Like an old married couple
(07-06-2016, 08:14 PM)QueenOfShebaSays Wrote: It didn't mention that Sheldon and Penny are quite fond of each other and that's why they do these things...
Part 1:

That is the most important point.

The affection of this two to each other can be clearly seen in their actions and their behaviour. It was/is a feature of the entire series. To see (really) only friendship in their (teasing, flirting) behaviours........hmmm. Dodgy

How often mentoined, -yes, yes....sorry that I do it again- I was a fan of "The X-Files", and because of that-of course- I also collected the comics. I one of them Mulder and Scully were captured by a paramillitary backwood-gang. The story was told by the POV of a young deaf/dump girl who was also a prisoner there. And her impression, regarding this two agents was extraordinary.

"They are not husband and wife or lovers. But they protect and care for each other that they would shame many 'lovers'."

Well, and that it is what I saw by Penny and Sheldon from the beginning on.
No one of this two must ask the other one for help or caring. They do it instinctively and that shows this invisible bound between them.

One of the latest proofs was the 200. episode.

It was Sheldons birthday, he fled to the bathroom...and who followed to comfort him?
We might have expected, in this situation, it would be his official girlfriend..... but there was no Amy.

It was Penny.
Again!

(Interesting that by this scene I often read comments like: "I am a "Shamy" /or "Lenny"-fan but when I see such scenes I am not sure if Penny and Sheldon not would be the better couple.")

It is always Penny. And that shows -for me- what the "Shamy" Morlock  really is.....and strengthened again my incomprehension about that the authors are not willing to do something with these two characters....which are so predestined to be a convincing couple.

Another example from the TV-history are the characters of "Hawkeye Pearce" and "Hotlips Houlihan" from "M.A.S.H.". Both were the completely opposites of each other. She always correct, ernest, orderly and always acting with regulations,...he messy , funny, a little bit infantile and with a weakness for alcohol. The produceres were aware of that and let them got closer when they were alone and under enemy-fire. But they led the "experiment" does not continue,  although it would have been perfect.

The whole show there was this thought in my mind but it seemed that the producers wanted no work with it. But they made at the end this  beautiful scene with this long passionate kiss at the last episode. So they showed that there was this kind of "back door" and the fans that they were respected.

[Image: f97b663040dff366a0d33d663cc1dec2.jpg]

[Image: 7d7f8b90b5124655417e013ba5f9bf77.jpg]

Well, I always hope, that the producers of "TBBT" will be acting in the same way and that they will give us something of this kind,.....which -you know me-  I hope that it will be more than at M.A.S.H and we can experience how Penny  and Sheldon  really come together.

[Image: tbbt-kiss.jpg]

(See the similarity?)
The following 2 users Like Ratman77's post:
  • QueenOfShebaSays, chaotic temptation
Part II:

Regarding to the DVD-cover: Whether knowingly or not-the creators brought it symbolically on the point. Penny and Sheldon are the center, the core  with which stands and drops the whole show. By my first view on it my eyes instinctively was focused on this two and ignore all the others. ,....

(and Pennys -Miss Cuocos- hands like gun and the face-expressions of both -"hands up, do not move, no step further"- Big Grin .....this should be the expressions against Leonard and Amy after they have enough of them). sass

All in all not a bad work this time.

And that Katey Segal will play Pennys mother is a nice idea and a nice homage to "8 simple rules".

And well, there is a rumor where I hope that it is really only a rumor. That Sheldon and Amy would go to live together. The show would lost -after the intoducing of this pair-stuff- one of the last groundworks. The premise was always that Sheldon and Leonard were roommates. If that would no be more longer, this wonderful group-and friendship-topic would be gone by the wind.

(The intro of the first seasons episodes brought it so on the point. The nerd-friends and Penny sat on the couch and ate together. It was simple and fine and showed the-first- concept better than thousand words.)

The deconstruction of this-over the last seasons-  had already a lot of negative effects.

A member of the "TV-serienjunkies"-forum explaind it well:

"Meanwhile the gang only comes together, if there is something to celebrate. Birthdays, wedding-celebrations and so on. Otherwise they all are boring to each other. The whole thing seems like a marriage which is too long."

I think that is right and if they finish also the "roommate"-topic now, than....(the "Godzilla"-fans are calling the "Emerich"- Monster G.I.N.O.......Godzilla In Name Only) we could call the show "TBBTINO"

But....you all know, fellow "Shenny-shippers", it is not over. There is a whole season. Eventually more. And if they really have only so little ideas for season ten, than they must do something special. ......What means , we could come to our "Shenny."

So chins up!

Greetings from Germany!

P.S. 1: To "WENN": A late but warmly "hello" also from me and a "thank you" for your feedback to my last post.

P.S.: 2: To "Tuesday Pajamas": Thank you for post this new cover.

P.S.: 3: A german cabaretist (Mahlsheimer) said something that can relate well to the show: " Once nothing was better, but once there were things there were good. And they still would be if they had left them."

P.S.4: At this point, like "Queen" an "devilbk" I have made my own cenario for a "Shenny"-turnaround.

Scene:

After the celebrating, and after Pennys mom now knows all of the gang she have a talk with her daughter under four eyes:

Susan: " I want to congratulate you again, ....when we are alone."

Short hug.

Penny:" Thank you mom."

A short pause

Susan: "Well honey,... there is something I want to ask you.!

Penny:" What?"

Susan ( after a second short pause): "Well, I do not want that you understand it wrong. I do not want to hurt you, and I hope that you know that I always want your best."

Penny:"Clear."

Susan: "It is,..... Well, I like Leonard. He seems to be a nice guy, but..........why him?"

Penny ( cunfused): "What do you mean?"

Susan:" Well, I've been watching you. You and all the other ones, and... I have seen how you deal with Sheldon."

Penny:" Sheldon?"

Susan: "Yes."

Penny: "What is about Sheldon? What do you mean?"

Susan:" Look honey,... I know you very well. And the kind how you are deal with him, shows me that you like him very much."

Penny:" .......Yes,...of course I like him. He is my best friend and....."

Susan:" No, not like that. Something more. I mean that,..... you have deeper feelings for him."

Penny: "For Sheldon?"

Susan nods slightly.

Penny:"  Ohh, mom. That is not your ernest. ....Sheldon? How you can think something like that? How can you mean....?""

Susan:" You treat him exactly like the boy in whom you was in love when you was a teenager. Where you have not dared. It was the first time in your life that you really was in love with someone. I remember it very well, honey. And,....I have observed Sheldon too

Penny:" What do you want to say?"

Susan:" . He may be a strange guy but,....well I saw that his behaivor changes whe you are presence.  He is very fond of you. More than to his girlfriend."

Penny (angry): "Mom, what do you say? I am married with Leonard!

Susan:" Yes but......honestly.....I'm not sure that it was the right choice for you."

Penny-while on her way to the door: "I do not want to hear anymore!"

SLAM!

Susan (to herself):" She do not want to see it."-Pause- "And he not too."

Scene End (From here Penny is thoughtful)

P.S.: 4: Sorry please for my english again and the incoherence of this post. It was written again in a very great hurry.
The following 2 users Like Ratman77's post:
  • QueenOfShebaSays, Tuesday Pajamas
Hi guys I'm new here !

I think the Shenny friendship tops all else on the show and years from now, if someone asks me of my fave moments on tbbt, i can bet i will still only remember the Shenny moments from early seasons. I think the idea of Shenny as a romantic couple could have been great at the end of season 2 or 3.

I like the idea of Shenny as a couple mostly because I think Sheldon is cuter than Leonard and Penny is cuter than Amy , so Sheldon and Penny will make a cuter looking couple. And Leonard and Amy are so.... dull and plain looking and just there is no chemistry with them.

I know, I'm shallow , Haha but I can't help thinking that Jim and Kaley would make the more attractive couple. I thought their kiss in season 9 was hotter than any kiss between canon couples. Anyone else also feel this way ?
The following 4 users Like chaotic temptation's post:
  • Ratman77, Toad, devilbk, Tuesday Pajamas
(07-25-2016, 08:00 AM)chaotic temptation Wrote: Hi guys I'm new here !

I think the Shenny friendship tops all else on the show and years from now, if someone asks me of my fave moments on tbbt, i can bet i will still only remember the Shenny moments from early seasons. I think the idea of Shenny as a romantic couple could have been great at the end of season 2 or 3.

I like the idea of Shenny as a couple mostly because I think Sheldon is cuter than Leonard and Penny is cuter than Amy , so Sheldon and Penny will make a cuter looking couple. And Leonard and Amy are so.... dull and plain looking and just there is no chemistry with them.

I know, I'm shallow , Haha but I can't help thinking that Jim and Kaley would make the more attractive couple. I thought their kiss in season 9 was hotter than any kiss between canon couples. Anyone else also feel this way ?
Hello, and welcome, "chaotic".

I am convinced that you are with your opinion come to the right address! Wink Wink Wink

Glad that you have found this side!
The following 1 user Likes Ratman77's post:
  • chaotic temptation
(07-25-2016, 08:00 AM)chaotic temptation Wrote: Hi guys I'm new here !

Hello dear! Don't worry! I 100% agree with you! I mean yeah it's deeper than that... They look damn good together Big Grin

But they're so awesome together! So so awesome....
Bitches be crazy. 
The following 2 users Like QueenOfShebaSays's post:
  • chaotic temptation, Ratman77
Hey Ratman77, really awesome points! For real! I always enjoy reading your thoughts on shenny and TBBT in general.
Bitches be crazy. 
The following 1 user Likes QueenOfShebaSays's post:
  • Ratman77
Welcome chaotic temptation... without a doubt Sheldon and Penny look so perfect together it hurts. They jump off the screen but its more than that. Shenny wouldn't be Shenny without the synergy of the characters. They are two people crying out to learn from one another. Sheldon needs someone like Penny to challenge his arrogance that intellect is the only valuable trait a person can possess. And Penny needs to have someone who doesn't need a trophy wife to make up for insecurities, someone who challenges her use of her looks to be valued. There are beautiful people on every TV show out there but none interest me like these two.
The following 4 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Toad, chaotic temptation, devilbk, Ratman77
(07-25-2016, 07:59 AM)Ratman77 Wrote: Penny-while on her way to the door: "I do not want to hear anymore!"

SLAM!

Susan (to herself):" She do not want to see it."-Pause- "And he not too."

Scene End (From here Penny is thoughtful)

It would be a great tribute, if Sheldon would be there for Penny, after she panics about whole wedding thing and locks herself in the bathroom in her wedding dress. Her parents not liking Leonard, anticipation, the dress, the future, marriage, Leonard, kids, living together,... It gets to her.

And then, just go all in with some cheesy dialogue, Penny's tears, mixed the best Shenny quotes and moments across the series. Either by series of flashbacks like a fanvid or by clever dialogue, before they finally realize they belong together.

The knocking thing
"Hi"
"Hi"
"Chocolate?"
"Sit next to me."
"I'm here for you."
"I don't think I can go back out there."

"I promised Leonard that I'll take care of you." Brings a Penny Blossom from his pocket.

"There was a guy I liked, and I never told him how I felt. Eventually he started going out with someone else, and I always regretted it."

"Sing soft kitty to me."

"We're dreamers, Penny."

"I love that you're in my life. Moonpie."
"I love you too."
"Your Ken can kiss my Barbie."

Gentle kiss, leading into the S9 makeout.

"OK, babe, let's do this."
The following 2 users Like CTR69's post:
  • QueenOfShebaSays, Ratman77
(07-26-2016, 04:52 AM)CTR69 Wrote: It would be a great tribute, if Sheldon would be there for Penny, after she panics about whole wedding thing and locks herself in the bathroom in her wedding dress. Her parents not liking Leonard, anticipation, the dress, the future, marriage, Leonard, kids, living together,... It gets to her.

And then, just go all in with some cheesy dialogue, Penny's tears, mixed the best Shenny quotes and moments across the series. Either by series of flashbacks like a fanvid or by clever dialogue, before they finally realize they belong together.

The knocking thing
"Hi"
"Hi"
"Chocolate?"
"Sit next to me."
"I'm here for you."
"I don't think I can go back out there."

"I promised Leonard that I'll take care of you." Brings a Penny Blossom from his pocket.

"There was a guy I liked, and I never told him how I felt. Eventually he started going out with someone else, and I always regretted it."

"Sing soft kitty to me."

"We're dreamers, Penny."

"I love that you're in my life. Moonpie."
"I love you too."
"Your Ken can kiss my Barbie."

Gentle kiss, leading into the S9 makeout.

"OK, babe, let's do this."

I got a little emotional as I read those lines... I imagined all the scenes in my head... Wow...
Bitches be crazy. 
The following 1 user Likes QueenOfShebaSays's post:
  • Ratman77
QueenOfShebaSaysHey Ratman77, really awesome points! For real! I always enjoy reading your thoughts on shenny and TBBT in general

Blush Blush Blush                Blush         Blush
       Blush                              Blush
       Blush                              Blush 

Thank                            You