Nerdvana: Collectibles & Merchandise
I propose that this should be a thread about collectibles, merchandise, and interesting items, whether TBBT-related or not.

I don't know what to think of *these* figurines. ( I don't own them.)
That doesn't look anything like Sheldon, IMO it looks like a Pixar character. I haven't seen them for sale anywhere.

[Image: 96b8ef.jpg]

I love my Howard & Raj Funko Pop figurines that I posted about in another thread. I like that they are very abstract-looking; they represent more the *idea* of the characters, they're not meant to resemble the actors in any concrete way.

Just for fun, instead of James and the Giant Peach, here's Howard and Raj with the Giant Peach, Giant Pear, and Giant Cupcakes Wink

Perhaps this is a fantasy they had whilst they were high during TADD Wink

[Image: figures3_zps80c5c73f.jpg][/URL]
The following 1 user Likes Louise's post:
  • Toad
[Image: Big-Bang-Theory-MBTI_thumb.jpg] [Image: big_bang_theory.png] It's notable that certain episodes in S3 and S5, had higher viewer numbers than later episodes in S6 and S7! I'm not sure what that Personality chart is; sounds like astrology!
The following 2 users Like ricardo shillyshally's post:
  • Toad, Louise
It's a Jungian test known as the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myers-Brigg..._Indicator

Jung's theories of Type are interesting in and of themselves, but the validity and/or practical use of the test (NOT devised by Jung) itself is frequently brought into question.

Here's a waffly article about it...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/toddessig/20...iggs-mbti/

I've seen that TBBT MBTI poster before...I seem to remember there was some disagreement over the classification of the characters' types.
I need coffee now and must work, but I'll drift back and squint more carefully at it later.
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 3 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • queenoftheDales, Toad, Louise
Thanks, amazing what I've learnt, researched, since using this forum. Also I find that TBBT, and talking about it has revitalised my interests in aspects of culture I'd not thought about for a while. Are we redefining what a forum is? Long live discourse!!!! [Image: tumblr_mizqvoHgCt1r1n4hto6_r1_250.gif]
The following 6 users Like ricardo shillyshally's post:
  • Louise, Nutz, Idle Miscreant, Gamma, queenoftheDales, Toad
[Image: cooltv-0046_1024x1024.jpg?v=1355085570]<(just inspired by RA) Another plot anomaly; you'd think with all his meticulous planning, and forethought when drawing up the Roommate Agreement, Sheldon would have had a clause whereby he could fry Leonard's brains, if he ever called his mother. I once went for a room, where the guy actually had drawn up a RA, based on the shortcomings of previous tenants. I smiled and left!
The following 1 user Likes ricardo shillyshally's post:
  • Idle Miscreant
It's obvious that with their limited locations, sitcoms often revolve around a sofa. It's where everyone can gather. It's the most prominent furniture. And has special significance in TBBT. [Image: f6d76440-730d-4209-b815-522d45c08235-620x372.jpeg][Image: the-big-bang-theory-nerds1_thumb%25255B3...imgmax=800][Image: roseanne1-16.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes ricardo shillyshally's post:
  • Louise
I saw these socks at Target today, I'm thinking I like the nerdy Howard ones better Big Grin. I have no idea what the whole sock looks like though...
[Image: 1zv8k90.jpg]
This picture is huge, sorry!
So cute, both of them! Nerdy Howard is best Howard Big Grin

Not sure I'd wear BBT socks, though, that's a bit much...
[Image: jacey_EricKaplanSigning_13Dec2014_00a.png]