Doctor Who - Bigger on the inside
Recently started watching Dr. Who. Which Doctor(s) is/are your favorite? Mine are Ten and I absolutely ADORE Nine and Rose. I wanted to watch the classics at some point as well, so should I just start from the first Doctor or is there a particular one/season that stands out?
Well its very much a matter of preference...

[Image: 926578d10a707618532b11bec7d14873-d6vh7c9.jpg]

I'm mostly familiar with Four and Five from the old Doctors and I think Four is the best of the early to mid-range ones. Others here like One and Two but I've not seen these guys.

Nine, Ten and Eleven are all great IMO, love them all but the new guy and the current writing hasn't quite clicked but I'm starting to like him after quite a few re-viewings. He has an amazing face but there's something off somehow...
The following 2 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • FlyingSolo, Nutz
I caught some random episodes on PBS growing up, but I became a Fan of the show and consider Nine my first Doctor. And as everyone knows you never forget your first  Big Grin

I haven't watched any of Season Nine yet. I was afraid that "the Moff" was going to change another fixed point in time, plus I'm kind of getting tired of the formula he has. Take Fairy tale/mythology, mix in Clara acting like the Doctor, and finish it off with a circular paradox.
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 1 user Likes Nutz's post:
  • FlyingSolo
Four was my Doctor. (I am old) But although I was wary, Nine was a great reintroduction, the Oncoming Teeth. As for Ten - manic genius, mad hair, crazy smile, smartest guy in the room, knows it, snappy dresser, it's kind of AnJLbait. (We will pass swiftly over my reaction to the Last Centurion)

I'll admit, I'm not too happy with where the show has gone now in the sense of super-special snowflakes at the centre of existence, that's the Doctor's job, making him a sidekick to some Mary-Sue Self-Insert fan fiction irritates me.
The following 1 user Likes SpaceAnJL's post:
  • FlyingSolo
Amen to that Space
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 1 user Likes Nutz's post:
  • FlyingSolo
I did watch the original series some, Four was my first Doctor too. The new series I love Nine and Ten, Eleven depends very much on the writing for me. There are some episodes I like quite a bit and Eleven does well but so many others just do nothing for me. I like Capaldi fine(though yeah I think there is something a bit off) but Clara has gotten on my last nerve. I know she is leaving but not soon enough.
Oh wow, oh wow, what an adventure.
The following 2 users Like Gamma's post:
  • FlyingSolo, Nutz
I might start watching the Fourth Doctor first. I read some of the original story online so I have the gist of who the Doctor is and his origins. Oh, who am I kidding, I'll probably watch all of the series by the end of this month. I'm hooked Big Grin.

The only thing that I wished would happen was for Christopher Eccleston to have stayed a bit longer. He, in my opinion, was phenomenal. Apparently, it seems many viewers skip him and go straight for Ten (who is adorable, no doubt about it!), but gosh, there was something fantastic about the way that he portrayed the Doctor (see what I did there? Big Grin). His intense and yet charming persona just swept me off my feet, that's for sure! Smile
The following 1 user Likes FlyingSolo's post:
  • Nutz
I think this article captures my feeling about Doctor Who right now, and the section about the show runner, is perfect. Both for Doctor Who and BBT

"Moffat sits in a different chair to the one occupied by John Nathan-Turner, but ultimately it’s the same situation: outstaying your welcome. The longer he’s here, the more we allow him to do: not content with having undermined everything Russell T Davies achieved (I’m not going to expand on this; if you can’t figure it out it’ll give you something to argue about), he’s now making his mark in other ways, too numerous and obvious to mention here. Somewhere, I’m convinced he has a list of “Things I want to do before I step down”, and presumably if he manages to tick off everything on the list then Mark Gatiss has to buy him a PlayStation 4."

EVERYTHING HAS ITS TIME AND EVERYTHING DIES by James Baldock
http://www.kasterborous.com/2015/11/ever...hing-dies/
The following 2 users Like Nutz's post:
  • Gamma, CassandraElise
Yeah, don't mess with Doctor Who fans. THAT is not Tom Baker for starters!! Big Grin Geez Jim....

[Image: 97025.jpg]

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2016-01-0...or-who-fan

But they got Back to the Future and Doctor Who mixed up. Big Grin
The following 1 user Likes Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Nutz
http://comicbook.com/2016/01/22/steven-m...hurch-cre/

Says it all. Steven Moffat is leaving Doctor Who.
Let's go exploring!
The following 4 users Like wellplayedpenny's post:
  • Gamma, Tuesday Pajamas, Nutz, FlyingSolo