Queen Penelope
"And someday, when you have varicose veins, I’ll show you how to massage them..."

Big Grin
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
Don't concern yourself with challenging our opinions, Louise. I've already re-thought Howard, and see him differently. It's strange because it was Sheldon as a refreshingly new character, that drew me to the show, but I've come to really appreciate Penny as well. The rodeo stuff is part of her culture(interesting Kaley's own horse is called Falcon!). I think to have a strong, physical character challenging the guys is perfect. Just like it was so refreshing to have say the Sigourney Weaver character in Alien, or Jodie Foster's in Silence, or The Brave One.
Obviously we know what a great comic actor Jim is. He has the range of intelligent humour, through to great physical expression, including facial expression,(I think we believe he studied some of the great silent movie actors, incl: Buster K. And I've even tried checking which syllabus he studied to confirm this). But I think alot of what was going on in the early seasons was that Kaley was learning this art from him. They both seem to be competing, and complementing to see who could be the most facially expressive. Great fun for us! [Image: tumblr_m5k4oyPyxf1rq82fy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]
The following 2 users Like ricardo shillyshally's post:
  • Gamma, Trust No One
(11-14-2014, 03:22 AM)ricardo shillyshally Wrote: Obviously we know what a great comic actor Jim is. He has the range of intelligent humour, through to great physical expression, including facial expression,(I think we believe he studied some of the great silent movie actors, incl: Buster K. And I've even tried checking which syllabus he studied to confirm this). But I think alot of what was going on in the early seasons was that Kaley was learning this art from him. They both seem to be competing, and complementing to see who could be the most facially expressive. Great fun for us! [Image: tumblr_m5k4oyPyxf1rq82fy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]

Excellent points ricardo shillyshally! To be fair, Johnny taught Kaley about how to be part of a lousy Ship. Tongue
[Image: tumblr_ltoq1d26Ld1qaak3fo1_500.gif][Image: giphy.gif] Okay bear with me. It can't have escaped you that, Kaley is a successful comic actress, playing a character who is unsuccessful as a movie actress. It seems to me that thousands of would be actresses migrate to California, dye their hair blonde. They all want to be Marilyn Monroe, but she is a fictional character invented by Norma Jeane Mortenson. I'm just thinking about how fictional characters, and imagination, are significant in shaping our reality. Marilyn did play Blanche, but I'm not sure if she ever did in front of audience like Penny. When I read into it; Penny should have started by getting a surname, then changing her whole name to something Hollywood, next create a whole image and backstory, then go to acting school. Tennessee got his charcter's name and most famous line from Blanche Zohar, 'I've always depended on the kindness of strangers'. Down the rabbit hole!
The following 1 user Likes ricardo shillyshally's post:
  • Idle Miscreant
(01-18-2015, 12:18 AM)ricardo shillyshally Wrote: [Image: tumblr_ltoq1d26Ld1qaak3fo1_500.gif][Image: giphy.gif] Okay bear with me. It can't have escaped you that, Kaley is a successful comic actress, playing a character who is unsuccessful as a movie actress. It seems to me that thousands of would be actresses migrate to California, dye their hair blonde. They all want to be Marilyn Monroe, but she is a fictional character invented by Norma Jeane Mortenson. I'm just thinking about how fictional characters, and imagination, are significant in shaping our reality. Marilyn did play Blanche, but I'm not sure if she ever did in front of audience like Penny. When I read into it; Penny should have started by getting a surname, then changing her whole name to something Hollywood, next create a whole image and backstory, then go to acting school. Tennessee got his charcter's name and most famous line from Blanche Zohar, 'I've always depended on the kindness of strangers'. Down the rabbit hole!

Down the rabbit hole indeed. Check out the latest taping report for an example of total CRAZY blurring of lines.
Penny's hottest outfit, actresses have to compete, showing skin, being alluring(you saw how temps went up when a rival actress moved in building, and Penny got dressed up. She a tomboy, really. Oh yes, what happened to the actress upstairs, the dining table, and the time machine; some plot twist I missed! [Image: maxresdefault.jpg]
I remember staring in horrified amazement at the get-up of those two, particularly in close proximity to each other.
Even after repeated viewings, my eyeballs still flinch a little at Leopard/Scarlet Vortex.
Whisky tango foxtrot indeed.
Bloody brilliant through. One of the Top 5 quotidian Sheldon outfits. I yearn for that shirt...What goes through the mind at such times...Today I shall wear the scarlet-vortex-of-stair-death shirt. With my plaid pants, preferably. It is the correct time for it.
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
I've been imagining, what Penny might have called herself, according to this list http://www.namenerds.com/uucn/listofweek/yourname.html it would be maternal grandmother's name and fav candy. What do they call Nebraskan grannies? Also was Penny's surname Johnson, she was married to Zack!
Penny is terrible, everytime a new neighbour moves in she jumps on them, sometimes literally, often drunk. I mean Raj was only there about a two days. Women have a few quotes, that will silence any man>' Hey, what you doing, Quick Draw?'[Image: THE-BIG-BANG-THEORY-The-Skank-Reflex-Ana...00x200.jpg]