally have the characters reciting "this week's message." They might as well have them face directly into the camera and say "The moral of tonight's episode is..."

I can't believe the mush they're putting in Helberg's mouth. His character used to be so outrageously funny. Now it doesn't even matter which character says what, because L, H, and R are basically interchangeable.

It's all soooo fortune-cookie. Just dispense with the characters and give us your typed manifesto of the "messages" and "morals" you want us to absorb, TPTB...