Poll: Which musical would u love to see Penny star in?
This poll is closed.
Annie
33.33%
1 33.33%
Chicago
0%
0 0%
Wicked
0%
0 0%
West Side Story
0%
0 0%
My Fair Lady
33.33%
1 33.33%
Hair
33.33%
1 33.33%
Grease
0%
0 0%
The Sound of Music
0%
0 0%
Rent
0%
0 0%
Total 3 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Penny on Broadway?
Fellow Shennys and Broadway fans(such as myself, etc...), would u have loved(and or wanted)to see more of Penny's portrayal of Mimi Marquez in her one-night Rent showcase? I know I wouldSmile
Hypothetically speaking, what other Broadway productions could u see our favorite Cornhusker starring in? A low-rent production of Annie perhaps? lol.......
What Broadway shows could u see Penny starring in?
The following 1 user Likes ShennyShipper91's post:
  • Trust No One
(09-29-2014, 08:08 AM)ShennyShipper91 Wrote: Fellow Shennys, would u have loved(and or wanted)to see more of Penny's portrayal of Mimi Marquez in her one-night Rent showcase? I know I wouldSmile
Hypothetically speaking, what other Broadway productions could u see our favorite Cornhusker starring in? A low-rent production of Annie perhaps? lol.......
What Broadway shows could u see Penny starring in?

I can see Penny in Annie get your gun.
I would have like to have seen Penny acting in something physical. Maybe like a stunt double or something till she can find her way to the spotlight.

I bet she'd do well in a role where she is running around chasing a perp or running from evil robot/cyborg things (Big Grin)

(I hope I'm not derailing this thread, my knowledge of broadway is minimal at best Blush)
The following 1 user Likes queenoftheDales's post:
  • lewstonewar
Oh, I definitely would've loved to see her Mimi portrayal. They could've shown the video footage of her performance as a tag scene. Her "Aaaaaaaaa~oooooot toniiiight~" wasn't really that bad. At least she was in-tune. Haha. Smile

I could've used more scenes like that "A Streetcar Named Desire" play they did. They should've done more of that in the earlier seasons if Penny had been attending acting classes since then. Even short scenes depicting her while doing workshop would've worked.

Out of curiosity, I'd like to see Penny as Fantine in a low-budget production Les Mis. Granted, her version of "I Dreamed A Dream" wouldn't be that stellar, vocal-wise, but that song demands a lot of acting and she might just nail it.

The other (very few) Broadway productions I'm familiar with involve a lot of singing so, I'm all out. Big Grin
The following 1 user Likes Jomi25's post:
  • ShennyShipper91
(09-29-2014, 09:23 AM)Jomi25 Wrote: Oh, I definitely would've loved to see her Mimi portrayal. They could've shown the video footage of her performance as a tag scene. Her "Aaaaaaaaa~oooooot toniiiight~" wasn't really that bad. At least she was in-tune. Haha. Smile

I could've used more scenes like that "A Streetcar Named Desire" play they did. They should've done more of that in the earlier seasons if Penny had been attending acting classes since then. Even short scenes depicting her while doing workshop would've worked.

Out of curiosity, I'd like to see Penny as Fantine in a low-budget production Les Mis. Granted, her version of "I Dreamed A Dream" wouldn't be that stellar, vocal-wise, but that song demands a lot of acting and she might just nail it.

The other (very few) Broadway productions I'm familiar with involve a lot of singing so, I'm all out. Big Grin

I could so see Bernadette playing Cosette in that low-budget Les Mis production...lol

(09-29-2014, 09:17 AM)queenoftheDales Wrote: I would have like to have seen Penny acting in something physical. Maybe like a stunt double or something till she can find her way to the spotlight.

I bet she'd do well in a role where she is running around chasing a perp or running from evil robot/cyborg things (Big Grin)

(I hope I'm not derailing this thread, my knowledge of broadway is minimal at best Blush)
Which musical would you love to see Penny star in?
I would say musical theater probably wouldn't be Penny's strong suit but if she did do something I think a more comic role- something that doesn't require a "pretty" voice would be good. Ado Annie from Oklahoma, or Miss Adelaide from Guys and Dolls, parts that require comic acting as much as singing maybe. I don't really see her as an ingenue type( I think those characters are pretty boring anyway).
Oh wow, oh wow, what an adventure.
The following 1 user Likes Gamma's post:
  • lewstonewar
I chose Annie because Annie get your gun and Oklahoma were not available....

Miz Hannigan.
Little girls. Little girls. Everywhere I turn I can see them. Little girls. Little girls. Night and day. I eat, sleep and breathe them.
I have merged two threads together because they had the same topic.