Doctor Who - Bigger on the inside
I'm begging you Moffat, please no more kids in the TARDIS, and the last time I checked the show was called Doctor Who, not Clara and the Doctor..... You might want to keep that in mind.
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
(10-05-2014, 12:16 PM)Nutz Wrote: I'm begging you Moffat, please no more kids in the TARDIS, and the last time I checked the show was called Doctor Who, not Clara and the Doctor..... You might want to keep that in mind.

I rolled my eyes a few times this last episode. The kid was slightly less annoying than I thought she would be, but Clara needs to go away.
I'd say this is another show that needs a new showrunner.
Oh wow, oh wow, what an adventure.
(10-05-2014, 01:05 PM)Gamma12 Wrote: I rolled my eyes a few times this last episode. The kid was slightly less annoying than I thought she would be, but Clara needs to go away.
I'd say this is another show that needs a new showrunner.

I agree, he's got very stale and this seasons stories are weak. It was too much like Sarah Jane Adventures taking a school girl in the tardis. New showrunner! New assistant.
I'm still a couple of weeks behind viewing this season - not looking forward to any ep with Clara's terminally annoying brats involved. I still haven't got over the trauma of that pile of stinking shit Gaiman's Cyberman episode turned into. :/

I like JLC, but not the whole super speshul snowflake trope that Moffatt has bought into. It smacks of pandering to self-insert Mary-Sue fandom. And I am pissed off with the kiddification of Madam Vastra et al - just think what Gatiss could do, if they let him write a proper Victorian penny dreadful series. Instead of smutty predatory lesbian jokes and the comedy potato-head.

The problem with Who is that it was originally designed to be an educational history show, visiting different eras, hence the inclusion of Susan as audience expy and the whole initial school setting. Then Daleks happened, and it all got a lot more fun. The viewing audience skews a bit older, now, so it doesn't need the entirely twee idea the BBC has for 'family' viewing. The scripts have tried to be a bit too clever, sometimes, and the time slot doesn't allow for it to quite come off. Having said that, it does look like Capaldi is bringing it back to more of a drama, and less of the star-crossed lovers story lines we've had. (Ten was brilliant when he was being insane, less so when he was emo boy. Ditto Eleven. And I'm not forgiving the show for Donna any time soon. Or River Song - her entire life was literally all about the Doctor, and then she ended up spending eternity as a digital babysitter? F.T.S, seriously.)

This thread is dangerous. Four was my Doctor, and I have Opinions. Big Grin
The following 1 user Likes SpaceAnJL's post:
  • Nutz
I bloody love Tom Baker.

The last incarnation I caught was Sylvester McCoy...what was he..7th?

I have avoided any new Who like a plague of hipsters. However, having also avoided Sherlock on account of a great fondness for the stories and Basil Rathbone's portrayal, and then discovering that Sherlock was actually quite a faithful and splendid show, I attempted to watch this new Capaldi fellow earlier this evening. I lasted about 5 minutes.
Capaldi's good, but what absolute twaddle (Withnail voice there obviously). What prithee was that CHILD doing? HOW was the planet falling apart?
And horror above all, they appeared to be trying to make the Doctor experience GROWTH.
You hurt her widdle feelings Doctor, by telling he she isn't speshull.
SHE ISN'T.
Jesus christ we need Blackadder in a TARDIS...

I though the brilliant Mark Gatiss was involved in this? Where is he dammit!
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
So who's your fave assistant Space...

[Image: 180px-Sarah_Jane_Smith.jpg][Image: 225px-K-9.jpg]

I'm about to download 'Kill the moon' the reviews are mixed. Some are saying the science is a bit too unrealistic, others are saying it's scary.
The God-King of the universe, Mr Charlie Brooker, gives his opinions on Season 2 of the Tennant Who...

"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
[quote='Tuesday Pajamas'
I'm about to download 'Kill the moon' the reviews are mixed. Some are saying the science is a bit too unrealistic, others are saying it's scary.
[/quote]

I did not find this one at all scary. Dr. Who for me has never been "scary" per say, but certain episodes like Midnight or Silence in the Library/Forrest I find creepy. Maybe I missed something but I thought this one was really lame.
Oh wow, oh wow, what an adventure.
I'm really looking forward to tonight's episode The Orient Express in Space episode, plus it looks like Clara isn't in it. Please Moffat don't f#ck this up.
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
(10-07-2014, 07:14 AM)Gamma12 Wrote: I did not find this one at all scary. Dr. Who for me has never been "scary" per say, but certain episodes like Midnight or Silence in the Library/Forrest I find creepy. Maybe I missed something but I thought this one was really lame.

That's what the review said but you're right it wasn't scary at all. The writing is just not very good right now. Haven't seen Orient but I'm wondering if it's not just a rehash of the Titantic one. Hope not...