2 Dirty Socks
33.33%
4 33.33%
3 Dirty Socks
16.67%
2 16.67%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

8.01 The Locomotion Interruption (September 22)
I finally relented and watched the episode. After the disappointment of the HQers I was fully prepared to hate every second of this, but I actually found a few lines I liked in the first half. Penny and her new boss where fantastic and their description of Bernadette had me nodding in agreement. Horrible little rat woman that one. Blahh! I hope they keep Penny’s boss, he was so good. That actor has natural timing and it went really well with Kaley. Stuart was back to his confidence self. Very good! Some of Howard's stuff was really good as well. I like it better when he's not paired with Bernadette, he's funnier.

One part I hated in the beginning was the way Penny was so dismissive of Sheldon, she was downright mean! What the frack happened to the new level of understanding they reached last season? Forgotten already love?

Amy was also quite good up until the car scene and then she did that insincere OTT terrible acting she does, all sickly sweet-come-nutcase, “Shhhhheldon! it’s okay with me that you’re not perfect” and that messed up grin. I literally screamed “UUGHH! SERIAL KILLER!” Flippin heck that woman is creepy. She could bottle creepy. Space wrote about Amy’s secret sex dungeon, all set up for poor unsuspecting Sheldon and I swear that character has skeletons in her closest. Probably several males ones from her past, who wouldn’t put out.

Penny got a job today! Yah, Penny Blossom. But wipe that pissed off look off your face Penny WFS! You get Sheldon now....remember!

I gave it a neutral.
Quote:Flippin heck that woman is creepy. She could bottle creepy. Space wrote about Amy’s secret sex dungeon, all set up for poor unsuspecting Sheldon and I swear that character has skeletons in her closest. Probably several males ones from her past, who wouldn’t put out.

I'm just gonna leave this here sass I haven't seen this movie, but I've read about it, and it seems to totally be spoofing the "quirky giggly rom-com girl" stereotype. I dare you not to imagine A and/or B in this role:

Warning, disturbing and NSFW:

Quote:I like it better when he's not paired with Bernadette, he's funnier.

No shit? You just distilled my entire problem with this show into one sentence....
The following 1 user Likes Louise's post:
  • queenoftheDales
OMG, now I'm reading the Wikipedia entry for that movie:

"At home, May designs her "new friend", Amy, a Frankenstein-esque life-sized rag doll..."
Big Bang opens in the UK and the Telegraph is less than impressed. Are we finally seeing some press coverage we can agree with?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvand...ption.html
One thing I have to say about Telegraph comments, PJ: people can say what they want and there isn't this harpy-like attack of show defenders jumping on them. Kinda refreshing.
Let's go exploring!
The following 1 user Likes wellplayedpenny's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas
(10-25-2014, 03:36 AM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: Big Bang opens in the UK and the Telegraph is less than impressed. Are we finally seeing some press coverage we can agree with?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvand...ption.html

This show will not be a perennial favorite. They've trashed their legacy. Give it 15 years, and nobody will have heard of these people. Lots of things were hugely popular in their time and then flare out quickly. That's the nature of a fad. It won't be an enduring classic; there won't be BBT marathons on New Year's Eve and stuff like that.

Those millions of viewers are fickle. True nostalgics will cherish the first few seasons, but this won't be the type of show that people love to introduce to their kids and grandkids. That would be like giving someone a piece of chocolate with a chaser of dog poop. If Parsons wasn't so highly paid, I'd say that his future is signing autographs at every Comic Con from San Diego to Katmandu.

I would love it if the first 2 seasons were eventually packaged, sold, and marketed separately from the rest of it, which is an idea Gripe alluded to...
It does seem to be the rule with sit coms, and film stars, if they're stopped at their peak, or when they die young, they are remembered forever(about ten years), unless they are a failure and become cult hit.