Poll: What's your fave Sheldon quirk? (choose as many as you like)
This poll is closed.
The tics
10.11%
9 10.11%
The fake smile
1.12%
1 1.12%
The germ phobia
7.87%
7 7.87%
The eyebrows
12.36%
11 12.36%
Bazinga
6.74%
6 6.74%
The laugh
12.36%
11 12.36%
The repetitions
6.74%
6 6.74%
The fainting
0%
0 0%
The nerd obsessions
7.87%
7 7.87%
The science rants
16.85%
15 16.85%
Inability to deceive
12.36%
11 12.36%
Need for closure
5.62%
5 5.62%
Total 89 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

More Ticks Than a Lyme Disease Research Facility
Alright humans, we hereby encourage you to post your favourite Sheldonic expressions and mannerisms, from demented to charming, with a pit-stop at wholly unsettling. With your help, we shall build a scroll of terrifying mirth, to titillate the ancient, and chasten the young.
Start.

[Image: sheldon.gif]
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
Here's one that more than qualifies for "wholly unsettling."

[Image: 28wnzhu.gif]
OH PLEASE...
Yes, well let's get the classics out of the way, so they don't fester in the brain...Sheldon's "psychotically rendered pantomime of caring" as Check E. Light most aptly puts it. Here, incidentally; http://www.shennyhq.com/#!the-adhesive-d...ency/c13z7

[Image: shelly.gif]
The following 1 user Likes Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Jislane35
The koala face.

[Image: tumblr_lxqwztVnUy1qgv0noo2_500.gif]
[Image: tumblr_lhwadhutx21qbqt8go1_500.gif]

Why are these gifs so fast? LOL he looks crazed.
Does the "Moving Finger" count?

I am totally computer illiterate! I tried to attach a gif of the scene I have on my computer, but it seems that the gif is too large for this website. And I tried "insert image" but it seems that you should have a link to the image, but I don't have a link. I just have the gif on my PC. If anyone has a gif of Sheldon giving Penny the Moving Finger, please post it here?

P.S.
You may know this already, but what Sheldon says to Penny while giving her the finger is a part of one of the Rubaiyats of Omar Khayyam, the Persian polymath, mathematician, astronomer and poet.

"The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it."

Yeah, the Sheldon of early seasons would even quote Khayyam. Oddly enough, last night a documentary about Omar Khayyam was on TV. Unfortunately, I caught only the last 6-7 minutes of it, but I found a quote by Khayyam very interesting. He had written about how people would always 'mock those who choose the path of science, truth and honesty'. So, can it be that almost all geniuses, regardless of the time and the place they are born in, are destined to go through mockery and to be misunderstood at least at some phase in their lives?
(01-02-2014, 11:07 PM)FranEssi Wrote: Does the "moving finger" count?

I am totally computer illiterate! I tried to attach a gif of the scene I have on my computer, but it seems that the gif is too large for this website. And I tried "insert image" but it seems that you should have a link to the image, but I don't have a link. I just have the gif on my PC. If anyone has a gif of Sheldon giving Penny the moving finger, please post it here?

P.S.
You may know this already, but what Sheldon says to Penny while giving her the finger is a part of one of the Rubaiyats of Omar Khayyam, the Persian polymath, mathematician, astronomer and poet.

"The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it."

Yeah, the Sheldon of early seasons would even quote Khayyam. Oddly enough, last night a documentary about Omar Khayyam was on TV. Unfortunately, I caught only the last 6-7 minutes of it, but I found a quote by Khayyam very interesting. He had written about how people would always 'mock those who choose the path of science, truth and honesty'. So, can it be that almost all geniuses, regardless of the time and the place they are born in, are destined to go through mockery and to be misunderstood at least at some phase in their lives?

I didn't know that, thanks. And it's fitting indeed as Sheldon endures mockery on the show now.

I found this one...

[Image: tumblr_mcn0o79XyY1rode1oo1_400.gif]

BTW, welcome FranEssi Smile
The following 1 user Likes Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Jislane35
Yes! Thanks for the gif, Tuesday Pajamas! Although the gif I have is a bit longer and a bit more high-quality. I wish I could post it.

Thanks for the welcome! It's a pleasure being here. I just finished browsing the website and it looks absolutely amazing. One can see all the love and the efforts that have been put into it. Thanks for doing this for all the Sheldon and Penny fans!
(01-02-2014, 11:07 PM)FranEssi Wrote: Yeah, the Sheldon of early seasons would even quote Khayyam. Oddly enough, last night a documentary about Omar Khayyam was on TV. Unfortunately, I caught only the last 6-7 minutes of it, but I found a quote by Khayyam very interesting. He had written about how people would always 'mock those who choose the path of science, truth and honesty'. So, can it be that almost all geniuses, regardless of the time and the place they are born in, are destined to go through mockery and to be misunderstood at least at some phase in their lives?

And when the tiger gets caught in mud, the monkeys jump on his back, as I believe the saying goes (roughly translated). I think ostracisation, mockery and persecution are the unshakeable monkeys of anyone in the least bit extraordinary, to say nothing of those cursed with genius itself. And I’m sure they have their own demons to deal with additionally.

I’m familiar with the Rubaiyat. There’s usually about four copies at any one time in whatever hovel I happen to be living in….one of the perils of being an ex-antiquarian bookseller. I have a version translated into Scots at the moment, which can only be read whilst utterly blootered.

Sheldon’s quoted Khayyam before, I’ve just remembered, in Bath Item, to Penny;
“No, it’s too late. I see it. That elf sticker says to Sheldon. The die has been cast, the moving finger has writ, Hannibal has crossed the Alps.”

Fascinating.

And to continue on;
[Image: tumblr_m5z76syVST1ryt3yso1_500.gif]

(By the way, yes, Welcome FranEssi, and delighted you approve of the site! Pajamas has done a fiendishly good job, eh? Dazzling.)
The monkeys and the tiger stuck in the mud is a very appropriate metaphor.

Thanks for the welcome! Yes, Tuesday Pajamas, and you, Major, and everyone else who contributed to building this website have done a fantastic job. Thanks for doing this! This website is helping me to remember why I came to love this show and these characters in the first place!