Like an old married couple
I've noticed there's a paucity of jibber jabber here about our favorite couple, so in order to rectify that...

Lately I've become particularly enamored with the scene in The Excelsior Acquisition where Sheldon, in his plaid suit, is prepping Penny for his court date. The homespun, corn-fed Nebraska dialog that Penny, a trifle insulted, good-naturedly rehearses anyway, while Sheldon silently mouths along behind her, tickles me no end. Kaley nails this scene, especially when she adds the little catch to her voice. Darn tootin'.

What about you guys? Is there a particular Shenny scene (or scenes) that you can watch over and over again?
OH PLEASE...
The following 2 users Like Toad's post:
  • stock2007, Idle Miscreant
The one that immediately comes to mind is when Sheldon attempts to teach Penny "a little physics". I bet I've replayed that scene 100 times. Brilliantly done.
(01-02-2014, 12:35 AM)FlyingMonkey Wrote: The one that immediately comes to mind is when Sheldon attempts to teach Penny "a little physics". I bet I've replayed that scene 100 times. Brilliantly done.

Ah, yes, I love it too. Another great turn from Kaley - when she tremulously answers "five?" I lose it.
OH PLEASE...
(Yawn) I was sleeping and I see someone checked in. Smile

Yes yes Sheldon and Penny . There's so many moments that are wonderful, it's difficult to pick a favorite but I love the way she handles him. No one handles Sheldon like Penny AND it's funny. She is always herself with him and has never tried to kiss up to him like Amy. I just adore this bit of dialogue:

Penny: "Oh, I love San Francisco. I wish I was going with you."

Sheldon: "I understand your envy. This is a can’t-miss symposium. There are going to be discussions on bioorganic cellular computer devices, the advancements in multi-threaded task completion, plus a roundtable on the nonequilibrium Green’s function approach to the photoionization process in atoms."

Penny: "When I go, I usually just get hammered and ride the cable cars."

The contrast between them is sublime, funny and they are both 100% honest. Shenny at it's most delectable. Sheldon's face! No one can do that too him like she can.
The exchanging of gifts that culminated into one of the most beautiful hugs in TV history, of course.

"ALL I NEED IS A HEALTHY OVUM AND I CAN GROW MY OWN LEONARD NIMOY!!"
HARRISON FORD IS IRRADIATING OUR TESTICLES WITH MICROWAVE SATELLITE TRANSMISSIONS

AND WHO THE FUCK STOLE MY BOILED EGGS?
The following 1 user Likes Wisp's post:
  • JustMyLuckiness
I love that episode when Sheldon tries to use Pavlovian conditioning on Penny by giving her chocolate every time she does something he approves of. I live how okay with this she is.
I also love the episode where they start up Penny's business together. Too cute!
My personal motto when it comes to romance:
"Once the rockets are up who cares where they come down. That's not my department." (Wernher Von Braun) Tom Lehrer
Definitely when Sheldon and Penny perform 'Where No Sheldon Has Gone Before'. When 'Little Shelly' appears and he melts down I'm just in awe.
Ah, The Work Song Nanocluster.
Some people find that one face-chewingly dull, but that would be people who don't appreciate synchronised sea-shanties and gibbering coffee-spiked Sheldon, and Flash costumes, and Secret Agent Laser Obstacle Lunch, and S and P in quasi-militant mode, so that would be the WRONG people...
There's a whole damn page for it on the site.
http://www.shennyhq.com/#!the-work-song-...ster/c106z
Please allow your mind to boggle momentarily at the fact that there's an actual Penny Blossom WITH GODDAMN BLUETOOTH on the page. The genius of Tuesday Pajamas is a thing to FEAR!

Wellplayedpenny! We have that one around 'ere as well. It's one of my own favourites...
http://www.shennyhq.com/#!the-thespian-catalyst/c1rz0
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
There are so many Shenny moments to chose. I love the Panty Pinata Polarization. I really enjoyed the entire Moon Pie scene with Sheldon on the train trying to maintain composure as he talks with Penny, and on the other end Penny is being very casual about everything, and Sheldon is being serious.
The following 1 user Likes taffinabean's post:
  • cassiusmoriarty
(01-14-2014, 02:13 AM)taffinabean Wrote: There are so many Shenny moments to chose. I love the Panty Pinata Polarization. I really enjoyed the entire Moon Pie scene with Sheldon on the train trying to maintain composure as he talks with Penny, and on the other end Penny is being very casual about everything, and Sheldon is being serious.

And she breaks the box he keeps the key in. I love that bit.