Queen Penelope
I can hear Penny fans gnashing teeth. Look I'm bored, and I want to look below the surface, of these characters, and sit coms. In some ways they're like a sanitized reflection of society. I feel there is depth to this show. Sit coms don't usually interest me except for Family Guy and Peep Show. ' Everyone has a drinking problem
Charlie drinks too much, Penny drinks too much, Molly's mom drinks too much, Bonnie and Christy used to drink too much. Lorre's shows are like one long ad for O'Doul's.'>http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/5-signs-youre-watching-a-741961[Image: bbt-s05e10-pennys-blue-twister-top-500x281.jpg] Penny comes out of a drink induced coma!
Okay despite her addiction predilection, each of her family had their own. I was thinking, after watching episode where Penny rings her victims, and gets called a 'bbbbbitch', she was the only one who was a bully. (gnashing sounds!) But then I thought >now she stands up to bullies, and protects nerds. So she's gone from tomboy, rabbit killing/skinning, strip/rebuild tractor, junior rodeo bully; to the reasonably balanced, kindly, fun, grown up woman who doesn't judge so quickly, we love today. Whereas the guys have all been caught in a perpetual adolescence. She grew up in her teens. Is this the microscope on men! [Image: tumblr_nfm8ym0GjY1r2hlcro1_500.gif]
That is weird, knowing Sheldon's anxieties, it's like she's taunting him with food on her tongue, get a room! [Image: tumblr_n6k1llSMOg1ruy5t9o1_250.gif]
I seem to remember Sheldon and Leonard competing about who the group revolved around, it could be argued it revolves around Penny. She uses ethanol to great effect, here getting Raj to open up, about arranged marriages. And talk.[Image: penny-makes-raj-drink.png]
The following 2 users Like ricardo shillyshally's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, Tuesday Pajamas
Here's why I think LENNY doesn't work. Penny really has a submissive personality, in the early seasons she try's to hide it by being a self proclaimed "big old 5", however she desperately needs the approval, love and respect of her friends, and significant other to make her happy (Beverly even mentioned this in an episode) Leonard is to much of a submissive himself. Passive- aggressive asshat, yes but still submissive otherwise he would have left Sheldon and that apartment after six months if he really was a Alpha "Mac daddy" and moved in with Howard or Raj somewhere.

What Penny really needs is a man who is confident with who he is and will tell her the complete truth, someone who sees her true potential and won't let her hide behind jokes or use alcohol as a crutch, someone who will love and support her and her career 100 percent.
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 3 users Like Nutz's post:
  • devilbk, Gamma, queenoftheDales
Didn't Raj make the point that she'd settled, on basically her back up, moochy eyed Leonard. Strange idea, that women have a back up. Yes she needs someone who believes in her. She has the potential to outgrow Leonard.
The following 1 user Likes ricardo shillyshally's post:
  • Gamma
Also Penny, what a liar; no one absorbs the rules of chess, and then instantly beats her teacher, unless like Bobby Fischer, they have an IQ of 186.

Also no one is brilliant at gaming, unless they've played for years. Is she a nerd pretending to be dumb!

even jocks Play Halo/GTA and other "blow the crap" out of things games and considering the small town she grew up in its not unreasonable to think she spent a lot of time playing or watching her boyfriends play.

What's really noticeable between these two clips is she plays the dumb blonde card with Leonard using words like horsie, lighthouse, and pointy-head guy, but doesn't even bat an eye when Leonard compares her the One of the greatest chess player of all time (so she knows what she's doing). However, with Sheldon she offers to play the game, grabs the remote and starts killing people. There's no remote thingy questions or acting like she doesn't know what she's doing (just lock and load boys and throwing out the term Plasma Grenade casually) cause she knows the dumb blonde act won't work with Sheldon, so she doesn't bother. The fact that Leonard hasn't called her out for playing stupid in the eight years they've known each other shows what an idiot (or Narcissist) he is.
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 3 users Like Nutz's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas, Toad, CassandraElise
Just playing with anomalies! But it's not beyond possibilities. Once we start with; everyone lies, particularly about their past. It's common when moving to new city, in a different state, and trying to kick start a career, to reinvent oneself. Maybe Penny, has dumbed down, nerded down, while Sheldon has nerded up. Maybe they recognise each other's secret; they're both dreamers, and good at playing their roles, but every so often they reveal themselves, like Penny with chess and gaming, and Sheldon when he makes a maths error at the beginning of his paper/thesis, and then gives it to Stephen Hawking. I'm wondering who has got the IQ of 186![Image: kc21.JPG]
Is that Kaley? I could be Penny the tomboy, all rough and tumble who reinvents herself as girly when she moves away.