The Whiny Hyper-Neurotic Snot Web - HQ SICK BAY
(10-22-2014, 03:33 PM)Louise Wrote: This is going to sound so self-pitying and silly, you guys, but I need a pep talk. I am not sick, only sick at heart. What they've done with this show, and especially my favorite character, is so discouraging. I know I'm relatively new here, so it's like "yeah, no kidding, welcome to our world", but I just felt the need to say something.

IDK, it's all so terrible. I almost feel the urge to just forget this show & fandom entirely, but I have almost 20K of unfinished fanfic that I haven't posted yet, and I enjoy the intelligent discourse here, too.

Not to be a "special snowflake" or anything, because I know that's pretty annoying, but...I just don't know. It's all so awful.

Yeah, I felt like this around the beginning of S5 and I stopped watching until S7. I just could not believe that the writing had took such a nose-dive. Season 4 and 7 were supposed to be the benefit of the doubt; like the show and writing would turn around.

Once there was the SIcK, I just accepted that this show is done for me. Sheldon is ruined and there isn't a way to fix it now. It's more annoying than anything. They can make Sheldumb have sex and whatever else to make sure there isn't any more Vintage Sheldon and that's fine. Now the show is a stupid parody (or at least I see it that way) and I'm not missing anything when I choose not to watch. I don't read the new episode threads or the TR's, although I don't mind talking about new stuff that gets mentioned in other places.

I think your best bet is to stay far away from the new stuff now. It's only gonna get worse with how crappy the writing is now. I'm not creatively inclined so I don't know what it's like to have so much time invested in that kind of stuff, but I say keep it. I'm sure there are some Howard Purist/Alt-shippers/notalgics that are lurking and are more than likely reading your posts. Maybe you can draw some more folks out of their lurker shell.

Plus, AS MUCH AS I LOVE DISCUSSING SHELDON, it can get a little monotonous Angel. Focusing on another character who is getting written in the same fashion as Sheldon, Howard in this case, is like getting a breather from how awful it is. There ain't nothing wrong with eating pancakes until my tummy explodes, but every once in while I gotta throw in a piece of bacon to mix it up a bit. (I hope I didn't lose you with an analogy of my favorate pastime Tongue)

Come join the Not Watching club... there is no show past season 3 over yonder, just vintage shows and actual comedy......

[Image: kelly_dance.gif]
The following 2 users Like queenoftheDales's post:
  • Louise, Idle Miscreant
Thanks, Queen. Blossom Yeah, I'm def. part of the no-watching club, and I don't read the TRs, either, and I *try* not to read the new episode threads, but it's so tempting; it's like that "sick fascination, car-wreck" type of thing...

Haha, I love Kelli K. Such a fun character.
I haven't watched TBBT properly since mid season 5. I purely come here for the crack.
HARRISON FORD IS IRRADIATING OUR TESTICLES WITH MICROWAVE SATELLITE TRANSMISSIONS

AND WHO THE FUCK STOLE MY BOILED EGGS?
[Image: worlds_best_slacker_mug-r64e764fe16654e4...vr_512.jpg] I can't believe you think your education is more important! No but really, drop us a tang of wit occasionally. I miss that!
A few get well items for Dev

Soft Kitty Grilled Cheese sandwich
[Image: 022713_sandwichmaker_3-540x540.jpg]

Tea with Whisky and Lemon
[Image: whiskeytea.jpg]
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 2 users Like Nutz's post:
  • devilbk, Toad
Thank you, Nutz. (Cough. Cough)