Travel & OT pics
(10-25-2014, 08:37 PM)SpaceAnJL Wrote: *inhuman squee noise* I'd scoop up that fluffy on the counter and run off with it.

You would love it, Space. Any cat-lover would. Just a big room full of kitties to play with. I think they are well cared-for, too. It makes me so happy, haha! Heart What annoys me is some of the Korean kids don't know how to be gentle with animals, because they've never had pets, so it's an unfamiliar thing for them...
(10-25-2014, 08:14 PM)Louise Wrote: [Image: oqlmq1.jpg]

This is somewhere I'd like to chill out. I don't have a critter of my own and yes I agree with Space about that grey fluffy thing. Where do you plan to go next Louise? Are you teaching english?
The following 1 user Likes Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Louise
Quote:This is somewhere I'd like to chill out. I don't have a critter of my own and yes I agree with Space about that grey fluffy thing. Where do you plan to go next Louise? Are you teaching english?

Yes, the cat cafe is such a nice place to be! Heart There are plenty of fun things to do, here in Busan, but it kind of gets old quickly. I'm not sure where I'll head, next. I'm a certified ESL teacher, so I have options. I need to go home to Seattle for a while and just regroup. I've been away for two years and feeling pretty burned out...
So I know there are a lot of cat fans (myself included), but my dog Riley made the Detroit Free Press while he was at daycare. They were doing pet Picasso paintings to raise money for 4 Paws 1 Heart and Davinci Foundation for animals. The picture is actually pretty good and being the proud pet parent that I am, I bought it. Big Grin

(the girls at the daycare place said he loved running around in the paint, which is funny because I can barely get his ass to walk on wet grass, let alone paint Rolleyes )
[Image: 635518507562468950-dogpaint-12.JPG][Image: 635518507560418909-dogpaint-08.JPG][Image: 635518507558118863-dogpaint-06.JPG][Image: 635518507559268886-dogpaint-07.JPG]
The following 6 users Like queenoftheDales's post:
  • Gamma, Louise, Tuesday Pajamas, Toad, FlyingSolo, Jomi25
Sleep well Waldo. Rest in peace.Heart

[Image: 10658940_10203064247159139_3577740617189089675_o.jpg]

[Image: 10733801_10203064254799330_4525168416487737253_o.jpg]
The following 7 users Like FlyingMonkey's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas, queenoftheDales, Gamma, Idle Miscreant, Louise, Toad, FlyingSolo
What a kind face he had. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty. Heart

I lost my cat many years ago and still think of him. They stay with us these strange majestic creatures who chose to spend their lives with us. He’s so cute and I know was much loved, very sorry Monkey.
The following 2 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Louise, FlyingSolo
A bond with a cat is very special and meaningful. Sorry for your loss, FM.
[Image: 2dj5w1c.jpg]

This humble structure in the small town I grew up in, and where my mother still lives, houses the Transportation Museum. The centerpiece of the exhibits is a remarkable collection of 'O' gauge trains that was amassed by a local dentist. What distinguishes his collection though is that he and a few pals of his painstakingly constructed, over several decades, a true-to-scale diorama of the ENTIRE TOWN. These guys could have given today's geeks a run for their money - they actually went out and took measurements of the actual buildings to ensure the replicas had accurate proportions.

The pictures don't really do justice to the whole kaboodle which was bequeathed to the town by the dentist when he was in his nineties. This thing is MASSIVE! It was built in the basement of his home, and an exterior wall had to be torn down in order to remove the diorama to its new home. I can only imagine what a logistical nightmare it must have been. I understand a model train collectors club was instrumental in helping with the move.

Anyway, an example of train geekery that doesn't involve model trains being inserted into mouths... As far as I know...

[Image: 2885u6t.jpg]
[Image: 2z4colj.jpg]
[Image: 2dk0en6.jpg]
[Image: 345louc.jpg]
[Image: 29ogzk6.jpg]
[Image: 53mn0p.jpg]
[Image: 2mxg1hf.jpg]
[Image: ehf678.jpg]
[Image: 33cwwwn.jpg]
OH PLEASE...
The following 5 users Like Toad's post:
  • Gamma, Idle Miscreant, wellplayedpenny, Nutz, Jomi25

A toast to HQ and the Shennies:

[Image: 2nm2e1e.jpg]
The following 2 users Like Louise's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, Tuesday Pajamas
There appears to be a giant fossilised SOMETHING to the right of the picture. Are you in Jurassic Park? And did you spare no expense?

There's something in your drink as well.
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 1 user Likes Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Louise